open/close all folders
The Dark Hand
- During Jackie's first encounter with the Enforcers, he shows a supremely masterful method of saving the vases that they knocked off of the shelves of the shop. They knock two, he dives onto his back and catches both of them in his hands. Then they drop a third. He uses his feet to grab a pillow and then launches it directly in the path of the falling vase to cushion it. Then he launches himself to his feet, catches the two vases again, and puts all three of them back. The looks on their faces: priceless.
- Soon afterwards, Jackie first fought the Enforcers in a playground and defeated them with... windshield wipers. This was when the Enforcers realized how awesome Jackie was.
- Jade during her Establishing Character Moment: she somehow gets into Section 13 (a top-secret government facility) undetected, grabbed a motorized scooter and tried to "rescue" Jackie.
- Later she grabs the Rooster Talisman from the shield, and Tohru has NO idea it was missing until he got back to the Dark Hand's HQ!
- When Jackie runs along the top of a train that's going over a cliff and lands on solid ground, even the bad guys are awed.
Ratso: "No way he's human."
- Valmont takes a lot of flak for not getting Shendu any Talismans. Then Shendu goes out in astral form, and Valmont has some impressive snark when he returns.
Valmont: "Shendu! Back so soon? What, no talismans?"
- Valmont's fight with Jackie at Mount Rushmore.
- Jade breaks into Section 13 again and steals all the Talismans, in order to bargain with the Dark Hand and save Jackie from the poison. This quote sums it all up.
Captain Black: (Having seen Jade on the monitors) "She can be a secret agent when she grows up."
- Hak Foo's introduction was impressive. He even manages to defeat Jackie during their first fight (even if Hak Foo's track record gradually worsens later in the series).
- But Uncle later kicks Hak Foo's ass in the climax (with some help from the Dog Talisman, but still).
Jackie: "Jade! Uncle just leaped twenty feet into the air!"Jade: "Go Uncle!"
- Tiger and Pussycat, when they get their act together, beware.
Shendu: "The Chans are in the building."
- After Jackie is safe from falling to his doom, he fully jumps back in headfirst and says "Grab my legs" to the window-washer so he can save Jade from certain death. This move was a risky one and put both of their lives on the line.
- After being betrayed by Shendu and arrested by Section 13, Valmont escapes and goes off to Shendu's castle to steal the treasure he was promised. How does he accomplish this, you may ask? Simple, by tearing out one of his own teeth to reveal that it contains a remote-control for his high-tech cane (really a Japanese-style shikomizue) to hone in on his position, which in turn, leads to it clocking the guard outside the Dark Hand's cell upside the head, and knocking him out as it flies to Valmont's hand. Badass.
Ratso: "What are you doing boss?Valmont: "Raising cane."
- Jackie's first battle against Shendu counts. Even though Jackie is an ordinary human, he demonstrates for the first time that he has enough balls to try and defeat a powerful demon overlord anyways. Which of course, he and allies continue doing every season.
The Mother of All Battles
- Uncle and Tohru's mother are perfectly capable of beating up bad guys together despite their...unique relationship. Especially when Jackie's and Tohru's lives were in danger.
- Hak Foo explained, in no uncertain terms, exactly why he wasn't using the Talismans he had been given:
- Not only does Jade's Bavarian Fire Drill work to great effect (among other things, like getting the portal map), she BEAT UP a S13 agent that had just given JACKIE trouble (though Jackie was trying to train him, admittedly).
- Jackie and Jade rescue Xu Lin from the temple by placing her in a suit of armor and throwing her out, thus bypassing the magic barrier that should've kept her out.
- Jade, with the aid of a couple of Talismans, besting the freaking Sky Demon in an aerial duel.
- Valmont managing to (temporarily) throw off Shendu's possession by touching the Pan'ku Box and knocking him out, despite the great pain this gave both of them.
- When Jade was trapped alone in the Netherworld, she was soon captured by the Demon Sorcerers. This would be a worst-case scenario for anyone, and how does Jade handle it? She reveals that their brother Shendu lied to them, and that only ONE being can exit through Shendu's portal. This sets off a fight that she uses to get to the portal herself and escape, while still having time to blow a mock kiss at the Sky Demon right before she leaps through the portal and it closes, causing him to crash face-first into a rock!
- Shendu finally gets his wish to possess Jackie Chan, allowing him to set off an evil plan that actually works: he then rewrites reality so he and his brethren can reconquer the Earth, and he (temporarily) wins.
- Jade. By mere luck, she and her memory of the real world are preserved when history is changed, ushering in the Demon World. She then has to reacquaint Jackie with his martial arts skill, tell Uncle about the spells needed to reseal the demons and steal Shendu's Talismans, and gather up the J-Team from around the world to make a last stand at the Book of Ages to rewrite history as it should be. And she succeeds!
- When our heroes are about to banish the remaining Demon Sorcerers back to the Netherworld:
- Jade fighting the three Dark Chi Warriors into a standstill solely with the Staff of the Chosen One.
- Jackie, Jade, and Tohru all get one when they overcome the disabilities placed on them by Daolon Wong, saving Uncle and stopping Wong in the process.
Jade: "Not handicapped... handicapable!"
Re-Enter the J-Team
- Tohru wins a sumo wrestling contest against a man bigger than he is... which is saying something. It's also very meaningful because he was the only member of the J-Team to win his match.
- To put this into perspective, the sumo wrestler Tohru went up against was easily twice his size! And he beats him by lifting him up off the ground! The sight was so amazing that there was a triple take of the J-Team, the spectators, and the ref!
- He may have lost the fight, but seeing Uncle prepared for battle with Daolon Wong, and having a blast-off with the other wizard was great. He should really take the time to prepare combat spells more often.
- Shendu tearing through all of Section 13 with only 3 of his Talisman powers, and not breaking a sweat.
- Uncle's quick counterspell to stop Enforcers from attacking them and de-powering them.
- A couple of seconds later, Uncle backs Doalon to the wall with just two fingers!
- Uncle, Tohru, Captain Black, and Section 13 recreate the same spell that Lo Pei first used to defeat Shendu, by turning him into a statue again, and dividing his powers into 12 Talismans once more.
The Amazing T-Troop
- Eggbert, an otherwise normal rooster, using the Rooster Talisman levitation powers, facing off against Tarakudo and his telekinesis power and drawing him into a stalemate. That chicken was utterly badass. Making it even better, Tarakudo only won through a cheap shot, and was visibly struggling, while Eggbert didn't even FLINCH until Tarakudo fought dirty and nailed him!
- This episode finally gave Captain Black another chance to shine. Fighting and outwitting his Super-Powered Evil Side was totally cool. Not to mention the fact that without the Oni Mask, his Dark Side didn't seem very dark at all. Even less than Jackie's, and he's the main hero of the show! In fact, his Dark Side had no complaints about rejoining with his Light Side, unlike Dark Jackie.
- Even though he's often labeled as The Scrappy, you have to give Paco credit for removing his own Oni Mask.
- The last fight scene between Jade and Drago near the Golden Gate Bridge was pretty epic. Future!Jade grew to be pretty badass.
- El Toro Fuerte's stand against two Oni Generals.
El Toro: "This bridge is closed."
- Tarakudo regaining his whole body, allowing him to beat down the J-Team! Even without his telekinesis, he's as dangerous as ever.
Tarakudo: "Over my demon body!"
- Finally, Jade gets one by slamming Tarakudo's own mask into his face, causing not only himself but also all of the other Oni and Shadowkhan to be trapped inside the single mask for good.
Jade: "Tarakudo, heads up!"
It's All In The Game
- After being eliminated, Uncle came back to save Jackie by tying up the captain, driving the boat to Drago's direction and chanting the removal spell as the boat dangerously rocked back and forth. Note that the chi-o-matic has to be "bone-dry" or removal spell won't work, so Uncle had to be extra careful to make sure he didn't fall in the water.
- Even Ms. Hartman, Jade's middle-aged schoolteacher, proves to be a badass. After accidentally absorbing the Sky Demon Chi, Hartman transforms into a scary winged monster, but instead of turning evil like Jade feared, she uses her new powers to protect Jade from Drago. She even throws the "lizard boy" into the ocean at the end.
- Drago was able to get into the Chan Clan's sub, dodge Uncle's chi blast and launch him nearly 100 feet into the air. Yes Uncle was not in his best mood to fight because of his sickness, but it was still a sounding hit.
Uncle: "Do you want piece of Uncle?" (throws chi blast at Drago, misses)Drago: "There'll be several pieces of Uncle when I'm through!"
- While Tohru is possessed by the Mountain demon chi, he's not completely gone as he comes back to fight Drago and the Ice Crew to protect Jade.
- Afterwards, there's a huge fight rocks v fire fight that even has Jade staying behind.
- When Jackie and Uncle knew there was no way they could immediately free themselves after being tied to the wooden post, they teamed up and traded that disadvantage for an advantage against Drago. Even if it was for a few seconds, they still were able to land a mighty smack on Drago that caused him to take some steps back in shock.
- The Final Battle of the series, with the Chan Clan and the J-Team making a last stand against Drago (who has all 8 Demon Chis), the Ice Gang, and their demonic dragon minions from the Netherworld.
- The heroes get some unexpected assistance from the former Enforcers, who help Uncle and Tohru summon Shendu, who agrees to help fight Drago for his own personal reasons. It eventually takes Shendu (with all 12 Talismans) to fight Drago (with all 8 Demon Chis) to a standstill, allowing Uncle and Tohru to banish both demons to the Netherworld.