says it all: Eddard Stark lives! (to fight another day). But, there are more in the series.
- Jaqen H'ghar killing Rorge and Biter.
- Walder Frey gets one when he revealed Tywin's treachery to the Starks. His heir Stevron then reminded the Starks that by defying the Lannisters, the Freys' situation got a whole lot worse. Robb then vows to send the North's bannermen in aid should the Freys require it.
- The battle of Meereen in chapter 33 of Part II. Daenerys rides Drogon into battle and burns down the Great Pyramid in honor of her murdered followers.
- In chapter 37 of Part II, Jon uses Lightbringer against an Other and a pack of wights. The wights disintegrate just being near it, while the Other flees in terror!
- Sandor beating the Mountain.
- In this fic, Tyrion is truly his father's son. Firstly, he managed to conclude a peace accord between the Lannisters and the Starks. After Tywin's death, he continues to do his best for his house, resulting in a three way grand alliance between the Lannisters, Tyrells, and Stannis against the Others.
- In chapter 9 of Part II Sam and Eddard team up and kill an Other.
- In chapter 48 of Part II, the aforementioned Southern Alliance forged by Tyrion fights a boatload of Others and wights in a truly awesome battle. There is a moment where all seems lost as the Others surround the Lannister lines, but the Vale forces appear right on time to attack the Others from behind and win the battle.
- Part II's ending, when Daenerys manages to find the path east from Essos to Westeros, while riding one of her dragons as she laughs and shouts in joy.