open/close all folders
Medal of Honor
- The Dachsmag Port level, where you have to scuttle a giant U-Boat. The Nazis launch the thing early because Jimmy was causing so much havoc that they thought he was an entire Allied battalion!
- The ending of the first game. Reprogramming a V2 rocket and firing it at its own launch facility was pretty tight.
Medal of Honor: Underground
- The ending of the second game tops the first one. One-Woman-Army Manon single-handedly fights her way out of an ambush involving an entire armoured column, then saves Paris by causing two German trains carrying explosives to crash into each other!
- Bonus points: Manon is Parisian herself.
Medal of Honor: Allied Assault
- At the beginning of the second mission, Major Grillo is killed. So what do you do? You infiltrate the German naval base on your own, steal a disguise and sink one of their U-Boats from the inside after destroying the only prototype radar they had, and then you single-handedly escape the base - Now on high alert - and rendezvous with allied forces at the train station.
- Driving the King Tiger in Allied Assault counts more as a Crowning Level of Awesome, especially after the maddeningly hard Sniper's Last Stand level. After stealing a King Tiger tank from a sniper-infested ruined town, you get to drive it all the way to Brest, steamrolling through the German army along the way. They send Panzerschrek teams, Panzer IV and Tiger I tanks and Flak 88mm cannons, and you just destroy them all.
- The final section of "Return to Fort Schmerzen" is called "Final Run". Essentially, you're running through Schmerzen as it's collapsing above you through waves of German soldiers just standing there as the base explodes. While it can be frustrating, the ending has you jump on a train and escape as you watch Schmerzen crumble away to nothing.
Medal of Honor: Frontline
Medal of Honor: Rising Sun
Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault
- Guadalcanal: Flyboys: You get to pilot a plane, shooting down enemy Japanese fighters before your pilot decides to bail out on you. Then, you have to leave the gunner position and crawl atop the plane mid-flight to reach the cockpit. You then proceed to fly a plane with no prior experience through countless enemy fighters as you fly towards your fleet, but then you run into an enemy fleet and Japanese aircraft carrier who spotted you, which you destroy. At the end of the mission, you manage to land the plane on your carrier just inches away from the edge of the ship.
Medal of Honor: European Assault
- The opening cinematic of the first mission of European Assault. A battalion of British commandos aboard a captured German boat trying to sneak into the St. Nazaire harbor at night, the tension the men are feeling so thick it's almost visible. Then suddenly, the Germans open fire and in the midst of the shooting, the commando leader orders the Union Jack hoisted and declares We'll ram it down their throats!!" right before the boat rams the docks at full speed. Now THAT is how you start a game.
Medal of Honor (2010)
Medal of Honor: Warfighter
- Warfighter's penultimate level: Preacher pretty much singlehandedly takes down an entire ship of terrorists using nothing but a pistol and whatever weapons he ripped from the enemy's dead fingers. The purest combination of One-Man Army, Roaring Rampage of Revenge, and Unstoppable Rage you can ask for.
- Meta example: for the reboot EA worked with Tier 1 special forces, the elite of the elite. In discussion of the development of the game it was explained you couldn't just go to these guys and ask if they would like to be a part of it, you had to meet one person and build up a certain level of trust, then they will direct you to someone else and you build up trust with them, ect. Anyway they got these guys involved, and there was a scene where one of the soldiers is killed. EA could see they were uncomfortable with it and after being told something along the lines of, "There are only about five or six guys in the world who have the right to tell that story," the scene was removed.