* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ0_ywZIm-0 The intro to season 2]] is one giant CMOA. While this troper is no fan of the band playing the song, the video manages to capture ''everything'' he loves about Fukumoto's works. They even managed to put in a cameo of [[Manga/StrongestLegendKurosawa Kurosawa]]!
* Every time Kaiji wins a game, or has luck on his side... Even if it usually won't [[HopeSpot last long]].
* The final two rounds of E-Card.
** In the first, Kaiji has realized that the device that pushes a drill deeper into his ear with each loss is also sending his vital signs to Tonegawa, allowing Tonegawa to predict his moves. [[spoiler: After a violent fit in the bathroom, Kaiji returns to the game clutching his bandaged ear, the device still mostly transmitting data. Tonegawa, at a point where Kaiji is visibly panicked but it doesn't match up with his vitals, assumes he is bluffing. He is not. Kaiji cut his ear off and the vital signs he was seeing was of the man who was holding it for him, costing Tonegawa the match.]]
** In the second, Tonegawa removes the watch that displayed those vital signs and relies on pure skill. However, as the game continues, he notices some of Kaiji's cards have bloodstains on them. [[spoiler: He quickly deduces that the ones with stains are the ones he played in the previous round, and that therefore the Slave card will have blood on it. Just as he is about to play a Citizen, which would kill the slave, he hesitates. At that point, he remembers a move Kaiji had made to suggest that he had swapped the Slave with one of his Citizens. Doing this to trick Tonegawa into thinking that the Slave was out when it was really a Citizen. Elated, Tonegawa plays the Emperor...only for it to be revealed that it really was a Citizen and that Kaiji had FAKED swapping the cards. When Tonegawa, [[VillainousBreakdown who is on the verge of losing his shit]] angrily demands to know why Kaiji did that, Kaiji replies that [[IKnowYouKnowIKnow Tonegawa, who prides himself on being above people like Kaiji, would never have missed the moves Kaiji had made.]]]]
* Tonegawa gets a villainous one. [[spoiler: After losing to Kaiji in E-card, he is forced to kneel on a heated steel plate for ten seconds. It is established that no one has been able to do this under their own power, and usually has to be forced to do it by an outside force. Tonegawa throws off the men who were about to force him down, and proceeds to kneel on the plate by himself for the whole ten seconds. The guy is a monster, but you have to admire the willpower that took.]]
* The finale to Underground Chinchiro. [[AwesomeByAnalysis By realizing Ohtsuki would be looking at Kaiji's hands, waiting for him to grab the 4-5-6 dice since he would naturally think Kaiji would grab the dice if he knew they were cheats, Kaiji discerns that the first two dice rolls were made using legitimate dice since Ohtsuki was looking at Kaiji's eyes.]] Even after Kaiji grabs the dice and exposes the 4-5-6 dice on the third roll, he gives in to Ohtsuki's desperation to [[ExactWords "play using loaded dice" and "sharing with each other"]]. Ohtsuki accepts, thinking he'll at most lose 1 million Perica. Then Kaiji and gang busts out their ''own'' trio of dice: completely covered in ones, meaning '''Ohtsuki has to pay quintuple'''. One 2.5 million Perica payout later and he tries to limp away to lick his wounds...Until Kaiji reminds him that ''the dealer deals twice in Underground Chinchiro.'' [[HoistByHisOwnPetard A rule Ohtsuki implemented to help him cheat.]] In one night, Kaiji earns 18 million Perica, completely and utterly ruining Ohtsuki. When it's do or die, '''you do '''''not''''' [[PrecisionFStrike FUCK]] with Kaiji.'''
** "Sit the fuck down. You're dealing again." - Kaiji
* Finding an easy way to [[spoiler: ''tilt a damned BUILDING ?!'']] Now that's pure badass genius.