Awesome: Fist of the North Star
- The scene where Ken destroys a freaking tank with his bare hands (well feet) Must be seen to be believed.
- After Kenshiro has learned that Jagi is the reason why Yuria and Shin are gone, Kenshiro makes sure that Jagi does not walk out alive.
- In the second storyline Kenshiro taking a huge chunk of out of a hill to plug a breached dam that was blown up by three mooks of Yuda (as high of the dam) and bitch-slapping two mooks who blew up the dam with it (after causing the Elite Mook leader of the group to asplode a short while before) then plugging the breach with said chunk of hill. See the Crazy Awesome entry above for a 3rd example.
- This was only a background event to Rei's epic showdown with Yuda. While Rei's death is by far the most Cruel and Unusual Death any of the heroes suffer in Fist of the North Star, inflicted as it was by Raoh and his Hokuto Shinken, his final three days on the planet were just enough for him to finally take down his longtime rival and nemesis and pull one of the most awesome Screw Destiny moments in the entire series on behalf of Mamiya, the only woman he's ever loved, giving his life so that the Star of Death (which is normally an inexorable Portent of Doom for anyone who sees it in the Fist of the North Star universe) no longer appears for her.
- When Kenshiro, Rei, and Mamiya team up, Kenshiro takes a nap, while Mamiya questions his choice to nap at a time like this. Suddenly, Kenshiro snaps awake reaches out to the side and catches a flying arrow headed straight for Mamiya's head.
- Juza's last stand against Raoh. It's even more awesome in the anime where his body keeps fighting until all of his blood starts to spill out, reflecting the clouds above in a big pool.
- The Hokuto Hyakuretsu Ken. Enough said.
- The scene in question from the vid, where Kenshiro rescues Lin from Zeed, is the first time that he busts out this move in the series, and it definitely qualifies as one of the first awesome moments of the series, as it establishes in a big way just what Kenshiro and his style of Hokuto Shinken can do.
- Get up, Raoh! It's time for you to return to heaven!
- The scene is even more awesome because Raoh started trembling in terror before the Musou Tensei, when until then he had treated Kenshiro as a capable but still inferior foe.
- The first time Ken and Raoh confront each other. The first hint that Raoh is unlike anyone Ken ever faced is that he is an excellent practitioner of Hokuto Shinken. The second? The battle starts off with Ken and Raoh's spirits charging up and creating enough force to only... blow the two of them high up in the sky and start fighting there!
- Kenshiro, beaten up by Souther, after having walked a desert for days, and receiving a sleeping pill, going to help Shuu and face Souther one more time as he recites again and again while killing mooks Shuu is calling me, Shuu is calling me...
- OF THIS LIFE, I HAVE NOT, A SINGLE REGRET!
- The first episode of Ten no Haoh (Legend of the Dark King) establishes Raoh's badassery by having Ken-Oh punch the boss of a vicious raider gang — and the building behind said raider — in half.
- The battle between Rei and Raoh is one for Raoh. The series so far had established Rei as a very strong fighter, capable of giving Ken at least a run for his money, and not only Raoh gives him a Curb-Stomp Battle without even bothering to leave his horse or actually using his own hands (he punched Rei with his Battle Aura), but when Rei decides to use a suicidal attack that will kill Raoh at the price of his own life we get an Imagine Spot of what Rei was planning to do... And then Raoh nullifies his attack by throwing his Badass Cape on his face and sentences him to three days of agony before death with a single finger. Watch it if you can't believe it.
- One of the most impressive moments in the manga was starred not by Ken, Rei or Raoh... but by Lin. When the troops of Raoh raided the village where she and Rei's sister were -giving everybody the choice to swear allegiance to Raoh and be marked like cattle or be literally cooked-, she played bait to protect the older woman. When she got caught and ordererd swearing allegiance, she refused firmly and started to walk at the grill on her own.
Lin: I will not be loyal to you, demons! Never! Not matter what you do to me! Ken once told me when you let yourself down in front of demons, you are no longer human...Villager: What a valiant girl! She'd rather die than become their slave!
- And then Ayra takes a level in badass and shoots at least two bandits with a crossbow and then the men start fighting back.
- And lastly Rei shows up and—upon seeing Lynn bleeding—vows that the last thing their foes will see is their own gushing blood.
- Shin manages to get one is the dub version of the Hokuto no Ken movie. After he dies, Kenshiro acknowledges that SHIN loved Yuria more than Kenshiro did!
Kenshiro: You loved her even more than I did, Shin. No one can love or hate with more passion than a madman.
- Also from the dubbed movie, the totally kickass way that Kenshiro accepts Jagi's fight challenge-
Kenshiro: Is that panic I hear in your voice? Don't worry, it'll all be over soon.
- In their fist fight, Souther casually manhandled Kenshiro and beat him within a inch of his life, with Kenshiro surviving only because Souther wanted to kill him later. What's more, Souther praised Kenshiro for being faster and harder-hitting than himself before saying he'd win anyway and administering the beatdown.
- The live action Fist of the North Star movie is pretty bad but for one scene it felt like a real adaption. Ken saves a couple that gave him shelter from a trio of bandits. The first he kills by kicking his foot through a wall, the bandit's jaw is bent out. Much like a panel from the manga the bandit tries to adjust it before dying. The second is punched in the back until his torso breaks. The last guy gets the 100 Cracked Fist move and while it lacks the traditional year or music power up it gets suspense as the bandit's head starts deforming and explodes off screen. Sadly after that the film makers forgot they were making a Hokuto no Ken movie and Ken no longer has super strength and there are no special martial arts.