Awesome: Jack Ryan
- Jack Ryan's foiling of the assassination attempt in the beginning of the book is acknowledged in-universe.
- Later, he scares the piss out of the psychopath who's been gunning for him in the whole book, and Sergeant Major Breckenridge gets a CMOA for making sure Jack doesn't cross the Moral Event Horizon.
The Cardinal of The Kremlin
- Jack pulling off a magnificent plan to screw over the KGB chairman, rescue the titular Cardinal, and prevent a Russian power struggle.
- Colonel Mikhail Filitov is a walking moment of awesome. Started out as a tank commander during the Second World War during which he was four times decorated as a Hero of the Soviet Union, once for taking out a German tank while his was on fire! Was demoted to a desk job yet became a Badass Bureaucrat, including serving as personal aide to the minister of defense. At the same time, he was so pissed off by the excesses of the Stalin government and its successors that he became the CIA's most effective mole for close to thirty years.
Debt of Honor
- Clark and Chavez's rescue of Koga from Corrupt Corporate Executive Yamata's penthouse suite. Bonus points for visiting death on the man who coldbloodedly murdered an American woman earlier.
- Special Agent Patrick O'Day takes down some terrorists trying to kidnap Jack Ryan's daughter, and the Secret Service get theirs by killing the rest of them in platoon-level numbers. When the terrorists attack Giant Steps, Agent Don Russell has less than a second of warning. Armed with a 9mm pistol, he takes down three AK-toting assassins in seconds, and nails a fourth in the knee as he goes down. O'Day, caught inside with a horde of kids, manages to convince the hostiles of his harmlessness and then take them down with no collateral damage. His real CMOA? A "See you around, champ" to the deceased Russellnote .
- Jack himself gets one for his Rousing Speech, in which he calls out the nutcase who tried to use biowar on his country and rats out his evil scheme to the world. He also manages to make the Smug Snake Indian Prime Minster realize she pissed off the wrong guy. And it would be wrong not to mention the conclusion of the book.
- The 15,000 National Guardsmen ripping apart 2 UIR army corps. The National Guardsmen are reservists, while the Army Corps are professionals who've been training pretty hard. They also outnumber the Guardsmen by almost 6 to 1. The UIR doesn't stand a chance.
- John Plumber schooling Tom Donner on what it means to be a journalist by giving a memorized speech on national TV, admitting to the fact that they ambushed President Ryan with loaded questions about his past and apologizing.
- "Mr. Daryae, here is the reply of the United States of America." Cue laser guided bomb taking out one of the worst terrorist masterminds on worldwide television and introducing people to the Ryan Doctrine: you harm Americans, President John Patrick Ryan will make sure you pay.
The Bear and the Dragon
- Badass Grandpa Senior Sergeant Gogol taking out a Chinese General with the same gun he sniped Germans with in WWII.
- The CIA causing the PRC to terminate a war by simply broadcasting the truth via the Web.
- Jack, who does not want a retaliatory nuclear strike (and the resulting blood on his hands) on his conscience, so he voluntarily elects to stay at Ground Zero for the projected nuclear assault, which is successfully averted in a CMOA for the United States Navy.
The Teeth Of The Tiger
- Dominic Caruso deliberately provoking a child rapist, after having found a missing little girl dead in the man's bathtub, into picking up a knife. The guy is less than 21 feet away from Dom, a crack-shot FBI Agent. Big mistake.
- Brian and Dominic taking down a terrorist assault at a mall by themselves.
- Jack Ryan's son taking down a high-level terrorist operative with a death laden in Irony.
Dead Or Alive
- Jack Ryan Sr giving President Kealty a Villainous Breakdown with a brutally honest "The Reason You Suck" Speech. On national television!
- Jack Ryan being reelected to the presidency of the United States. This makes him the second president after Grover Cleveland to serve two non-consecutive terms in office and the second longest serving president after FDR.