- The Ghostbusters' Badass Boasts
Venkman: We came, we saw, we kicked its ass!
Venkman: We're the best, we're the beautiful, we're the only Ghostbusters!
- Winston Zeddemore, covered head to toe in toasted marshmallow, on top of a skyscraper bellowing "I love this town!"
- "If someone asks you if you're a God you say YES!"
- "Let's show this prehistoric bitch how we do things downtown!"
- From the second film, after stopping the Scoleri brothers.
- No love for The Theme Song?
- How about what franchise did to the idea of supernatural horror? After decades of horror movies like Rosemary's Baby, The Exorcist and The Omen where secular modern ways of understanding the world are helpless against ancient eldritch horrors in a modern popular culture still grappling with modern social change, this franchise turned that feeling partially around with a landmark culturally iconoclastic (In regards to religion) series where Science Hero characters face up to such nightmares with scientific learning that has created practical weapons anyone can use with a little familiarization and totally kick their asses!
- On the commentary, Harold Ramis mentions his favorite line from the reviews, and something every comedy film should aspire to: "The entire film is like a perfectly told joke."
- The IDW Comic series is filled with Awesome, not the least of which is the insane number of "Easter eggs" slipped into each issue.
- Issue 7 is almost an issue-long CMOA for Peter Venkman. Trapped inside his own mind by a possessor ghost, he gets pissed off when the ghost attempts to psychoanalyze him - namely theorizing that Peter's lack of fear of the ghost comes from being heartbroken over Dana. Peter points out that he has a Ph.D in psychology and proceeds to own the spook by figuring out its weakness.
- The entity Death gets one in issue 15. Trapped inside a bag by Eugene Visitor, an old friend of Egon's, Death was keeping Eugene alive beyond when he was supposed to be dead, but was left unable to clean up all the PKE energy building up from ambient ghosts, disrupting the natural order. Eventually, the build up reached critical mass (in no small part due to the Ghost Smashers dispersing ghosts over an area as big as Manhattan rather than catching them), causing a super-ghost to be created, one that couldn't even be trapped by the Ghostbuster's Megatrap (which was able to trap Gozer's essence) and all their regular traps combined. Once Death is let out of the bag? Death frightens the super-ghosts, and wipes it out of existence with one strike.
- New Ghostbusters issue 16: The nine Ghostbusters cross nine proton streams in an attack on Tiamat, a Goddess and sister of Gozer who regularly beats the stuffing out of her brother. Although Tiamat survives and is able to contain the energy of the streams (remember, crossing the streams of just two Proton Beams could lead to Complete Protonic Reversal, a Class X on the Apocalypse How scale at minimum), it is still "an attack worthy of a Goddess", and even shocked her briefly.
- The 30th Anniversary cover has every major character in the IDW Ghostbusters universe. To see characters like The Rookie and Kylie stood alongside the Ghostbusters is all sorts of Awesome.