- The reading of A Complete History of Everything, just because it's the voice of Stephen Fry.
- When confronted by a small army of Sphinxes, Helena consults the Really Useful Book. It just tells her how rough its pages are and that its chewier than taffy. Let us remind you that these Sphinxes love to eat books...
Helena: Brave thing to say.
- The flight of the Monkeybirds. Damn those guys can move!
- "NO! I DON'T WANT TO BE A WAITER!"
- Helena to the Princess:
- The fact that Mrs. Bagwell is still merrily alive despite living in a house of about 30 man-eating Sphinxes. "Don't let them see you're afraid" indeed.