- Handing his impostor over to The Joker.
- "Now... fly!"
- Breaking through Soviet Superman's extremism and bravado with the greatest Armor-Piercing Question of them all: "Why don't you just put the whole WORLD in a BOTTLE, Superman?"
- Revealing his absolute control of the Secret Society's powers in Justice League: Unlimited as well as dispatching Grodd and saving the world from Darkseid.
- His epic burn directed at The Joker.◊
- The entirety of The Black Ring storyline. If there was any doubt that he was THE Magnificent Bastard, it has been disproven.
- Allying with Superman to defeat General Zod in Last Son, including personally gunning down one of Zod's men.
"I always wondered how it would feel to kill a Kryptonian. Feels pretty good."
- In perhaps the ultimate example of Moral Event Horizon meeting CMOA, blowing up New Krypton, and subsequently, using the reanimated corpse of a Kryptonian god to devastate Zod's army during War of the Supermen.
- Besting the Crime Syndicate in Forever Evil.
- In 2000, Lex successfully turns his charity efforts in both Metropolis and Gotham into a winning bid to become President with Superman unable to do anything about it. He remains a thorn in the side of both Superman AND Batman (he framed Bruce Wayne for murder) while simultaneously becoming an international hero in the wake of Our Worlds at War. The Bad Guy Wins, indeed. He lasted almost a full term before the lead-up to Infinite Crisis drove him mad and pulled him from office.
Luthor: President? Do you know how much power I'd have to give up to be President?
- The animated Luthor avoids repeating the trick with his own display of awesomeness by mounting a $75 million Presidential campaign simply to distract Superman and the Justice League from his scheme to become a Physical God.
- His cameo in Swamp Thing, in which he charges an enormous sum for five minutes of his time, deduces a method of destroying the godlike Swamp Thing in about four of those minutes, and explains that he left the remaining time so his employers could cut him a check.