- When, after Granny Weatherwax wins at poker against Death, He asks Granny what would have happened if she lost:
I have to know. What would have happened if I had not...lost?
'At the cards, you mean?'
Yes. What would you have done?
Granny laid the baby down carefully on the straw, and smiled.
'Well,' she said, 'for a start... I'd have broken your bloody arm.'
- Every one of Granny's actions in that scene qualifies, from blowing out a candle to performing chiropractic.
- Death gets one too in that same scene. Granny challenges Death to a game of cards for the life of a child, and it's implied she cheats and deals herself the winning hand. But Death makes them switch hands before turning them over. Granny has four queens...and Death complains that he's lost, since all he has are "four ones"...
- Granny is made of Awesome but come on, folks, we all know Death deliberately lost that game.
- The implication is that he, Death, lost on purpose because he was afraid of what Granny would do to him if she lost.
- Or possibly that Death, who must follow the rules, at least has enough sympathy to bend them.
- And that Death knew what Granny was trying to do and wanted to show her he knew without stopping her.
- It's impossible that he didn't lose the game on purpose. He had four ones. You know: four ACES.
- And he even winked at her.
- Granny getting Nanny her rightful proceeds from her "cookbook."
- Much of the witches' powers are due to reputation and headgames, as seen when getting by the troll to Mr. Goatberger's office. Nanny simply had to tell the troll, who was from Lancre, who granny was and remind him of her troll name, "She Who Must Be Avoided" and "The troll looked at its club as if seriously considering the possibility of beating itself to death."
- And then ensuring she spends it all, because she doesn't want Nanny having an edge over her. (And probably, though she'd never admit it, because she'd rather Nanny stay just the same and not have wealth come between them like Magrat's becoming queen did, their trio.)
- Nanny saving the chandelier, and dealing with the Ghost by faking a heart attack. "Watch out!"
- Granny's Barehanded Blade Block followed by a "The Reason You Suck" Speech.
- Human!Greebo's impressive chandelier-swing as he chases the Ghost.No running, just one coiled leap up to snag it with his claws.
It was clear he would not make it. And then it was not clear how he did.
- Heck the entire chase sequence pretty much qualifies