- Bond replying to the villain's, "For England, James?" with, "No. For me."
- Bond. St Petersburg. TANK.
- Bond escaping from the chemical weapons plant on a motorcycle, which he then rode off a cliff and caught up with a plane.
- At the beginning when Bond jumps from the top of the dam. The free-fall and eventual landing scene that follows is several seconds, maybe even up to a minute, of a single sound of whooshed air. When this movie first came out, that was the moment when people knew this Bond film would revive the series.
- Natalya, after a Forceful Kiss from the Big Bad, responds with a thoroughly hard slap. The fact it made him stumble backward was awesome in its own right.
- For me, the scene when Pierce Brosnan became Bond was when he and Natalya were facing the Russian official who threatened to execute them:
James Bond: What, no small talk? No ... chit-chat? That's the trouble with the world these days, nobody takes the time to perform a really sinister interrogation. It's a lost art.
- The scenes with Judi Dench as M, particularly the Right Behind Me moment.
M: You were saying?
Bill Tanner: No, no, I was just... just um...
M: Good. Because if I want sarcasm, Mr Tanner, I'll talk to my children, thank you very much.
- M telling Bond he is a sexist misogynistic dinosaur.
- Xenia Onatopp's preferred method of assassination. Out with a Bang indeed!
- Can we have Onatopp's sauna battle with Bond, too? The idea of Bond nearly being hoisted by his own petard is great, and it actually follows through in some ways in what Goldeneye is trying to do with it's female characters; It's the only time since Bond's fight with Bambi and Thumper of Diamonds Are Forever that Bond has been rendered vulnerable by a Bond Girl.
- Valentin Zukovsky:
Valentin: Walther PPK, 7.65 millimeter. Only three men I know use such a gun. I believe I've killed two of them.
Bond: Lucky me.
[A gun is pointed at the back of Bond's head]
Valentin: I think not.
- Also, the final fight between Bond and Janus. Competing for the title of best fight in the series with the fight between Bond and Red Grant in From Russia with Love. Word of God says the similarity was intentional.
- Bond barely acknowledging that he's being fired upon while setting bombs in Janus' base, just giving a slight flinch when bullets hit his cover.
- Natalya, not Bond, is the one who ultimately foils Janus's scheme by reprogramming the satellite to drop out of orbit. Made even sweeter by Boris taunting smugly that she can't stop GoldenEye from firing: "She works on the guidance system." Yes, and a lot of good being able to fire the thing will do you when it's burning up over the Atlantic, won't it?
- Natalya also gets a few other awesome moments, such as when - on the run after barely escaping Severnaya with her life - she walks into a computer store with nothing but sheer audacity and bluffs her way to net access by posing as a buyer from a university.
- Natalya beating the crap out of Boris when she meets him in Janus's control room. It took two mooks simply to restrain her. And judging from the cut to Janus's smirk, even he thought it was pretty awesome.
- And her having the presence of mind while terrified by the office being shot up to fake an Air Vent Escape.
- The title sequence, both because it was a new take on the classic Bond opening that set the scene for those in later films, and the powerful imagery with the Communist iconography being destroyed.
- The multiplayer was implemented by one guy.
- And the multiplayer was done not only at the last minute but it was done without telling anyone else on the development team.
- For a slightly more obvious Moment of Awesome, see no further than the wonderful applications of Tank Goodness.
- The grenade launcher in Surface and the remote mines in Facility are very fun to play with, especially in multiplayer.
- At the end of the trainyard mission, Bond steps onto Alec's train, and two guards appear on either side of him. He guns down the one on the left, whips around to kill the one on the right, and then pauses, turns, and adjusts his tie right as the doors slide shut. Classic Bond.
- Activating the floating mine cheat on the bunker level with unlimited ammo can make for some of the best multiplayer fun ever.
- Activate invincibility cheat on silo level and set off an explosion by time-out. A huge fireball will appear behind Bond and follow him wherever he goes. This will kill every enemy he's passing by. The level is unwinnable now but so what?