- Crown Prince Janaki has an incredibly badass moment toward the end of Hell Hath No Fury when he directs the defense of Fort Salby's undermanned garrison by his precognitive Glimpses to repeatedly pound the Arcanan advance forces - first obliterating over a dozen dragons and then pushing back a massive cavalry/infantry assault. In order to do so, however, Janaki has to stand in the "nexus", a point where his Glimpses become most clear and effective. What no one else knows, however, is that the "nexus" is the point where Janaki knows he will be killed. Thus he stood there, rooted to that one spot, fully aware that in doing so, he would be killed by a gryphon and knew the exact moment it would hit him. "Chunika s'hari, Halian. Sho warak."
- At the end of Hell Hath No Fury, the speech to the Conclave has three in rapid succession:
"The son you designate? Haven't you overstepped your authority by presuming to name which of your lecherous, ill-bred mongrels will have the right to rape my daughter? Do not presume to dictate terms to me!"
- First, Emperor Zindel chan Calirath's speech to the Conclave, where he orders the complete mobilization of Sharona's industries and military, and when everyone starts protesting, he literally shouts them into silence and delivers a Rousing Speech calling for the total destruction of Arcana that ends with the entire Conclave delivering a standing ovation.
- Afterward, Chava Busar attempts to weasel into the throne by demanding that Calirath's daughter marry the son he designates. Zindel's response:
- But the kicker is immediately after ward, when Andrin stands up, shouts them both down and faces Chava directly, telling him in no uncertain terms that while she will accept marriage to one of Chava's sons in order to ensure Sharona is united, she will chose who she marries. Thus passes Andrin Calirath, anxious young Ternathian princess, and thus is born Andrin Calirath, future Queen of Sharona.