Awesome: Night at the Museum
Night at the Museum
- Larry was able to do what no Night Guard had ever done before him-he got the exhibits to finally make peace.
- Jedediah and Octavius using their new car to get "Rexy the Dinosaur Skeleton" to follow the Big Bad Cecil.
- The climax of the scene when Larry is chasing Cecil.
- Cecil: These are money carriers. Larry. They were trained not to stop for anything but a secret word.Larry: Really? You mean a word like...Cecil: *Oh Crap! face*Larry: *shouts* Dakota!
- The Air and Space Museum. Seeing all the different air and spacecrafts throughout history coming to life as well as the mannequins associated with those aircraft, although we didn't get to see any of them take off. Even the mannequins were disappointed.
- Mission Control mannequin: Damn, that was disappointing.
- Larry and Amelia flying across Washington, D.C. in the Wrights' plane.
- Octavius taming the most fearsome of all beasts: a Mundane Made Awesome giant squirrel.
- Jed and Octavius' Back-to-Back Badasses sequence where they incapacitate a half-dozen baddies with nothing but swords. Keep in mind both of them are six-inch figurines. Doubles as Crowning Moment of Funny.
- Larry gets his where he beats a sword-wielding Pharaoh with nothing but a flashlight. For added epic, if you pay attention you'll notice Larry's arm literally shaking from the effort of fending off Kahmunrah's Egyptian-sword. He's up against somebody obviously much stronger than him, and he still kicks Kahmunrah's ass. And, to reiterate, with a flashlight.
- Kahmunrah: What are you?Larry: I'm the night guard.(shoves Kahmunrah into the underworld)
- Custer: We are NOT going to attack... right... now! (they attack)
- Lincoln shows up and proceeds to curb-stomp an army of Underworld demons.
- How Larry dealt with Kahmunrah at the beginning of the film was also kind of awesome. He was completely unimpressed by the man due to his previous experience at the museum, deflating some of his thunder and ruining his attempt to intimidate Larry. Then he managed to outwit the pharaoh long enough to set the octopus on him and snag the tablet back.
- Lancelot's introduction. He punches out the Triceratops. And before that, when it attempts to strike him, he backflips over it. In slow motion.
- The entire fight with the bronze statue of the nine-headed Xiangliu. First, Lancelot shows off his badass sword-fighting skills, while Nick demonstrates his skill with a dagger, from playing World of Warcraft. Of course, the statue's made of metal and doesn't get any damage from their blades...but Larry proceeds to shock it into submission!
- Tilly attempts to knock out Attila when Nick and Attila lock her in. She hits him on the forehead with a claw hammer...which does absolutely no damage at all. No bruises, no reaction, nothing.
- Doesn't help that she hit his helmet rather than any actual "flesh"
- The dance party at the end. Bonus points for the Union Soldier doing the worm at the credits and the Triceratops lifting up Rexy.
- Hugh Jackman's surprise appearance. As himself, no less. Playing King Arthur.
- The fight sequence in the Escher painting. Visual Effects of Awesome, and how!
- A bit of trivia. There were plans to incorporate a similar sequence in Looney Tunes: Back in Action, if one reads this screenplay draft (skip to page 105).
- Another example of awesome SFX is the opening in the planetarium, before all hell breaks loose.
- Dexter saves Jed and Octavius from Mt. Vesuvius...by peeing on them. Repeatedly.
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.