- To date, this is the ONLY full length movie adaptation of a Dr Seuss book to be given a positive rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Great work to the creators for making the film work somehow.
- The DVD featurette shows just how the Blue Sky people went out of their way to make the film as authentically Seussian as possible, from impeccable attention to visual detail (production sketches are indistinguishable from Seuss's originals!!) to respecting his dislike of comeuppance. The amount of love and respect that the team had for Dr. Seuss and his entire body of work is staggering.
- The fact the much-loathed Cat In The Hat movie was followed by a much more faithful and family-friendly adaptation of a beloved Dr. Seuss book.
- Horton chases Vlad for the clover. This is the ONLY time we really see Horton angry in chasing down the clover, and it is awesome.
- Horton is given a perfectly plausible way to get out of being roped and caged. All he has to do is say that the Whos aren't real. He gives it a moment thought, and this is his response.
Horton: Go ahead. Rope me. Cage me! Do whatever you want, but THERE ARE people on this speck. And they have a mayor who has 96 daughters and 1 son named JoJo who all share a bathroom, whatever that is. And even though you can't hear or see them at all, a person's a person, no matter how small.
- The Who's Crowd Song. Special mention goes to JoJo for showing off a cool Rube Goldberg Device.
- Rudy catching the clover in time, and then standing up to Kangaroo afterwards.
- JoJo's creative and amazing inventions that produce all types of sounds.
- The entire song sequence ending, but special mention goes to the Who showing off his beautiful voice at the end...
Jojo: I can't fight this feeling any-MOOOOOOOOOORE!!!!