* The movie has multiple instances of hundreds of penguins dancing at once in rhythm. Sure, it's CGI so it's pretty easy to make for a halfway skilled animator, but it still looks and sounds awesome.
** And then there's Mumble, the Adelies, and Ramon braving a windstorm.
** And the scene where all the male penguins are tending to their eggs and braving the snowstorm. Also TruthInTelevision.
* Back-flipping Emperor Penguins. Enough said.
* Originally, Mumble would have lost his fluffy down when he was falling down the ice cliff to chase after the fishing boats. It was such a last-minute decision to keep him fluffy in the final cut that, thankfully, the storybooks for the first film still keep the original storyline. [[http://philwhiteley.com/zoom/1400x720/656038.html]] [[http://philwhiteley.com/zoom/1400x720/633643.html]] [[http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm102/zairianara/mambodance.jpg]] [[http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm102/zairianara/mumblereturn.jpg]] [[http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm102/zairianara/ebdn-1.jpg]] [[http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm102/zairianara/Mumble_28Regular29_26_Gloria.jpg]]
* Mumble swam from Antarctica to ''Florida'' without resting once. He nearly died of exhaustion, but he still made it.
* Gloria [[CallingTheOldManOut calling out Noah]] when he rails on Mumble for leading the "aliens" to them, after having vehemently denied any such possibility up until now. Even his cohorts do a double take at this apparent crack in his convictions, a moment where Noah is almost at a loss for an excuse. And ''then'' the so-called aliens finally '''do''' appear, finally confirming everything Mumble's been telling them.
** Mumble encouraging the entire penguin population to dance for the "aliens".
** When he's recovered himself Noah simply [[KnowWhenToFoldEm starts dancing enthusiastically with the rest of the colony]].