Get used to these moments. There are a lot of them in Homestuck.
> Fondly regard coronation.
It's quite exquisite
open/close all folders
Act 1 and Act 2
- Grampa gets one when he saves John and reveals he's not so dead after all. BLAM.
- Rose v. Lime Ogre. STRIFE!
- And now Dave is getting back in on the action. Appeared out of NOWHERE with a major level in badass and has already hit his fifth gate. For the record, John has only progressed past his first with Sequence Breaking. Of course, it becomes slightly less awesome when you realize this is like four months in his future. And it's a Bad Future.
- Which is, in turn, slightly alleviated by the fact he can now Flash Step so quickly he can appear in three places at once. And he kills a Ruby Giclops in what we can only presume is ONE SWING.
- Don't forget where he goes back in time to help himself andcreate the Davesprite, which is EPICNESS ON A STICK.
- Basically, the right way to understand all of the above is that it isn't a CMOA for Dave that is somehow diminished by the mentioned extenuating circumstances. It's a completely legitimate CMOA and a badass origin story for Davesprite.
- The big 4/13/10 update has definitely lived up to reader expectations: Jack Noir, having had enough of the stupid costumes that were forced on him, uses Jade's gift to John to tear the Black Queen to pieces, then takes her ring for himself. Meanwhile, Dad, Mom and Bro attack three of the largest and most powerful enemies yet encountered, and flatten them effortlessly.
- And that's not even the update originally planned for 4/13.
- Back on the subject of Mom, Dad and Bro, this is a real crowner for all of them, plus Bec; Mom beating down a giant ogre (presumably twenty times bigger than her), Dad punching a monster's lights out, Bro cutting a kraken-like monster to ribbons and Bec implicitly watching over not only Jade but all four kids at once. And it's implied that they're performing all of this awesomeness for the sake of their kids.
- Go Jade!
- [S] WV?: Rise up.
- Seriously, if you need a non-spoilery scene to prove to a potential reader how good Hussie can make his big scenes, this is it. By the time it makes sense they'll have forgotten it, but they won't be able to deny it looks cool as hell.
- WELCOME TO THE PARTY MOTHERFUCKERS
- Andrew himself gets one for the 5/19 update wherein many babies are created. To clarify, he moved the day of the update and still got it up. And it was so amazing that within 20 minutes the host server began CRASHING. In 20 MINUTES. FOR A NON-FLASH UPDATE. This is also despite the fact he has upgraded his server numerous times.
- He one upped it with the Act 5 opener. The servers crashed within FIVE. FUCKING. MINUTES. OF HIM POSTING IT.
- [S] John: Reunite with your loving wife and daughter.
- [S] Descend. This was the original anniversary flash and it SHOWS.
- Some moments which stand out include Bro cutting a meteor in half and Jack slaughtering both armies on Skaia singlehandedly (literally), followed by Bro dueling him to a standstill.
- JACK FUCKING SHATTERS PROSPIT.
- Dream Jade diving after Dream John, slapping him awake while falling to Skaia, and eventually throwing him out of danger and dying by having a moon drop on her. Literally drop.
- Dave ascending to his first gate.
- Rose screws the rules and blows up her gate. Then flies off on her own.
- Note that Bro cuts the red meteor in half...right before Dave's red EGG cracks.
- Everything about this page for Rose, especially in conjunction with the events of [S] Descend that it put in proper context. Even aside from the Badass Boast of "No one can tell me our fate can't be repaired", there is also the sheer badassery of the way she ripped her walkthrough out of the Internet with magic and sealed it in a server in the Furthest Ring. And the casual comment immediately after that. And a sparkling magic signature that I'm pretty sure most normal people can't insert in their Gamefaqs walkthroughs.
- And it ends up in the past, for Kanaya / grimAuxiliatrix to read. See Troll Rose above.
- In this update, PM? demonstrates to us using the freakin' Hegemonic Brute why you should not fuck with the mail.
- And then she calls the Sovereign Slayer to her. By all rights, anyone should be fleeing the battlefield out of pure terror, but she calls him to her. Because the delivery must be made.
- Another public servant makes a sacrifice. A citizen's safety, secured. Keep in mind the Aimless Renegade has never seen John or anyone like him before, does not know who, or how important, he is. And he gives up his own SWEET RIDE to save this stranger.
Act 5 Act 1
- "You take your WALKING CANE, which you use as a weapon kind of like Earth Daredevil who you've never heard of. You will use it to wallop enemies when you enter the Medium." Like this.
- Karkat telling AG exactly why she sucks. This came immediately after a flashback of AG crossing the Moral Event Horizon and left most of the fanbase cheering him on.
- Immediately after he chews her out and logs off, he spontaneously logs back in, due to aG's mind-control powers. However, that very act, as well as her less-than-convincing rebuttal, only proves Karkat's point that she's nowhere near as manipulative as she thinks she is, and has to use her mind powers to get anyone to do what she wants.
- ROBO SLAP!
- We have been shown that Terezi is the best manipulator of the trolls, even without psychic powers, but her best moment was when she manipulated a Physical God into getting revenge on Vriska for her. Begins here.
- The best part is when the calm and collected Doc Scratch flips the fuck out. Like so.
You try to be the white text guy, but fail to be the white text guy. No one can be the white text guy except for the white text guy.
- All the Kids and presumably the trolls spend a while getting integrated with the game. Equius takes five minutes, AND THEN FUCKING JUMPS INTO HIS GATE. WHICH IS STILL HUNDREDS OF FEET IN THE AIR! AND PUNCHES A GIANT ENEMY'S HEAD OFF!!
- He then reaches and enters his second gate on the very next page (hell, just figuring out where it is that fast should be an accomplishment, rather less reaching it). And whereas Davesprite pointed out that John's early crossing of his second gate before Rose had time to build up would've left him a pancake if he didn't have a jetpack, Equius wasn't even fazed by the drop.
- One more testament to his strength: His lusus is supposedly one of the physically strongest types on the planet. Said lusus bruises when Equius pats him on the head and the boy laments that he seems to be made of glass. (Cue Orcus jokes)
- Terezi's faux court case. At the end she offers the 'criminal' the old Two-Face coin toss to determine his innocence. It comes up heads. But Terezi had no intention of following through - she can't see the coin because she's blind.
- Despite being a major Kick the Dog moment on Vriska's part, there's something about Tavros refusing to apologize for being crippled that's actually cool. Given the fact that he's an Extreme Doormat and lacking in self-confidence, it kind of comes off as a small victory for him.
- Kanaya presents a floating reminder that Tavros will need plenty of inclined surfaces for his ascent.
AG: In the meantime, how a8out I serve my client player the way I think is 8est, and you can do the same for yours????????
GA: I Thought I Was
- Vriska then makes it even more awesome. Instead of building ramps, she gets some rocket shoes. Tavros alchemizes a ROCKET CHAIR. His Leitmotif makes a lot more sense now.
- Jack slicing himself...for good reasons, of course.
- Aradia kissing Equius after ripping out the chip that made her love him.
- Eridan's introduction is suitably awesome.
- Well, it specifically says "Eridan: Do something awesome".
- Sollux sacrificing himself to get Feferi into the Medium. Crosses over with Tear Jerker, Crowning Moment of Heartwarming, and, well, everything else.
- Sollux dies. But he then goes to his dreamself. But what's this? He is a special case, having two dreamselves. He then proceeds to blow up Clubs Deuce's exile ship, CENTURIES INTO THE FUTURE. BY GETTING ANGRY. He then shoots from Derse, to his Land, and that's it. Well, for now.
- Nepeta lands a beheading x2 combo on a bicyclops prototyped ogre.
- [S] Make her pay. For basically everyone involved.
- Aradia and Vriska most especially. Everyone gets a nice little moment of badass, but it's mostly about Vriska either a) Mindcontrolling Terezi BY DOUBLE PROXY to stare into the sun or b) Getting
the everloving shit kicked out of her BEATEN TO DEATH
- And as a side note: the art is absolutely GORGEOUS.
- And right after that:
DD: Atta girl.
- "Quit b0ssing me ar0und. I'm n0t 0kay with it...I kn0w what I'm d0ing."
- Hey, remember that incredibly monstorous Black King we saw a few pages ago? Yeah, it turns out THEY BEAT HIM. Combining their powers, Aradia and Sollux turn the Black King's own meteors against him, and Vriska scores a lucky dice roll (16,777,216:1, actually) that finally shatters the Black King's staff. On top of all that, the Bard of Rage somehow did more to that end than anyone can account for. It's also implied that every one of the trolls had the uber end-game weapons and used them, although it's not actually shown.
- Andrew has outright stated that every completed Sburb session creates an entire universe! Including ours!
Act 5 Act 2
- "see you soon!" And all its implications.
- Heck, that entire pesterlog. Not to mention John's snazzy Heir of Breath clothes and All Your Powers Combined computer.
- And as a double-awesome moment, that comic shows John in his God-tier outfit as well, basically spoiling the fact that he goes God-tier (two months before the strip where he actually does), without spoiling it to the reader!
- John finally gets the server copy!
- Rose sure can give one mean pep talk.
TT: To do as much damage to the game as possible.
TT: To rip its stitches and pry answers from the seams.
TT: We will snatch purpose from the jaws of futility.
TT: Are you ready to wreak some havoc, John?
- At the end of a typical conversation between Rose and Eridan, the former agrees to give the latter a quick magic lesson. The next panel speaks for itself.
- Dave intentionally breaks the legendary piece of shit. So he can A) get his hand on it. B) use it with his specibus.
TG: bow down before your new king bitch
- He ends up alchemizing it into a better sword anyway.
- Davesprite has Dave's back.
DAVESPRITE: caw caw motherfuckers
- Jade starts trash-talking Karkat. Yes, Jade, sweet little Jade, lets her feelings be known. Doubles as Crowning Moment of Funny.
- Bro vs Jack : ROUND 2 FIGHT!!!
- Yet another epic Flash. Bec prototyping with himself. Bro and Davesprite dueling Jack. Jade's completely ridiculous entry. Oh and Jack going One-Winged Angel AGAIN and wrecking the Troll's shit.
- Okay, even though it crosses over with Tear Jerker and horror, Jack killing Bro and Davesprite has to be on this list. Bro is the one who chopped a fucking meteor in half and he got his own sword through the gut for taking him on, and Davesprite defended Dave from dozens of giclopses and got explodenated for it. YOU DO NOT FUCK WITH
JACK BEC NOIR.
- John suddenly does the windy thing. And summons a hurricane that engulfs all of LOWAS. Just awesome.
- Even better, when just before it happens, WV, who's spent the entirety of the adventure being rude and insulting to John says "YOU CANNOT DIE IN THE TASTY FIRE. YOU ARE A HERO".
- Good dog. Best friend.
- Tavros finally sticking up for himself. Just look at that face. Compared to how he usually looks, he's pissed.
- And now he's getting a lance to take down Vriska.
- And now he's got a lance in his heart thanks to Vriska.
- John gains all the levels. All of them.
- [S] JOHN. RISE UP
- Iron Lass Suit, Full Stop.
- Jade loses her temper big time and slaps the fail out of her omnipotent half-Bec self for actively being useless.
- [S] Wake. Aradia ascends to the god tier and timestops Bec Noir.
- John: 8e cre8tive.
- John makes a planetary drill out of a tornado, with winds so strong that it can fling flying battleships around with ease. There's a reason they're called the God Tiers
- As frightening as he is, you have to admit the Grand Highblood looks pretty badass. For a murderous racial supremacist alien clown, that is.
- [S] 3x SHOWDOWN COMBO. Say what you like about the respective trolls' actions, that moment is just awesome.
- Kanaya being undead and kicking Gamzee in the groin so hard that he flies out of his shoes HONK!
- You're done with dying.
- Spades Slick returns, clocking the head of that Smug Super Manipulative Bastard Doc Scratch. In the long run, this might do no damage, but seeing him get attacked after acting Wicked Cultured as a Magnificent Bastard looks SO GOOD.
- John finally encounters The Tumor, the devastating explosive that will destroy the whole session if given the chance. What does he do? He calmly captchalogues it into his Wallet Modus.
- This. You may begin weeping now.
- In [S] Seer: Descend, Rose floats down onto the castle where Jack is currently residing, and she's followed by many black thorns. It's breathtaking to watch, especially when accompanied by Black Rose, Green Sun.
- Here, Rose and John prepare to fight Jack to avenge their parents' deaths. John is quickly stabbed through the chest. Rose charges up for a Roaring Rampage of Revenge; as she and Jack clash, the castle they're on is instantly destroyed.
- Neophyte Redglare. [S] Seer: Ascend. Redglare annihilates Mindfang's fleet.
- Mindfang returns the favor at her trial by mind-controlling the low-caste, bloodthirsty audience to LYNCH Redglare.
- The banners starting here. Spades appears to be preparing to burn down Doc Scratch's house with Doc inside.
- He actually managed to surprise him, who as a matter of fact is omniscient. Unless, of course, Jack killing Doc is something that causes Lord English to be summoned, as Doc implied once.
- Not so much the fire as a lack of Scottie Dogs for his guests. He's an excellent host.
- Vriska finally gets her comeuppance after Terezi uses her Seer of Mind foresight to determine what would happen if she went soft on her.
- Ancestral Fucking Awakening.
- A triple whammy: Doc Scratch beats the everloving shit out of Spades Slick with his tome while, in the banner, Jade and Dave battle Jack Noir and seem to be doing amazingly well when you consider that this is the same Noir who took out God Tier John, Grimdark Rose and every living troll in an alternate timeline.
- And now Doc Scratch is telling Slick in Green Sun lightning letters to kill Snowman with his deudly firearms.
- ADAGIO. REDSHIFT. FUCK YES. (Look at the banner.)
- FUCKYEAH DAVESPRITE
- Dave not waiting a second after realizing Rose is in danger, picking up his sword and flying after the moon.
- While it's not actually shown, FedoraFreak accidently managing to reach the God Tiers certainally deserves a place here.
- One wonders if a moment can be considered awesome when it is merely implied. The readme information for Rex Duodecim Angelus tells us the order of events during the trolls' battle with their Black King. The first troll to step up and attack him? Karkat. Make no mistake; for all his flaws, he really is their leader.
- BOOYEAH! (Look at the banner.) Doubles as a Crowning Moment of Funny.
- Start reading from here after the wall-breaking bit. it just gets more awesome.
- It gets even better when you think about it. Hussie just snuck up on the omnipotent Doc Scratch of all people. On his own turf. By any means, that should be completely impossible. (Of course, this may be a hint that we're about to get psyched out again...)
- Everyone faces off Gamzee, but Karkat, fulfilling his ancestor's role, keeps them from fighting. He then attempts to calm Gamzee down by patting him.
- The brief fighting game style battle sequence between Sollux and Eridan at the end of [S] Kanaya: Return to the core.
EOA 5 [S] Cascade
has a folder all to itself. That's how awesome it is.
- Highlights include all four kids going Godtier, Jade shrinking planets into baubles for her to carry, and Bec Noir killing every exile but PM, who prototypes so she can face off with Jack.
- John only appears for quite a short time, but his achievements are still remarkable. The Scratch is just about the most difficult thing to do in a session, kind of akin to an ultra hard, optional, marathon boss battle. And then you have to take into account that thanks to Bec's prototyping, some or most of the enemies are now brokenly strong. He took on every single thing the game could throw at him and won.
- Jade has the ability to juggle planets. It should be clarified, she has shrunk down every major planet in the medium and set them in orbit around herself, effortlessly (and in sync with the music).
- It should go on the record that she got the tiger, shrunk the planets, picked up John, and broke the Fourth Wall all within four minutes of the Green Sun blowing up and the Scratch finishing
- How about when Bec Noir rages so hard he alters the borders of the flash?! This is the moment when the audience knows that this is going to be amazing.
- And right after, he obliterates two Universes, as Bec and Spades Slick.
- We also have to single out Sollux steering the entire asteroid the trolls are on to the Green Sun. While blind. And also apparentely sacrificing himself in the process.
- Dave and Rose's ascensions have to be clarified. More specifically, what they ascended out of: The Green Sun. That's right. They ascended through about a universe of plasma. They were both smoking and distorting like a First Guardian due to all of it, but God Tier immortality doesn't give two shits about little injuries like that.
- Jade broke the fourth wall. You can't get better than that! (...This is a lot more impressive in-comic.)
- Special mention goes to Doc Scratch, for making everyone think he was trying to help destroy the Green Sun...when in fact he was manipulating them into creating it. S u c k e r s. What's amazing is that if you look at his conversations with Rose he's still not lying (except by omission). He even fooled Hussie!
- PM. Sweet (if survivalist) mail lady/newly crowned Monarch just watched her friends get slaughtered by Bec Noir. Instead of being terrified though, she puts on the White Queen's ring ascending to godhood to go after him. That's not the most badass part. That belongs to the fact she gave Noir his first genuine "Oh, Crap" moment. That's right, PM terrified The Sovereign Slayer just by showing up.
- And while her friends were being slaughtered? She didn't try to run: She faced him, powerless but weapon ready.
- And now suddenly a Crowning Moment of Funny in light of the most recent update when it was revealed that Bec Noir wasn't scared of PM... he fell in love with her. And, of course, PM hates his guts. Kismesis/Matesprit Double Reacharound, anybody?
- AR continuing to blow up the stations even as Bec fucking Noir heads toward him. Dying Moment of Awesome, indeed.
- Lord English/Doc Scratch's insanely convoluted but reality-breakingly awesome plan for his summoning. As one poster on /co/ put it: "Lord English recruited the empress to send Dave the miracles video, that video caused gamzee to go insane, and create cal, which was necessary for his summoning and the harlequin which made John make Bec Noir go insane and eventually destroy one of the universes, completing the cycle to create the green sun." HUUUUUUSSSIIIIEEEE!
- The last image of the flash: the torn-up End-of-Act curtains in front of the broken 4th wall, in front of a giant clock contraption, in front of a raging inferno. It's easily the most metal thing to ever appear in the comic.
- In short, let's just say that everything in this sequence was awesome.
- An incidental CMOA for Hussie as he was completed with [S]CASCADE several days before 10/25. Why wait to release it? 10/25 is the combination of both the kids and the troll's arc numbers so he kept it back until then! Totally worth it.
- Not only that, but 10/25/11 is 2 years, 6 months, and 12 days after the start of Homestuck (started on 4/13/09) and 1 year, 4 months, and 13 days after Hivebent, the troll arc (started on 6/12/10). Talk about using arc numbers!
- Given how the arc number 1025 is just the sum of the other two arc numbers, that is to be expected.
- Just look at the length itself: 13 minutes. That's longer than a regular episode of Spongebob!
- Lord English's debut. He doesn't just simply waltz in when he finally arrives - no, he comes into existence by completely obliterating Doc Scratch from the inside out by growing inside him, before showing off his terrifying appearance. He caps it all off by jumping into his Cairo Overcoat. The guy knows how to make an entrance.
Act 6 Act 1
Act 6 Intermission 1
- You see robothussie in this panel, and it is YMMV on what emotions really describe it, but it is still pretty cool!!!!!!!!
- The first page of Act 6 Act 1 Intermision. John speaks. Made possibly more awesome by the fact this implies they had gone through all these adventures without a single sound.
- Hussie said on his Tumblr that the kids have of course been talking to one another; it would be ridiculous for, say, Jade and Dave to be frog hunting in total silence. What the badge actually does is let them talk to each other while the audience watches.
- When PM confronts Bec Noir, Serenity gives him a message in morse code: "You Suck".
- Dave, Rose, Aradia and Sollux meet up with the rest at the Green Sun.
- Kanaya is going Clown Hunting (see the previous page for context).
- [S] END OF ACT 6 INTERMISSION 1 makes foreshadowing through a Skaian eclipse and the resulting cloud prophecies awesome. The music certainly helps.
Act 6 Act 2
Act 6 Intermission 2
Act 6 Act 3
- Vriska takes a cue from Rose.
VRISKA: We can't let (some inexplica8le forces out there) toy with us, then just sweep us under the carpet like that. I'm not going to let our relevance 8e marginalized anymore, Tavros.
TAVROS: wHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO,
- After Dirk tells Jake the truth about The Condesce he doesn't hesitate to say that he wants to help.
GT: I want to join the opposition!
GT: Fuck this witch i have lots of guns and reckless bravado and i want to stop her. Ill pick up where my grandma left off!
- Dirk's brother (Alternate Dave) killing the two Insane Clown Posse presidents on the rooftop of the White House, then flying off in the night. It's a shame they were just mere puppets in the regime.
- Also doubling as a Call Back to Rose's method of slaying her first Ogre, Roxy's Mother impales Guy Fieri's eyes with a pair of sewing needles and rides him down the falls.
- Although this is a bad thing, we have the Draconian Dignitary coolly convincing the Condesce to lend extra firepower, even getting her to somehow smoke because he's that good. The Condesce's help arrived in the form of A FUCKING MECHA.
- [S] DD: Ascend more casually.
- Jake beating up Meenah can be this or a CMOF.
- YMMV, but uu beating UU at chess by disguising his king and queen as each other is pretty cool. He even limits himself to playing both pieces as kings until the reveal.
- He even actually angers her, and UU is usually chipper in her appearances.
- That moment where Calliope looks up to the sky - into that gargantuan ball of red flame which could blow up at any second - is pretty damn awesome.
- Under Dirk's orders, the bunny rescues Jake, then Rocket Torsoes both of them back to Jake's house.
- Dirk saves the day. That's really all there is to say on the matter. Bonus points for having the balls to cut off his own head for his plan and high-fiving Meenah.
- It gets so much better.
- Dirk escaped the Miles. You're not even supposed to be able to DO that. Then again, PM did too...
- The Alpha kids are all together, in probably less than an hour of their game starting. Let's note that the Beta kids have yet to fully meet each other.
- Let's just have a moment to take in the fact that, while every other Cruxtruder had to be pried open by the server player with a large object, Dirk just kicked his and it opened.
- Let's take a moment to fondly regard that fact that while Dirk was going around having his Big Damned Hero moment, he had to be rapping to use all the items in his Fetch Modus.
- Dirk has made out with all three of his friends. "YEAH DOGG!!" is right.
- Props to Jane for apparently having SERIOUS upper body strength to hold on for so long while the three were on the board.
- Much of what Caliborn did in his Reveal has made him appreciable as a badass, even though one should not forget that most of what one should feel while watching ANY sequence of [S] Caliborn: Enter is sheer terror.
- Caliborn may be a douchebag of the highest echeladder, but it takes some serious balls to bite your own leg off and then sit calmly while everything around you gets sucked into a black hole, and then you and the meteor you were on. And he smiles.
Act 6 Intermission 3
- The MAIN ONE for Andrew Hussie, his Music, and Art teams is coding OpenBound using HTML 5 for the first time over Flash, and succeeding with incredible results.
- Remember when Aradia said she would slow Jack Noir down a while as the Kids and Trolls escaped on their meteor? Seeing Aradia one year later in story count as confirmation of this Offscreen Moment of Awesome. For a second time, she has been able to time stop Bec Noir and escaping his grip.
- Meenah's reaction to witnessing Lord "Caliborn" English destroy that dream bubble full of ghosts? Putting the Band Back Together and raise a ghost army, so they can kill him with overwhelming numbers! Damn...
- If Meenah opens the chest containing Kanaya's sewing machine, Kanaya looks at Meenah funny. Realizing she means Serious Business, Meenah places the machine back into the chest to steal later. Essentially, Kanaya stared down Meenah, and won.
- Latula's introduction. If not mistaken, she was skating along the steeples to the left of Meenah before she arrived. Alternatively, she skateboard jumped a great distance before landing perfectly in front of Meenah. Either way, Latula introduced herself awesomely.
- Don't forget HOW you get to be Latula: Meenah borrows her skateboard, and grinds a staircase rail to earn her respect. Radical.
- In part 2 of the walkaround, Karkat tries to talk Terezi out of the depressive funk she sank into after meeting her ancestor. Said conversation is probably the most eloquent and mature Karkat's ever had - and gets really cathartic when he rips into his Holier Than Thou scumbag of a predecessor.
- John meets Jack in a dream bubble.
- Oh, and boy does he.
- And he's learned a new trick.
- And another point goes to John for being the first character on screen to land a definitive hit on Jack (in the alpha timeline). What's more, that one hit shears off nearly a tenth of his lifebar. 8onk indeed.
- In a dual Crowning Moment of Awesome and Crowning Moment of Heartwarming, if you try to talk to Karkat while playing as Damara in part 3 of the Meenahbound flash, Terezi says this:
Terezi: H3Y D4MZ!
- The same situation also occured earlier in the game with Latula if you tried to talk to Mituna as Damara, making the scene even more Heartwarming/Awesome, considering Terezi's feelings toward her Dancestor.
Act 6 Act 4 and Act 6 Intermission 4
- The brevity of Act 6 Act 4, weighing in at a whopping ONE flash on ONE page, actually lends to its awesomeness. We see that within the course of just over five months in the session, every player's seemingly become more successful, competent, and LOADED than any player before him/her, even without God Tiering and all the power it brings. Jake has alchemized golden guns, Jane has alchemized a giant fork from the White King's scepter, Roxy has alchemized a freaking PORTAL SNIPER RIFLE, and Dirk and Jake fight giant skeletons in the toxic urban wasteland of LOTAK with cool gas masks while jumping from buildings in crazy long falls. The music, the "Belly Mix" of "Even in Death", sets the tone perfectly. And the lands. THE LANDS. All of them look beautifully ominous and massive in scale. It all could have been hundreds of pages of pointless shipping drama and Sburb mythology, but Hussie instead boldly reached for unprecedented efficiency to deliver the silent spectacle that is this Flash/Act.
- Gamzee meets Caliborn. How does he respond? By pumping his guts full of lead. Multiple times. Then beating the crap out of him with a magic crowbar. Which Gamzee gave to him.
- Andrew Hussie has the nads to actively Troll the guy who will eventually kill him, while delivering short but effective "The Reason You Suck" Speeches.
- Caliborn literally beats the crap out of the website, causing a whole page to fall apart and shake violently. This even causes some of the page elements to fall into the story
- Sort of an implied Moment of Awesome for Dirk. We find out that Caliborn must face the rarest and deadliest denizen in the game, reserved for only the most skilled and dangerous warriors. Yaldabaoth. There's no doubt that Caliborn is a dangerous player but he's also partly facing Yaldabaoth as a punishment for setting up a one-player session. Dirk is dangerous enough through his own merit for the game to put him up against the most powerful denizen.
Act 6 Act 5 Act 1
- Even with the overall tone of the part where Jane loses her shit, it's not hard for her to evoke cheers for her use of generous (WO)MANGRIT to flip a huge table and abscond with a 6X COMBO of pretty much every major acrobatic trick in the MSPA book.
- In order: Lass Scamper, Youth Roll, another Lass Scamper, Acrobatic Fucking Pirouette, another Youth Roll, Nice Abscond.
- Guess who's back!
- Calliope tells Roxy that getting ahead involves reaching God Tier, and what exactly that entails. Guess what's Roxy's reaction? Without hesitation, she agrees to this, saying that she trusts Calliope on what she's saying and is willing to face her death.
- Remember when the queens' rings didn't work on humans? Roxy doesn't, but she wouldn't miss those times, as wearing the Black Queen's ring helps her get in touch with her Void powers so well that she can become both invisible and intangible.
- This is probably the most epic prototyping sequence in the whole comic.
- Although Jane's Engagement of Trickster Mode produces a rather unsettling feeling, she manages to bring candy-based life to half of LOCAH and turn all undead minions in the path of her Sonic Rain-PCHOOOOOOOO into Zillium grist.
Act 6 Act 5 Act 2
- Jane, Jake, and Roxy arrive on Dirk's planet with intentions of turning him to their overly-cheerful, sugar-coated ways, and he stands his ground not having any of this shit.
- Dirk caves in and engages trickster mode anyway... only to remain completely unfazed.
- YMMV but for some, it was Dirk breaking it off with Jake. After much uncertainty and a lot of Jake being...Jake, it was pretty satisfying to see Dirk telling Jake it was over.
- The creation of the Warhammer of Zillyhoo. Along with its six brothers and sisters. And Dirk already has one of them, and even though it's the most unremarkable member of the Trickster weapon family for its absence of bright color and a "Zilly" name, it's called the Unbreakable Katana for a reason.
- Not to mention it knocks all three smiles off of the other trickster mode kids. Not bad, Dirk.
- A minor one, but after seen the Trickster!teens screwing with the Alchemizer AND being treated to an endless zoom-in on a santa nose, what does Hussie do?
- Bonus points for Hussie and Caliborn's ensuing argument.
Act 6 Act 5 Act 1 X 2 Combo
- Gamzee and Caliborn initiate the Narrative X2 Combo. Made more awesome by Caliborn's aversion to teamwork, which he had to get over in order for him and Gamzee to do this.
- With MASSIVE crossover into terrifying territory, the creation of "Jack English" is definitely one, especially in the oldest sense of the word "awesome."
- Jack and the Condesce then kill all of the Alpha players in even more awesome fashion. Dirk's rousing speech in praise of Roxy and in defense of the Nobles' destined mission, together with the fact that the Condesce looks absolutely fabulous while making her contribution, both support this view of the otherwise dire event.
- Of course, the event does not remain dire for long at all, as all four subsequently ascend to God Tier in a colorful inferno. The event releases so much power in the LOCAH lantern tower that it explodes and makes the planet quake.
- Jade's back, and the first thing we see her do is show up just in time to save Jane and Jake by warping Jack English past the Furthest Ring.
- And then the Awesome Nightmare Fuel begins again when the Condesce takes control of Jade, turns her Grimbark, uses Jade to force the tiaratop onto Jane's head, puts Jane in a Borg-like Crockerdark state, commands Jade to punch out Dirk and banish him to the Furthest Ring, uses her new servants to hold the remaining heroic "suckas" hostage,... and ends the act with a lipstick mark and a picture of her with the various accoutrements of the "thug life."
Act 6 Intermission 5
- Guess who's 8ack!!!!!!!!
- The fact that Meenah and Vriska have managed to combine forces, and Meenah's army has gone from the grand total of one person (Karkat) to an entire fleet.
- Aranea is wearing Marquise Spinneret Mindfang's outfit.
- The appearance and mating habits of the average adult cherub are so metal.
- To elaborate: In their normal form, they have massive wings shaped like the Hope aspect symbol, can destroy planets, and seek out black holes in order to mate. For their mating form, THEY BECOME SNAKES THAT ARE EACH AN ASTRONOMICAL UNIT IN LENGTH, AND THEY CONCLUDE THEIR EPIC MATING BATTLES WITH A MASSIVE HATE-FILLED SEXUAL TANGLE SHAPED LIKE AURYN.
- Yaldabaoth. An enormous snake with THE SUN FOR A HEAD which calls itself the "God of all monsters".
- Caliborn's session is literally a massive game of billiards (unsurprisingly) that begins with the supernova-like "8r8k" of Skaia, creating a black hole and a fifteen-planet session that's reduced to 12 planets when three are trapped in the event horizon. On each planet, Caliborn conquers it and SENDS IT TO THE BLACK HOLE WITH A BOMB. He then has to fight Yaldabaoth on his true planet, which flashes with so many epilepsy-inducing colours and so much mayhem that its name can't be known at the moment (or can it?).
- A minor one for Tavros; he finally stands up to Vriska.
TAVROS: i THINK, tHE BOTTOM LINE OF THAT, iS,
TAVROS: i DON'T WANT TO BE YOUR POOPMASTER ANYMORE,
TAVROS: sO I'M NOT GOING TO BE,
- And then he flies away while using her own old taunts against her and flipping her off with both hands. Or as one fan put it, "He is flying on the wings of the birds he is flipping at Vriska!"
- There's something else to this. It's been noted that despite some of the ghosts having existed for millions of years, none of them have changed or grown at all. Of all the ghosts Tavros is the only one who has been shown as capable of evolving beyond what he was when he died.
- Not forgetting that after spending his whole life (and death) fascinated by the idea of flying, he's finally done it. No wings, no magic, no robot parts - he just decided he was going to fly away and did it. If that's not awesome I'm not sure what is.
- Vriska then gets her sweet, sweet character development, too, in the form of a Tearjerking Wreck-It Ralph-style final self-affirmation:
VRISKA: I only ever wanted to do the right thing no matter how it made people judge me, and I don't need a magic ring to do that.
VRISKA: You don't have to 8e alive to make yourself relevant.
VRISKA: And you don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
VRISKA: You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.
VRISKA: So I'm going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how.
VRISKA: 8y 8eing me.
- Apparently, in the short time she spent with her, Rose taught Casey some magic. Said magic apparently involves RAISING THE DEAD! Yes, ridiculously cute little Casey managed to raise the dead.
- One has to admit, there's something hilariously awesome about Vriska going absolutely berserk on the Trolling Creator for trying to subvert The Reveal.
- So, what exactly does the treasure that Caliborn has been concealing for sweeps allow the protagonists to do? Access any moment in the various continuities of Homestuck, complete with dozens of awesome Call Backs - perfectly setting up the beginning of the end while pushing the work beyond the limit of what can be done. To put this another way, the secret weapon capable of destroying the monstrosity of Lord English is effectively the goddamn TARDIS. Brace yourselves, Act6 Act6 is coming...
- Spades Slick has brought back the felt mob, under his control, with Ms. Paint filling in for Snowman. This is gonna be one hell of a climax.
- Biscuits gets a small one for showing that his juju is actually useful for something by carrying everyone in the revised Felt Mob, and Arthour, while Spades carries said juju with him into the emergency exit.
- John's new apparent power lets him teleport to any place or time within the vast Homestuck multiverse. This is something that even Jade can't do (as she can't hop from one universe to another). Now if only he could get it under control.
- YOU CAME TO THE WRONG NEIGHBORHOOD, MOTHERFUCKER
- PM's STILL chasing Bec Noir. It has been three years and she has done nothing else. She has been battling him and barely broken a sweat while he's beginning to succumb to exhaustion. It is official; NOTHING will stop her from getting her revenge.
- Take a good look at who put himself in between Grimbark!Jade and everyone else. That's right. WV (who was behind Kanaya and Rose in the back a few panels before) stood there, knowing full well that Jade could kill him (of course she didn't, but it's the thought that counts).
- The fourth anniversary Flash brings us the most epic attempt to pass time ever. Oh, and most of the crew finally gets to meet face-to-face at last.
Act 6 Act 6
Act 6 Act 6 Intermission 3
- [S] GAME OVER: In a rapid sequence, the following happens: Gamzee throws Karkat in the lava, Kanaya slices Gamzee in half, Aranea runs the sword through Jake and Jane, Noir and PM kill Dave, Condy laserbeams the area, killing Kanaya, and then she and Aranea use their power to battle each other, wrecking multiple planets including LOFAF, Terezi and Rose make it out, Terezi stays alive far longer than she has any right to be, Rose's attack on Condy is failed by a trident throw and is set to be obliterated by Condy's power before Roxy uses her invisibility to presumably save her, Aranea is in the literal clutches of Condy, and John gives Caliborn a well deserved beatdown before he zaps away. As of this moment, the fate of the story has never looked bleaker.
- Special mention seriously goes to Terezi. Despite watching two of her best friends die right in front of her, despite having the living fuck beaten out of her to the point it's a wonder she's still alive, what does Terezi do when Aranea telekinetically stabs her in the chest? She PULLS THE BLADE OUT and keeps going! Made of Iron redefined.
- Before getting stabbed, Karkat charges toward Gamzee, outrunning Kanaya in the process. This bearing in mind this line from earlier:
- The scene where John beats the shit out of Caliborn. John is enraged at this point, and is so unbearably frustrated that he gains the upper hand on Caliborn, sits on top of him and beats his face in with his own two hands. Caliborn is only spared by John teleporting away, and his reaction to said beating only makes it more awesome.
- Bear in mind that, up until this point, Caliborn was considered to be one of the most powerful players in the history of the game - and John was still able to kick his hairless ass, unarmed. It's like The Worf Effect in reverse, and it is very satisfying to see.
- In the second 10/25 update, the Condesce takes on Aranea—by forcing the Life Ring off of her, snapping her neck, and throwing her into the fire. A moment later, her death is deemed 'JUST.' A good end (at least for the moment) of this Manipulative Bitch.
- Hussie's words regarding [S]: Game Over.
About the Flash. Or really, A663 as a whole. Truly we are back in the saddle, with bad anime and mass murder - the quintessential Homestuck Experience. A year ago I knew I was going to have to pause for a long time. I made sure to cut it off just before this act, not after.]] Leaving you hanging on that note
for a year... damn. Not even I am that cruel. Now you will only have to wait a week to see what happens next. I will say this much. It sure is a bunch of stuff that happens. The regular update engine lurches back to life on 11/1.
But as of typing this, by my watch, 10/25 isn't over yet, and technically neither is the update day. Hmm.
Act 6 Act 6 Intermission 4
- John's flight through the absolutely gorgeous post-Game Over Scenery Gorn.
- John and Roxy have just watched Rose die. They are feeling extremely depressed about continuing to exist in a doomed timeline. Suddenly Terezi comes flying in on her jetpack, still bleeding heavily, walks out of the crater she crashed in, headbutts John in the face, and says:
Terezi: F1X TH1S
- Jade, in the midst of a conversation with Calliope, lets it slip that she has met a Calliope from a doomed timeline who managed to predominate over her brother and reach god tier. This could very well be the instance of Calliope capable of defeating Lord English.
- And this is what she looks like.
- John defeating Typheus's challenge. Instead of either drowning in oil or zapping away, he zapped away the oil (an act the comic itself literally refers to as him "taking a third option") across different points in the comic!
- He then proceeded to play The Breeze on his world's organ, not only cleaning the planet itself, but blowing the stardust from Caliborn's Homestuck cartridge!
- When he finally gets a better grasp on his powers, he makes perhaps his greatest retcon yet: He's able to teleport to the moment Terezi tried and failed to use her Seer powers to think up a plan (the panel even receives a second path to go down).
- On the 12/15/14 update, Terezi finally succumbs to her wounds and keels over dead, but not before delivering words of advice to John and giving him a list of things that can change the bleak future. After surviving perhaps the most severe physical and emotional trauma of any character in the story, Terezi chooses to die on her own terms, satisfied and victorious - a fine sendoff indeed.
- What's John's first step on his quest to salvage the timeline? Nab the Ring Of Life, which has the immediate effect of sparing the lives of Rose, Dave, Jade, Karkat, Terezi, Kanaya, Jake, Jane, and (possibly) the Mayor.
- When nearing the end of his retcon-spree, John inadvertently alerts Terezi to Gamzee's presence, letting her know that she's being stalked. She then manages to wipe the floor with her stalker and take him prisoner. Offscreen, even!
- Plus there's the understated fact that John (unintentionally) prevented Terezi from scratching Disc 2.
- For the final retcon, John zaps to the moment Terezi killed Vriska and prevents it, instead knocking out Vriska with a single punch.
- John has learned his teleportation very well; he's now able to teleport with Roxy, a tree, and all of LOWAS all at once.
- As a result of all of John's retcons, Vriska was able to survive the years long meteor trip. When confronted by Grimbark Jade and Crocker Tier Jane, she was able to neutralize them by using her powers to make them go to sleep.
- This becomes all the more awesome when you remember what happened in A 6 A 6 I 2. Aranea, who supposedly was better at using her mind powers than Vriska, killed Jade via forcing various Damara clones into throwing an entire building at her. Vriska, in this timeline, simply puts Jade to sleep. Vriska handled the situation better than her dancestor did.
Act 6 Act 6 Act 5
- Preemptive moment of awesome for Caliborn's 'masterpiece.' Whatever is going to happen here, Hussie has promised that it will have significant effects on the plot.
The Grand Finale
- The Grand Finale isn't actually out yet, but it's sure to be so unbearably awesome that it deserves its own folder.
Meta and Fan Content
Let's just say that:
- Any time you see "[S]" next to an entry, it's a pretty safe bet to say you're in for something great.
- Any time you see a de-chibified picture of one of the kids, you know you're in for something great. It's called "Hero Mode" for a reason.
- Any time you see "Ascend" or "Enter" in the title, you know you're in for something great. Not necessarily happy, but great.
- Any combination of the above, you know you're in for something awesome.
- Pick an EOA, any EOA.
- It also stands to reason that whenever Andrew takes a break from updating 7 pages a day without posting why, you can bet that something amazing is going to happen in about a week.
- Although he very rarely does take days off, usually after an animation where he's been pulling allnighters to get it done.
- The existence of Homestuck in the first place. A comic that stretches the boundaries of what it means to be a webcomic, with a 20+ album soundtrack, dovetailing into an inevitable epilogue game that raised upwards of 2 million dollars on Kickstarter.
> Go back