WARNING: The following contains a large amount of spoilers, most of which are left unmarked. Read at your own risk!
open/close all folders
- Many of these are possible in gameplay, such as showing up Lindow by soloing an Ouroboros. A later mission, "Thor's Banquet", has you facing off against four Vajra. Alone. By this point in the game, you can tear through them.
- Blood Rage might be Difficult, but Awesome to use, but it can be weaponized in some way, such as using it to momentarily stun any nearby Aragami, even the Ouroboros!
God(s) Eater Burst/God Eater Resurrection
- The first scene of the game, which has Lindow, Sakuya and Soma waiting for the right moment to hunt down a Vajra, and it does. Though we didn't see how the hunt goes, it pretty much giving us a look at what the game has to offer.
- Lindow's three rules in surviving your first mission. Doubles as a CMoF.
Lindow: You got three orders: Don't die. If your numbers are up, get out. Lastly, hide. If you're lucky, you can manage to caught it off guard and blast it. *beat* Wait, that's four, isn't it?
- The fact that Lindow was rumored to have killed an Ouroborros by himself.
- Fortunately, the pachi-slot game has a special mini-game where you, as Lindow, have to hit a triple 7, or a full 7 if you are lucky, in order to clobber the Ouroborros. If you win, you earn not only 27 points, but also a sweet shot of Lindow with a dead Ouroborros.
- Soma Schicksal's Establishing Character Moment mainly consist of slashing down an Ogretail who just ate a God Eaternote and inform him of his "job". Scary, but awesome.
Soma: "Welcome to this god-awful/god-forsaken workplace!"
- Battered and tired after recently killed a Prithvi Mata, Lindow goes on to fight against the Dyaus Pita as he throw off his cigar, while doing a Power Walk is pretty cool. Even though later on find out that he was defeated, at least he tried to.
- After presumingly "killed" Lindow in the infamous "Moon in the Welkins" mission, Alisa's small Character Development story arc is this, as you help her out of her depression and making her one of the most useful God Eater in the game. Just how much she improved? She shoots a Vajra before it could clobber the player from behind!
- As an added bonus, you'll get a blue Clementor shieldnote .
- The fact that Paylor Sakaki hides what he knows about Johannes' endgame, as well as his genuine interest toward Shio sure takes a lot of guts.
- When Sakuya find out about Lindow's "side mission", she and Alisa goes to Aegis Island, only to confront Johannes and learns about his Evil Plan, before having Dr. Oguruma use the Trigger Phrase in an effort to brainwash Alisa into kill Sakuya. What did Alisa do? Uses a Recovery Pillar to cure Sakuya and herself of her own brainwashed state, then they escape via a Stun Grenade.
- The sheer dedication and Character Development Soma had gone through just to protect Shio from his own father. Even though Sakuya and Alisa are now deemed fugitives, and Kota has the tickets to save his family via the Ark Project, Soma sticks along with the player and starts to mellow down his anti-social status.
- When Shio was taken to the Aegis Island to jumpstart the Devouring Apocalypse, he make it his mission to save her and kill his father, and managed to rally the rest of the First Unit toward Aegis Island. This, as well as the above, double as a CMoH.
- When everyone realizes the gates toward Aegis are in full lockdown, Kota suddenly "suggesting" that they can go to the basement floor of the main building, where it will lead to Aegis. Even Tsubaki was surprised by this.
- Considering how lazy he is during lectures, this is by far to prove that beneath his laid-back attitude, Kota can be known as a pure genius.
- After battling the Arda Nova, the Apocalypse is about to start, with everyone are helpless to stop it. To save the Earth, Shio decides to do a Heroic Sacrifice by having Soma to devour her physical body, just so that she can take Apocalypse to the moon instead, much to the shock of some First Unit members. This results in the terraforming of the moon itself!
- Doubles as a Tearjerker.
- Every mission against the Hannibal, as this gives even expert Monster Hunter players a hard time to beat.
- Related to the above, the fact that the Hannibal can come Back from the Dead after being killed can be pretty scary. Even Soma himself was surprised by this.
- Very briefly, but when the Defense Unit are ambushed by a trio of Kongou, a black Hannibal performs a Big Damn Heroes by killing them off. In reverse,the player blocks the black Hannibal's punch to protect Tatsumi when it starts gunning at the God Eaters.
- It was revealed that Lindow still has enough Heroic Willpower to control his Aragami form and momentarily save the Defense Unit, before slipping off his control. He still got nerves of steel.
- During an Aragami breach in the God Arc Storage Room, the player, unable to use his/her God Arc due to maintainance, uses Lindow's God Arc to defend Licca from the Vajratails. This is despite the dangers of using someone's God Arc other than theirs.
- Ren's introduction and ensuing Establishing Character Moment, in which s/he gunned down a Vajratail before it could kill the player.
- The showdown against the Corrosive Hannibal on Aegis Island pretty much sums up the game in total, especially the epic Determinator speech that quickly became the Trope Codifier:
Protagonist: Don't run away! Don't run away from living! THAT'S AN ORDER!! (Awesomness ensues)
- The above line was accompanied by a shot of the player DualWields his/her and Lindow's God Arc. Then proceeds in RIPPING APART the Hannibal's mouth and use their Resonance powers on it by punching its core.
- Ren ends up sacrificing himself/herself/itself to save the Lindow and the Protagonist by Taking the Bullet meant for the former.
- Meta example: Props to the developer for recreating the very first game of the franchise in high definition, and then some...
God Eater 2/God Eater 2 Rage Burst
- Right next to Lindow, resident Colonel Badass Julius Viscounti's Establishing Character Moment is that he keeps his cool while an Ogretail chewing his arm, before actually killing it off.
- Then he demostrates his signature Blood Art, Gale Katana: Iron, which wipes out a entire group of said Ogretails in one rush.
- Your first encounter with the Marduk not only activates your "Power of Blood", but also unleashes a Blood Art that scars its right eye.
- The battle against the Rufus Callagula, period. With Haruomi's help, the player kicking Kate's God Arc deeper down the Rufus Callagula, allowing Gilbert to activates his "Power of Blood" and defeats the dragon Aragami. Just to keep his promise of fulfilling his lover's dying wish.
- For extra credit, the BGM is Diobrosis. Note that this is the theme used in the first TGS teaser trailer!
- Nana's has her driving a FORK LIFT while being chased by a pack of Vajra during the God Arc Soldier shutdown. Please keep in mind that Nana has no history of using a fork lift before, and the fact that the Vajra can outrun pretty much anyone. Now that's Badass Adorable and Badass Driver all rolled in one!
- In an effort to save Julius from the Marduk and a group of Garm, Romeo let out his fustration of not having a "Power of Blood", finally activating his and managed to use an unnamed Blood Artnote to incapacitate a Garm. Even though it was short-lived, at least Romeo done the only thing he can do to save his teammate.
- The Kyuubi mission marks the return of Lindow Amamiya, Alisa Amiella and Soma Schicksal. The part where Lindow obliterates the fox Aragami only with his Right Hand of Doom, serves as the cherry on top to the already-awesome scene.
- That aformentioned scene even tops the rumors of him soloing an Ouroborros!
- The rematch against the scarred Marduk, which is part Disproportionate Retribution and part It's Personal, much like how players would always do after witnessing Romeo's death.
- On top of being a disabled psychotic Manchild who orchestrates Romeo's aformentioned death, Rachel was secretly building a prototype God Arc Soldier, which she personally used to kill her father (mostly because he know too much) and is now piloting to eliminate the Blood Unit before they could stop her from unleashing another Devouring Apocalypse. Now that's scary!
- The final boss battle in 2 against Julius/"The World Opener" managed to top the ones against Arda Nova, as well as being a mix of both CMoA and Tearjerker.
- Special mentions goes to Yuyu for actually using her singing prowess as a Theme Song Power Up used to reach toward Julius. Also to Dr. Sakaki and Leah Claudes for coming up with a plan to prevent the Apocalypse, which involves singing and the player's "Power Of Blood". The best part: when it seems that they are losing power, the player succeeds to accomplish this through sheer willpower!
- With full control over the Apocalypse, Julius instead turn it into a flower-like structure, curing all those infected by the Red Rain in the process.
- Everything about Livie Collete. She is tasked with eliminating turned-God Eaters with their own God Arcs. In other word, she is pretty much the God Eater universe's equivalent of Chuck Norris!
- She is the other character who wield someone's God Arc (without getting devoured) and proceeds to kill as much as many Aragami as possible. The other character? The protagonist of Burst/Resurrection.
- Each of the Character Development arc for the main Blood Unit members can be either a CMoA, a Tearjerker, a CMoH, or both. Either way, it's awesome!
- When a massive onslaught ensues between around a dozen God Eaters (a few were hospitalised) and a pack of Aragami, the Blood Unit is on the verge of defeat due to constant battle and the lack of supply of Bias Factor for their Armlet. Just then Romeo's God Arc suddenly acted up and sends a signal wave that prompts the Aragami to retreat.
God Eater Online
Episode 1, Lenka Utsugi
- The very fact that Lenka survived living outside of Fenrir is no such feat.
- Despite Tsubaki's order, and with little training over his God Arc, Lenka runs off to get his Arc, leap through the closing gates, and helping the other God Eaters evacuating everyone in the Outer Ghetto during an Aragami breach is awesome by itself.
- This speech before the above reaches Eren Yeager-levels:
- The background song,"Have you seen...", during the scene certainly helps.
- The introduction of Lindow, Sakuya and Soma during the Battle in the Rain, who each whooping the asses of many Ogretails, Cocoon Maidens and Kongou, with "Maintain Maintain" playing in the background.
- Special mention goes to Lindow, who does an Unflinching Walk and offhandly kills some Aragami while taking a smoke.
- Lenka switches his God Arc to Gun Form through sheer force of will (as opposed to using the handle to switch between forms, according to the third episode), then he blast a Kongou in the FUCKING FACE, saving a civilian in the process.
- Remember the magnificent ERIC der Vogelweid? In the game, he died by getting eaten by a Ogretail, with no purpose other than being a Cannon Fodder. In the anime, he died saving an incapacitated Lenka via a Taking the Bullet. Memetic Badass indeed, thy name is Eric!
- Lindow continues his badass spree by owning a Vajra himself.
- The entire battle atop the plane, Contra-style, especially the debut of the Predator Form! "Maintain Maintain" triumphantly once again plays through the above scene.
- The shot of Lenka and Alisa slashing some Aragami together left a good impression to some fans.
- One fan would say that the anime is this in one picture. Even Kotaku acknowledged this.
- The single shot of a flying Ouroborros. Yes, you heard it right! A mountain-sized Aragami, the one rumored to have killed by Lindow in the games, is in mid-air!
- Doubles as a CMOF.
- Any fan-made Bullets submitted and showcased in the official wikia, especially the infamous Meteor bullets note , which deals a whooping 100,000 damage to any Aragami unlucky enough to be caught in its line of sight. Even though a later patch toned it down, it's still considered broken.