- In "The Legend", Rollin pulls the rug out from under the villain of the week and his scheme to resurrect the Nazis through a dummy impersonating Martin Bormann by... impersonating Martin Bormann. The Oh Crap! expression on the Big Bad's face as everyone else heils "Bormann" is priceless.
- In "Death Squad", when Barney and his cellmate are about to be hanged by a corrupt police force for crimes they (certainly Barney) didn't commit, Mr. Collier's refusal of a blindfold drives his formerly nervy colleague to take his punishment like a man and similarly decline. Fortunately this doesn't become a Dying Moment of Awesome for either of them, as the rope has been rigged to break by the IM Force as part of the rescue.
- Several instalments, like "The Killer", "The Council" (parts one and two), "The Mind Of Stefan Miklos", "Operation Rogosh" and "The Heir Apparent" are basically Episodes Of Awesome.
- The CIA heist, showing that an intense scene in a summer blockbuster can be done without explosions and body count, but with an emphasis on silence.
- Ethan's escape from Kittridge, as soon as he figures out the mission was a mole hunt with him suspect number one, he just keeps him talking until he blows up the fishtank as a distraction. Causing him to outrun a wall of water.
- The climax at the end definitely deserves a mention, but it wouldn't be complete without the music. Until this point, the music has been this cacophony of musical instruments. But when Kreiger nearly loses control of the helicopter before you think he slices Ethan's head off, the music does the M:I equivalent of a "CHARGE!!!" and then blows out the M:I Theme crystal clear in a different key in a musical equivalent of "And the fight is on!". It's so awesome it makes this troper smile and get goosebumps. The sequence is so Rule of Cool that even Roger Ebert admits in his review that even though there's no plausible way a chopper could fit inside the Chunnel and have room to maneuver, it looks so damn awesome that you simply let it go.
- Let's not forget the scene immediately preceding the fight atop the train. Ethan ruins Phelps' entire plan just with a pair of glasses.
"Good morning, Mr. Phelps."