- Kouga and Rei's first grudge match in the first series involves the two of them beating the crap out of each other while fighting another Horror and then ends with the two of them still whaling on each other while falling hundreds of feet between two skyscrapers. It's perhaps one of the Signature Scenes of Garo.
- Episode 10. Goten's debut. The Theme Music Powerup alone can qualify as an awesome moment.
- Episode 11 ("Game") of the first series has this:
Kouga: *smirk* I said it was the left hand.
- Kouga's fight in episode 21 of the first series against multiple gun-wielding Horrors armed with only a sword and his own nigh inhuman badassery. Followed by his refusal to cheapen his own honor by using a gun or killing a human being that had been shooting him for the past few minutes.
- It may be under the worst possible circumstances, but Kaoru or her actress at least, finally gets to show off some skills of her own when she hands both Kouga and Rei their asses on a silver platter. Granted she's possessed and they are both doing their best not to hurt her too bad, but it's still a very small young woman taking on two men in peak phyiscal condition and doing serious damage to their internals.
- Any time Kaoru is possessed is guaranteed to be awesome. See KIBA Gaiden for reference.
- The final fight against KIBA at the end of the first series takes place on a giant spinning wheel falling thousands of feet through the air.
- An unusual one goes to Igari Juuzou, the samurai Monster of the Week from Makai Senki's 8th episode. He was able to retain his consciousness fully as a Horror (in fact, it seemed that he absorbed the Horror instead of the other way around), never killed innocents, and outclassed Rei in human form. He's probably the only Horror to be seen as a Worthy Opponent by a Makai Knight.
- The fight against Ganon at the end of Makai Senki first involves Kouga, Rei and Tsubasa summoning their armour and riding against an army of machines as the second opening theme plays for a Theme Music Powerup
- As the battle continues they are reinforced by the rest of the Makai Knight order in a absolutely massive scale battle, with Kouga jumping onto the giant Magitek tank to destroy it while the rest of the forces fight on the ground.
- The battle ends with a combination attack between the knights and priests, with the Makai Knights using the brushes of the priest to create energy arrows to destroy Edea. Kouga deals the final blow with a powerful arrow created from Kaoru's brush, despite it being just a normal paint brush