* The super-powered finishers Nier does at the end of every boss fight.
** Special mention to the final fight with the Knave of Hearts, when Nier stops playing around and kills it, once and for all, by strangling it with Dark Hand.
** Ending the fight against Wendy. First, Nier creates a massive Dark Lance, and Emil bores a hole through Wendy's tentacle armor. They both put everything they have into this attack...which culminates in ''dozens of Dark Lances skewering Wendy from the inside out''. Then the waterfalls of blood happen.
* When the player finally gets to see in-game the scene that goes along with Kaine's [[RRatedOpening dialogue at startup]].
--> '''Kaine''': [to Weiss] Now pull your head out of your goddamn ass and ''start [[PrecisionFStrike fucking]] helping us!''
* Father Nier reaction when he sees the Knaves of Hearts tearing the door down.
-->'''Weiss''': Dear lord, what is that thing?\\
'''Nier''': [[BadassBoast Something that's gonna die.]]
* Sechs, King of Facade, turns into a walking CrowningMomentOfAwesome in the second half of the game.
** Leading a RoaringRampageOfRevenge against the wolf pack living in the desert.
** Personally [[ImpaledWithExtremePrejudice spearing]] Roc, the Shade-possessed wolf.
** His out-of-nowhere BigDamnHeroes moment in TheVeryDefinitelyFinalDungeon, which culminates in him doing what even Nier and company couldn't do: killing [[NighInvulnerable Go]][[TheJuggernaut o]][[FullBoarAction se]].
* A meta-example, but one worth nothing, nonetheless - in spite of its failure at retail, the game is getting another installment, developed by Creator/PlatinumGames: ''VideoGame/NierAutomata''.