- He started his career with a Moment of Awesome. In his TV debut on the September 22, 1997 episode of Nitro, he defeated "The Laughing Man" Hugh Morrus, becoming the first man to kick out of Morrus' No Laughing Matter moonsault. This led to a heartwarming moment a few years later when Morrus, a career lower mid-carder rose up the ranks and won the US title. In an in-ring celebration, Goldberg fondly recalled that his famous streak began with Morrus putting him over.
- The main-event match on the July 6, 1998 WCW Monday Nitro in which Goldberg defeated Hollywood Hogan for the WCW World Heavyweight Title was not only the greatest Moment of Awesome for Goldberg's career, but arguably for WCW, and certainly for Nitro. More fans were in attendance at that show than at any other WCW event before or after. Of course the CMOA for WCW is greatly lessened in that it showed how shortsighted the execs were. They took what was a Starrcade-level match and put it on free TV. Great for those who couldn't buy PPVs, but they lost what easily would have been a huge buy. Though it must be said, that Nitro was in Goldberg's home of Atlanta.
- His massive Jackhammer against The Giant as well as the one he did to Mark Henry.
7'4", 550! Can he get him up in a Jackhammer?If he does, the roof's coming off this joint!
- Kicking out of the chokeslam finisher and promptly No Selling the next few attacks before hitting his finishing moves? The commentary says it best.
- Goldberg held The Giant in the air for a full three seconds before finishing the move.
- The Streak... until the very end, that is. And even then, it took Scott Hall cattle-prodding him in the face to make him go down (plus a series of other wrestlers attempting to help Nash before that).
- His match against Diamond Dallas Page at Halloween Havoc 1998 was one of the best matches of both men's careers - DDP ranks it among the top five matches of his career.
- While their eventual dream match was a stallfest not worth writing about, Goldberg making his awaited WWE debut interrupting The Rock of all people whipped the RAW crowd into a frenzy, esp. when Goldberg briefly got on the mic:
Goldberg: So, Rock?! You wanna know who's next?...YOU'RE NEXT! *spears Rock*
Jim Ross: It's... it's HIM!
- Not to mention the announcers' reactions to Goldberg's first appearance. Maybe it was scripted, but just the way J.R. says it tells you everything.
- Goldberg spearing Nunzio about the length of a half-ring during the 2004 Royal Rumble. Shared credit goes to the victim for a terrific sell job.
- A non-wrestling one: his appearance on Joes vs. Pros, where in a round of "who can hit a golf ball closest to the pin", Goldberg was picked first by the Joes, because the challenger reasoned that Goldberg was too muscular to properly get his arms around to swing. Goldberg proceeds to drop the ball within two yards of the hole, which was set up 350 yards away, closer than anyone else on the show.
- A Call-Back to his match against Brock Lesnar in WrestleMania XX was made by Heyman during the October 10, 2016 episode of Raw. What keeps Lesnar up at night? The fact that Bill Goldberg is still one up (now two up) over him for well over a decade.
- Michael Cole also mentioned during the Survivor Series match between Lesnar and Goldberg that only one other man had multiple pay per view victories over Brock: John Cena. And Cena's victories came out of a no holds barred match and a DQ due to Seth Rollins attacking him. Goldberg's matches were normal rules and clean pins.
- Raw, October 17, 2016. For the first time in twelve years, Goldberg appears inside a WWE ring. His entire entrance was recreated in incredible fashion for an amazing nostalgia trip for wrestling fans during the Monday Night War, and then once inside the ring, he cut easily the best promo of his entire career, thanking the fans (who were losing their minds throughout the entire segment) for their endless support, and then topped it off with an absolutely incredible line, ending with a brilliant play on his Catch Phrase:
- Goldberg's match with Brock Lesnar at Survivor Series 2016 consisted of a shove, two Spears, and a Jackhammer. In less than ninety seconds, Goldberg squashed the Beast.
- This entry only gets a single line, but you really do have to watch some of the reaction videos for this match to understand the impact it had on people. When Lesnar picked up Goldberg and threw him into the corner, everyone was like "Heh." When Goldberg roughly shoved Lesnar down, they were like "Hoh!" When Lesnar stood up right into that first explosive spear, they were like "Whoa!" When they realised Lesnar was selling the spear like he'd been run through with a lance they were like "Are they seriously...?" When the second spear hit, they were like "Are you serious?" When Goldberg got Lesnar up for the Jackhammer they were like "My God, You Are Serious!!!" And when the ref's hand hit the mat for the 3 count everyone went "OH MY FREAKIN' GOD!" It was one of the most shocking and amazing things people had seen in a wrestling ring in years!
- The night after Survivor Series 2016 on Raw, he informed the audience that Stephanie McMahon had asked him "Do you have one more title run in you?", leading to his announcement that he'd be competing in the Royal Rumble.
- Continuing the Running Gag of Lesnar being Goldberg's bitch, Brock was eliminated from the Rumble by Goldberg following a spear and toss over the top rope. And it happened mere seconds after Goldberg entered the ring.
- Goldberg and The Undertaker squaring off in the Rumble. Sure, they only exchanged a few moves, but damn it was awesome to see, especially since Goldberg has wanted to face Taker for years.
- Goldberg wins his first championship in fourteen years by winning the Universal Championship from Kevin Owens at Fastlane 2017 in 15 seconds