Awesome: God Loves, Man Kills
- A policeman takes down Stryker, because, by God, nobody shoots an unarmed little girl on his watch.
- The officer who protects Kitty on the subway is similarly awesome. A group of heavily-armed paramilitary types break into the subway car, gunning for Kitty. His reaction? "Get behind me, kid! I'll protect you!" He's way out of his league, but he doesn't let that stop him from putting himself between a child and those who would harm her. Even Magneto treats him with respect for his actions.
- Kitty Pryde layeth down the smack on Stryker when he questions Nightcrawler's humanity. All the more awesome when you realize that, not too long before this, Kitty had feared Nightcrawler because of his appearance.
Stryker (outraged): Human? You dare call that — thing — human!?!Kitty (passionately): More human than you! Nightcrawler's generous and kind and decent! He had every reason to be bitter, every excuse to become as much of a demon inside as out. But he decided he'd rather learn to laugh instead! I hope I can be half the person he is. And if I have to choose between caring for my friend and believing in your God, then I choose my — my friend!
- Making this even more awesome is the fact that Kitty is a fairly devout Jew herself.
- Cyclops sends Wolverine and Nightcrawler to kill Xavier since they have no other choice, then quickly shoots a beam in a random direction. Wolverine fails but distracts Xavier long enough for Cyclops' beam to knock out Xavier and he does it all without a single thought.
- It's always nice to see the humble Nightcrawler get the recognition he deserves, as at the end he is the X-Man singled out as the best of them in Kitty's speech and someone we should all aspire to be like.