* "I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore!"
* "Television is not the truth! Television is a goddamned amusement park! Television is a circus, a carnival, a traveling troupe of acrobats, storytellers, dancers, singers, jugglers, side-show freaks, lion tamers, and football players. We're in the boredom-killing business! [...] This is mass madness, you maniacs! In God's name, you people are the real thing! '''We''' are the illusion! So turn off your television sets. Turn them off now. Turn them off right now. Turn them off and leave them off! Turn them off right in the middle of the sentence I'm speaking to you now! TURN THEM OFF!" (''he collapses'')
* Ned Beatty, as chairman of the company that owns the network Howard Beale works for, [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI5hrcwU7Dk delivering his "You have meddled with the primal forces of nature" speech]] that would reduce even Daniel Plainview to a quivering, defeated husk of a man.
* Some fans of classic film actor Bill Holden claim that this was one of his greatest pictures (he was nominated for an Academy Award). They cite "Tell Mr. Hackett to go '''FUCK''' himself!!" and his speech to Diana as CMOA.
* During Beale's "Mad as Hell" speech, Diana gets word that viewers are shouting out their windows in as far away as ''Baton Rouge and Atlanta''.
--> '''Diana''': ''(ecstatic)'' SON OF A BITCH! We struck the mother lode!