Awesome: Kendrick Lamar
- All of 'Compton', the last song on good kid, m.A.A.d city. Kendrick trades bars with Dr. Dre, which represents a passing of the torch from Dre to Kendrick.
- The last verse of m.A.A.d city.
If I told you I killed a nigga at 16, would you believe me?
Or see me to be innocent Kendrick you seen in the street
With a basketball and some Now & Laters to eat
If I mentioned all of my skeletons, would you jump in the seat?
Would you say my intelligence now is great relief?
And it's safe to say that our next generation maybe can sleep
With dreams of being a lawyer or doctor
Instead of boy with a chopper that hold the cul-de-sac hostage
Kill them all if they gossip, the Children of the Corn
They vandalizing, the option of living a lie, drown their body with toxins
Constantly drinking and drive, hit the powder then watch this flame
That arrive in his eye; this a coward, the concept is aim and
They bang it and slide out that bitch with deposits
And the price on his head, the tithes probably go to the projects
I live inside the belly of the rough
Compton, U.S.A. made Me an Angel on Angel Dust, what
If Pirus and Crips all got along
- The Intro/bridge on m.A.A.d city counts too.
They'd probably gun me down by the end of this song
Seem like the whole city go against me
Every time I'm in the street I hear
YAWK YAWK YAWK YAWK!
- For classic gangsta rap fans, the beat changing to a more old school-ish sound with bangin' drums, accompanied by MC Eiht's "Wake your punk-ass up!" is this, big time.
- His performance, in superb Motor Mouth style, on "Rigamortus".
- His freestyle to Monster by Kanye West is a Villain Song at it's finest.
- His scene-stealing, name-taking, bar-raising verse on Big Sean's "Control".
- It's short, but "Look Out for Detox" certainly counts.
- The remix to "Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe", with Jay-Z, who K.Dot arguably one-ups.
- His world-beating verse on Big Sean's "Control" shouts out Sean Connery and 90s West Coast rapper Kurupt. It also disses Lindsay Lohan and Miley Cyrus.
- His performance with Imagine Dragons at the Grammys. Better than it sounds incarnate.
- YMMV but the proof that TAYLOR SWIFT is apparently a huge Kendrick fan as she was going nuts during his performance. Narm Charm for sure but definite proof of the man's crossover appeal.
- "The Blacker the Berry," full stop.