Awesome: Ned Stark Lives
The title says it all: Eddard Stark lives! (to fight another day). But, there are more in the series.
- Jaqen H'ghar killing Rorge and Biter.
- Ned calmly tells Tywin no member of his family will go South of the Neck to swear loyalty to Joffrey and Tywin will give him his granddaughter as a "ward". When Tywin mentions that he could have Ned and his daughters killed, he just replies then they will die together, the realm will know the Lannisters for the monsters they are, and Robb still has Jaime. Then he just leaves without permission or even addressing Tywin. Tywin is practically boiling with rage.
- Walder Frey gets one when he revealed Tywin's treachery to the Starks. His heir Stevron then reminded the Starks that by defying the Lannisters, the Freys' situation got a whole lot worse. Robb then vows to send the North's bannermen in aid should the Freys require it.
- Stannis in Chapter 30 of Part I has won Kings Landing and defeated the Lannisters. Upon seeing The Iron Throne what does he do? He orders the barbs beaten off and the edges smoothed off the swords. When this is protested due to its significance and history he claims that while its a throne, its also a chair and he plans on sitting on it for a long time.
- Hot Pie killing Polliver
- Robb killing Ramsay Bolton, and then coming back to life.
- The battle of Meereen in chapter 33 of Part II. Daenerys rides Drogon into battle and burns down the Great Pyramid in honor of her murdered followers.
- In chapter 26 of Part II, Ned leading armies of the North, the Night's Watch, and the Wildlings to defeat the Others at Winterfell.
- In chapter 37 of Part II, Jon uses Lightbringer against an Other and a pack of wights. The wights disintegrate just being near it, while the Other flees in terror!
- Sandor beating the Mountain.
- In this fic, Tyrion is truly his father's son - albeit nicer. Firstly, he managed to conclude a peace accord between the Lannisters and the Starks. After Tywin's death, he continues to do his best for his house, resulting in a three way grand alliance between the Lannisters, Tyrells, and Stannis against the Others.
- In chapter 9 of Part II Sam and Eddard team up and kill an Other.
- In chapter 48 of Part II, the aforementioned Southern Alliance forged by Tyrion fights a boatload of Others and wights in a truly awesome battle. There is a moment where all seems lost as the Others surround the Lannister lines, but the Vale forces appear right on time to attack the Others from behind and win the battle.
- Part II's ending, when Daenerys manages to find the path east from Essos to Westeros, while riding one of her dragons as she laughs and shouts in joy.
- Part III, Chapter 9: Melisandre cuts Gendry's neck with a blade to awaken one of the stone dragons, but Stannis appears and stabs Melisandre before she can kill Gendry. The stone dragon AWAKENS and eats Melisandre, and everyone else (including Arya and Gendry) manage to escape just in time. Stannis is actually Jaqen H'ghar, fulfilling his promise to Arya to save her and Gendry. And, in the end, Jaqen H'ghar reveals to Arya that he had been hired to go to the Wall and kill Jon, which Jaqen considers good news, because it means that the Great Other is afraid of what Jon could do. And did we mention all of this is happening WHILE THE DRAGONSTONE VOLCANO ERUPTS?!
- Part III, Chapter 21: Littlefinger tries to blackmail Sansa into accepting a betrothal to her cousin Robert, Lysa's son, and then tries to force a kiss out of her. She answers by stabbing him with a dagger. And then, when it looks like Lyn Corbray is going to kill her, Sandor becomes a Big Damn Hero and kills Corbray.
- Part III, Chapter 25: Arya and Gendry cement their status as a battle couple when Arya manages to overpower Melisandre's control over Elianta, crashing her into the Red Keep and injuring her. Then, Gendry pulls a Big Damn Heroes by putting on his father's armour, taking up his shield, lance and warhammer, and killing the dragon with a single blow of his warhammer. The smallfolk start acclaiming him as King Robert returned, calling him 'King Robert the Dragonslayer.
- The Hound continues to slowly redeem himself, first by stopping Roose Bolton from killing Robb and then by carrying an injured Grey Wind back to camp with wights attacking every so often.
- Young Dickon Tarly gets a Dying Moment of Awesome when he uses his father's Valyrian Steel sword to bring down a wight giant. Unfortunately he isn't as lucky as Ned.
- Jon's arrival to the final battle along with Daenerys, where he manages to kill the Night's King and put an end to the Others' attack.
- Tyrion gets to ride a dragon!
His childhood dreams had come true at last, and, for once in his life, Tyrion Lannister was taller than any man in the world.