Awesome: Metroid: Zero Mission
- The destruction of Tourian. Feels awesome, took awesome to do, and can be seen from orbit. Too bad you get shot down soon after escaping.
- Getting revenge by blowing up the Pirates' Mothership. And stealing their fighter to boot.
- Every time you drop a Power Bomb, it feels like you are unleashing a bomb of awesome. By then you're so powerful you don't really need them, but that's why it's so fun.
- Swimming in lava with the Gravity Suit, compounded if you make it back to Norfair, letting you dance in the now harmless red Kool-Aid land.
- Defeating the Chozo Mural and getting your fully upgraded suit back. Complete with the game playing the classic Metroid fanfare for the first time with a choir. Then the Brinstar theme resumes and it's time to slay some Space Pirates!