- Going twelve wins in the Arena. Means you managed to take a bunch of random cards and still managed to attain at least a 6:1 win/loss ratio - all the while fighting against others who had made close to the same progress as you.
- Legendaries in a nutshell.
- When turning a card containing a legendary while opening a pack, the inkeeper can barely contain his amazement.
- Playing said legendary is often accompanied by a tune and a Battle Cry befitting of their legendary status.
C'Thun: My dreaming ends. Your nightmare begins.
- "GARROSH! You are not fit to rule the Horde!" Look out, people, Cairne Bloodhoof is back and up for a rematch.
- "LEEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYY JENKIIIIIIIINSSS!!!", as voiced by the Trope Namer himself. Also worth noting that Leeroy is usually treated as a joke or a pointless meme machine. But in this game? With proper preparation, Leeroy might as well get the enemy killed instead getting himself killed. Yes, Leeroy is a legit badass now.
- C'Thun just has the standard entry animation, but it's accompanied by Ahn'Qiraj music and his menacing whisper.
- On top of this, some legendary cards also enter the field with an unique visual effect.
King Krush: *Stomp* *STOMP* *ROAR!*
- King Krush causes the whole board to shake as a giant Dinosaur is walking onto the field
Al'Akir: "WINDS! OBEY MY COMMAND!"
- Al'Akir rides the tempest winds onto the field
Jaraxxus: "You face JARAXXUS! EREDAR LORD of the BURNING LEGION!!"
- Jaraxxus, Eredar Lord of the Burning Legion floats off the board, spins around a few times to gain hero-border, and then squashes the puny warlocknote
Ysera: "I dream and the world trembles!"
- Ysera doesn't enter the board with any visual effects, but every time you end your turn she opens a portal to the Emerald Dream and pulls a powerful card out from it.
Tirion Fordring: "Put your faith in The Light!" Desideratus Bellum!
- Tirion Fordring doesn't enter with a unique effect either, but his battlecry, plus the epic music and the fact that his death gives Uther the Ashbringer makes him alone a pretty good reason to play a Paladin deck. - Giving Uther the Ashbringer is accompanied by a unique visual effect, too.
Archmage Antonidas: "You require my assistance?" Desideratus Fatum!
- Archmage Antonidas also borrows a snippet of Call to Arms as BGM, and will happily win you the game by giving you an unlimited supply of Fireball spells.
Ragnaros the Firelord: "BY FIRE BE PURGED!"
- This got even more awesome when you used his ability to defeat a player who play Kel'Thuzad as he allow you to utterly strike down to their health while ignoring Kel'Thuzad ability. Congratulation, you just helped him achieved revenge against someone who killed him in the main game.
- With the patch, more have been added, like Ragnaros making a Call Back to his Molten core days of emerging from a pool of lava.
Prophet Velen: "Not all who wander are lost."
- Prophet Velen emerges onto the board glowing with The Light's holy radiance
Deathwing: "I! AM POWER! INCARNAAAAAATE!!"
- Can't forget Deathwing. He covers the entire board in flames - and when the smoke clears, he's the only thing left standing.note There's a reason they call him Deathwing the Destroyer
Kel'Thuzad: Minions, servants, soldiers of the cold dark, obey the call of Kel'Thuzad.
- Kel'Thuzad emerges from cold mist prepared to resurrect your minions and gives a chilling speech along the way.
Bolvar: "Come Forth, COWARD!"
- Bolvar enters to Wrathgate music as a golden lion roars at his opponent, screaming at the top of his lungs:
Vol'jin: Da spirits be restless.
- Vol'jin appears in a stream of shadows and has a pretty neat tribal drums soundtrack to boot.
Vol'jin: Who be da Warchief now? (laughs)
- It's even better if you play him against Garrosh and get his alternate quote.
Ragnaros the Firelord: "TOO SOON! YOU HAVE AWAKENED ME TOO SOON, EXECUTUS!"
- When Majordomo Executus dies, Ragnaros replaces the player's hero with himself, erupting from molten lava while some gold old Molten Core music starts playing in the back.
Nefarian: "Mage! You should be more careful when playing with magic."Nefarian: "Paladin, does the Light forsake you?"Nefarian: "Priest! The Light serves me now!"Nefarian: "The Hunter becomes the hunted!"Nefarian: "Rogue, stop hiding and face me!"Nefarian: "Warrior, your strength becomes your weakness!"Nefarian: "Warlock! You play with magic beyond your understanding!"Nefarian: "Shaman! The elements obey me now!"Nefarian: "Druid! The wild is mine to control!"Nefarian: "Your magic is mine!" note
- Nefarian literally soars into the battle and gives out one of his signature class calls depending on your opponent's class.
Mal'Ganis: I am Mal'Ganis! I AM ETERNAL!
- Mal'Ganis enters roaring at the top of his voice while making his hero invulnerable. Even better when he's summoned randomly from Bane of Doom.
Varian: Behold the armies of Stormwind!
- Though it's less exciting after this...
- Varian Wrynn gets a custom animation, Stormwind music, and a Badass Boast against everyone but his son (see Heartwarming for that quote)
Wilfred: You are bound to me, demon!... I think.Jaraxxus: TRIFLING GNOME! YOUR ARROGANCE WILL BE YOUR UNDOING!
- Wilfred Fizzlebang emerges from a dark portal and re-enacts his original banter with Lord Jaraxxus should the enemy hero be playing as him.
Aviana: My winged children fill the skies.
- Aviana's actual card soars directly onto the battlefield.
Paletress: Take this time to consider your past deeds.
- Confessor Paletress summons a legendary minion covered in a black shroud whenever her effect is triggered.
Saraad: Let's negotiate. You concede, and I'll let you live.
- Nexus-Champion Saraad gets a wicked looking portal animation whenever his Inspire is activated. Also, despite being a wholly new character, he has some sweet voice acting and awesome quotes.
Reno: We're gonna be rich!
- Reno Jackson coats his hero in a blinding light while healing them to full health.
Rend: We are the TRUE HORDE!
- Rend Blackhand drops onto the battlefield while instantly killing an enemy legendary if you have a Dragon in hand.
Grommash: I can wait no longer!
- Grommash Hellscream doesn't get any flashy effects or music, but his summon quote makes it clear that he means business.
Cenarius: Who dares defile this ancient land?
- Similarly, Cenarius only has one of his iconic lines, but it's more than enough.
- What's even more awesome? The Big Game Hunter, the one card specificaly designed to turn most legendaries (or any being with more than 7 attack points) into his bitch the moment he enters the game! Hell, even his color text says that he got tired of hunting Devilsaurs and now wants to kill Onyxia with nothing but a rusty hunting knife! Just imagine — your opponent has just played one of the biggest creatures the game has to offer, likely using up their entire pool of mana in the process, then along comes a dwarf with his shotgun. Suddenly, it doesn't matter what minion it is - if it is above 7 attack, it's dead in a single shot, no questions asked. And you still have mana left over!
- Beating Heroic Curse of Naxxramas - each Heroic boss is, for all intents and purposes, the card-game equivalent of an SNK Boss with overpowered abilities and cards:
- Anub'Rekhan summons a 4/4 nerubian each turn right from the get-go - and if you try to swarm him he has a Locust Swarm that deals damage to your entire board AND heals him.
- Grand Widow Faerlina rains fire upon you for one mana each turn - one point worth of random damage for each card in your hand, and it's for half the mana of a regular hero power. She also has a 2/4 minion which grants her a three-damage attack, and the effect of these STACKS.
- Maexxna pretty much makes playing non charge/non battlecry minions worthless by webbing two creatures back to your hand each turn - oh and it's free. She also starts with two Haunted Creepers already on the board
- Noth the Plaguebringer gets a 5/5 skeleton whenever one of your minions die - also has the card Plague, which destroys all non-skeletons
- Heigan the Unclean gets a Free Hero power that deals 3 damage to your left most minion, meaning he gets a few turns to build up his side of the board unless you use spells, and he starts with a voidcaller already on the board
- Loatheb Has 99 HP and a free hero power which deals 3 damage to your hero, he also starts with a Fen Creeper a 3/6 with taunt and a spore on the board
- Instructor Razuvious has a one mana hero power that deals 4 damage and his Massive Runeblade deals 10 damage to minions and 20 damage to your hero
- Gothik the Harvester has a hero power that draws him a card and gives him one mana crystal and when Certain minions of his die You get a 0 attack ghost that deals one damage to you a turn
- The Four Horsemen Have 3 2/7 minions that make Rivendare immune already on the field, Unless you draw the right cards early you won't be able to do much before they win
- Patchwerk only has a 4/8 hook with Windfury and his 4 mana hero power which destroys a minion and that is all he needs
- Grobbulus gets a free hero power which deals 2 damage to everything on your side of the board, He also has his Mutating injection which gives +4/+4 and taunt which he loves to give to his echoing oozes
- Gluth constantly reduces your minions Health to 1 with his hero power and his Jaws can get very powerful very quickly with all his deathrattle minions
- Thaddius will have both Fuegen and Stalagg come onto the field on his first turn
- Sapphiron kills all your minions for free at the start of his turn because the Frozen Champion does not appear
- Kel'Thuzad starts with 20 armor and 45 health and his hero powers deals 3 damage and freezes your hero in phase 1 and a 8 mana mind control a random minion in phase 2
- One for Kel'Thuzad, Despite being Lighter and Softer than his normal incarnation, he's still Dangerously Genre Savvy; doing certain actions while playing heroic Naxxramas will cause him to get upset and nullify the action without refunding the cost.
- Upon using Alexstraza against Heroic Loatheb, who has 99 hp, he will snidely remark:
Kel'Thuzad: " Equality?! Not on my watch!"Kel'Thuzad: " Doomsayer? Oh you think you are so clever..."
- Upon using Equality or Doomsayer against Heroic Four Horsemen he will angrilly berate you or sarcasticly remark, respectively:
- Behold. A single Annoy-o-Tron holding off TWO Deathwings!
- Getting 500 Ranked Wins with your favorite class. The animation as your hero turns golden is a sight to behold.
- Beating Heroic Blackrock Mountain, like Naxxramas most bosses are a SNK Boss
- The Grim Guzzler summons 2 minions compared to your one minion a turn
- Dark Iron Arena is you fighting a all Legendary deck, he starts with 4 mana
- Emperor Thaurissan Starts with a 3/1 Moira which you must keep alive at all costs
- Garr has his board filled with Firesworns that deal 3 damage for every firesworn that died that turn
- Baron Geddon has 50 armor and 50 life, Ignite mana does 10 damage if you don't spend all your mana, and Living bomb will deal 10 damage to everything on your side of the board on his turn
- Majordomo Executus summons a 3/3 with his hero power and when he dies Ragnaros takes his place with 30 armor and 30 life, and his hero power deals 8 damage to two things at random, they also have an army of Molten Giants
- Highlord Omokk destroys a random minion for free at the start of his turn
- General Drakkisath makes all cards cost one mana, he has two mana compared to your one mana
- Rend Blackhand has multiple hero powers they switch between 3 2/2s for 2 mana, 2 2/2s with taunt for 2 mana , a 5/4 for 1 one, and a 8/8 for 4 mana
- Razorgore the untamed has Corrupted eggs that start with 3 health and turn into 7/7s when they reach 5 health
- Vaelastrasz Has both players drawing 3 cards a turn with Vaelastrasz gaining a mana crystal each turn
- Chromaggus Has Brood Inflictions, which cost 3 to get rid of, and give him a variety of benefits as long as they are in your hand
- Nefarian prevents Ragnaros from helping you more than once
- Omnotron Defense system`s Various Hero powers are reduced by 2 mana
- Maloriak gives all his minions +2/+2 and switches the health and attack of all minions
- Atramedes Doesn't give out his "Destroy the opponents weapon cards" and starts with it already equiped
- Nefarian starts with 30 armor and health, His Bone constructs are 4/2s, And when his Armor is depleted, he rises and a 30 health Onyxia takes the field and when Onyxia dies He destroys all your minions for free
- The boss fight against Nefarian begins with you thinking it's going to be a gimmick duel and then he transforms into a Dragon: unlocking all of his mana crystals and giving him 30 armor on his first turn. It seems almost hopeless, especially for new players who do not even have more than basic cards, but then Ragnaros shows up to give you a hand and even up the odds starting from your third turn onwards with powerful 0 mana cards.
- Using the Archmage of the Freaking Universe deck created by TotalBiscuit against Nefarian. Basically, it is made with a simple purpose: screw your magic, I have counters! So, Fireballs? NOPE. My minions can't be targeted (Wee Spellstopper). Flamestrike? Oh, look, a Counterspell. Frostbolt? Well, the troggs are now stronger for it. However, what REALLY makes the deck amazing for this run is the Echo of Medivh card. Why? Because it copies the minions in the field...and Ragnaros is sending a bunch of them to you, each costing 0 mana. Now you can play EVEN more of those.
- Pulling off a One-Turn Kill (OTK) combo is always awesome, no matter what class you are. Though Miracle Rogue is perhaps the most common form.
- The first Tavern Brawl: Nefarian vs. Ragnaros, you get to be either Nefarian or Ragnaros (with your opponent as the other) the best part? You start with twice the health of a normal hero and with decks consisting out of awesome cards regardless of who you get to play as.
- Unite Against Mechazod, a co-op Tavern Brawl where Anduin and Uther work together to defeat a boss minion who, as follows: switches sides at the end of each turn, deals damage to both heroes, increases his own attack, can instantly destroy minions, launch rockets at random characters ala Mad Bomber, and can specifically kill Lorewalker Cho. Both decks are creatively designed so that both players can help each other as much as possible, like using Lorewalker Cho to give the other player more spells, Millhouse Manastorm to give your ally free spells, and even Arcane Golem to give their friend a mana crystal. At mid-January, said Mechazod is back, and it's up to Malfurion and Medivh to beat him.
- a minor (sort of) meta one: The original heroes didn't have unique responses to facing themselves (the buyable heroes had them though), instead using their "threaten" lines. With the Explorer update they have gotten them as well. As if Blizzard was telling old time players: Yes we still care about you all.
- Managing to summon the Golden Monkey. It has an insanely powerful effect that can singlehandedly turn a game around but is quite difficult to pull off. First you have to summon Elise Starseeker, whose battlecry effects puts the card "Map to the Golden Monkey" in your deck, then if you draw and play the map, it puts the monkey in your deck. THEN if you manage to get lucky enough to draw and play the monkey(a 6/6 with taunt) it will turn EVERY card in both your hand AND your deck into a legendary.
- The Boss Tavern Brawl returns this time with: RAFAAM THE SUPREME ARCHEOLGIST vs Kel'thu-freaking-zad and the two bosses are equally awesome to play as Nefarian and Ragnaros were before them.