Awesome: Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
- Anyone remember the soldiers that you recruited throughout the game repaying Big Boss' loyalty throughout the game by sacrificing their own safety Char's Counterattack style by shooting the shit out of the Metal Gear in the Launch Control Base. In fact, they even say, despite Big Boss' protests not to throw away their lives:
- You fought for our Motherland! Now let us help fight for yours!
- Awesome, and a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming.
- Gene gets a CMOA for his sheer badassery by his effortless asskicking of Null at one point, ending with a one sentence command that basically amounted to Kneel Before Zod
- Elisa gets a CMOA by using CarFu to kick Cunningham's ass so Snake and crew can avoid getting shot to death.
- Hell, Colonel Skowronski gets a small CMOA by damn near killing Gene and Large Hamming his brief moment of Captain Ahab style glory when he temporarily hijacks Metal Gear RAXA. Bonus points for giving Big Boss, Elisa, and Gene a massive WTF reaction.
- In game, Big Boss gets a CMOA from all the soldiers present for kicking Metal Gear RAXA's ass, more or less reinforcing his badass reputation.
- Hell, the player can easily give Big Boss CMoAs which are never, technically, in continuity. This MGS fan once went into the Town to get recruits, and decided to capture every single soldier as Big Boss. I'm sorry, I should have said Big Boss once captured an entire town full of soldiers, and convinced every single one of them to join his personal army. By himself. Big Boss, you are indeed worthy of your reputation.
- Speaking of Portable Ops; the stats that your soldiers get when you recruit them is more or less up to chance. For example, it's highly likely to recruit a politician who is absolutely crap at fighting, but a total dead-eye (s-ranked) with a sniper rifle. But you can go further. This troper recently recruited a female glasses-wearing scientist with an A-rank in CQC and handguns with a B in shotguns. And sixteen HP. This troper proceeded to deck her out in body armor, a shotgun, an M1911 and a MK 22 and unleash her upon the unsuspecting enemy.
- Cunningham, a FOX operative condemned to a desk by the CIA, has just told Naked Snake that he's been manipulated the whole time, and that through his machinations, Snake will go home a hero when Cunningham launches a Davy Crockett and destroys the entire base, thus killing all the soldiers and friends Snake has made during the game. Considering the ideas of loyalty and responsibility that have been brewing since he killed The Boss, Snake turns down Cunningham's treacherous offer, pulls a gun on him, and tells the man he's going to stop him.
Naked Snake: "I'm doing this out of loyalty to myself - I'm NOT going to live my life the way The Boss did."