Awesome: Marvel Cinematic Universe
Phase One Phase Two
- Iron Man 3
- Thor: The Dark World
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- Guardians of the Galaxy
- Avengers: Age of Ultron
- The third Captain America film (before the Civil War storyline was announced) was set to go head-to-head with Batman v. Superman since both films shared a release date. Comic fans took to the internet to speculate which one would succeed and which would tank. Then the stronger than expected critical and commercial performances of The Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy caused Warner Bros. to blink and and shift Batman v. Superman, a film fans have been waiting decades to see, to an emptier spot on the calendar so that they wouldn't have to enter into direct competition with the MCU juggernaut.
- The Phase Three announcement set the internet on fire.
- Characters fans have been clamoring for cinematic adaptations of are finally going to be seen on the big screen. Kevin Feige made a point of saying that the direction the MCU is going is a direct result of fans speaking out.
- Kevin Feige originally announced that Captain America 3 would be subtitled Serpent Society to audience approval before feigning buyer's remorse and saying that he wanted to change the title right then and there to Captain America: Civil War, meaning that the MCU will have a major crossover event outside of the Avengers films. The audience roared in excitement before taking it Up to Eleven when Robert Downey, Jr. and Chris Evans suddenly walked out to the Avengers theme blaring and performed a brief skit.
- Then Chadwick Boseman was announced as the actor who will play Black Panther and joined Downey and Evans on stage, where Downey and Evans proceeded to play Roshambo to determine which side Black Panther will be on in the upcoming Civil War movie.
- Commenters noted that even though most of the announcements were little more than title cards with a bit of music, they worked because Marvel Studios presented them in front of an audience of fans and made it clear that the new slate was structured as such because it was what the fans wanted. AMC Movie Talk compared it with the DC slate announcement, which used simple white text in front of a black background and was made at a stockholders meeting.
- The franchise as a whole is currently the number one highest grossing franchise.
- Spider-Man is now a part of the MCU. Marvel Studios was able to work out a deal with Sony and share the rights to the character.
- This celebration of Phases 1 and 2 as a whole. The fighting, the running, the highlights, the sheer awesomeness from every movie up to Guardians-it really shows how much has been achieved in the most Badass way possible. Oh, and the Winter Soldier is shown as part of the Avengers, if in future.