open/close all folders
Works with Subpages
- A Dead World
- Ace Combat: Equestria Chronicles
- Adopted Displaced (Crossover - My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic and many others)
- The Adventures of Irving and Friends
- Adventures of Mario and Sonic
- Advice and Trust
- A Force of Four
- Aftermath of the Games
- Ah My Goddess The Twilight Hour
- All Things Probable Series
- The Alternate Adventures Of The Power Ponies
- Ambience: A Fleet Symphony
- And The Giant Awoke
- And The Meek Shall Inherit The Galaxy
- Another Brother
- Anti-Cliché and Mary-Sue Elimination Society
- Applied Cultural Anthropology
- Arad's Stardust
- Ashes of the Past
- A Shot in the Dark
- The Assassination of Twilight Sparkle
- As Time Diverges The Mitakihara Case
- Avatar Of Victory
- Avatar The Last Airbender Non Canon
- A Very Muppets Mystery
- Azula Trilogy
- Background Pony
- Bad Idea
- Battle Fantasia Project
- Battle Of The Luminaries
- Beautiful Destroyer Sailor Moon
- Being Dead Ain't Easy
- Ben 10: Guardians
- Betray Me Not
- Better Living Through Science and Ponies
- Better Off Alone
- Beyond the Dawn
- Beyond the Outer Gate Lies...
- Big Hero 6 Non Canon
- The Bitterness Of Phineas Flynn
- Black Crayons
- Blackkat's Reverse
- Blood That Flows
- Blue Sky
- Book 5: Legends
- Bound Destinies Trilogy
- A Brief History of Equestria
- Breaking Point
- The Bridge
- Bringing Out the Blue
- Brother On Board
- Brotherhood of Dark
- The Bug-Type Queen
- Calvin and Hobbes: The Series
- The Captain of the Virtual Console
- Catch Your Breath
- C'est la Vie
- A Change of Pace
- Chaos Theory
- The Child of Love
- Child of the Storm
- Children of an Elder God
- Children of Time
- Chunin Exam Day
- Circumstances Series
- Cissnei's Path
- Code Geass: Cornelia of the Defection
- Code Geass Colorless Memories
- Code Geass Megiddo
- Code: Total Drama Reality
- Common Sense
- Connecting The Dots
- Constant Temptation
- Cosmic Warriors
- Crisis Equestria
- A Crown of Stars
- Crowns of the Kingdom
- Crucible (Mass Effect)
- D Reincarnation
- Danse Macabre
- The Dark Lords of Nerima
- Darkish Souls
- Daughter of the Sun
- Dead Garden
- Delenda Est
- A Demon Among Devils
- Detective Conan Non Canon
- The Difference One Man Can Make
- A Different Kind of Truth
- Dragon Ball Multiverse
- DC Nation
- Death And Ker
- Deliver Us From Evil Series
- Deserted Distractions
- The Detective and the Diplomat
- Deva Series
- Diamond in the Rough (Touhou)
- A Different Lesson
- A Different Scroll
- Digimon 02 The Story We Never Told
- Divine Blood
- Doctor Whooves – The Series
- Doing It Right This Time
- Don't Name It
- Dragon Age: The Crown of Thorns
- The Dragon King's Temple
- A Dragon of the North
- A Dream of Dawn
- Dreaming of Sunshine
- The Dresden Fillies
- Ducktales Twenty Years Later
- Dueling Trigger Finger
- Dumbledore's Army and the Year of Darkness
- Dungeon Keeper Ami
- The Dusk Guard Saga
- Echoes in the Dark
- The Elements of Harmony and the Savior of Worlds
- Elfen Lied Children Of Destruction
- Enter Digital World
- Erin's Total Magical Adventure
- Event Horizon: Storm of Magic
- Evangelion 303
- Eva Possibilities and Fusion Pandemonium
- Facing the Future Series
- Fail to the King!
- Fairy Dance Of Death
- Fairy Without Wings
- Fall of Liberty
- Fall of Starfleet, Rebirth of Friendship
- Fallen King
- Fallout: Equestria
- Fall With The Petals
- FateBlack Reflection
- Fate Ingens Cor
- Fate Revelation Online
- Fate/Stay Night: Ultimate Master
- Fate/Reach Out
- Fate Zero Avenger Of Swords
- Field Of Innocence
- The Fifth Act
- First Try Series
- Flight of the Condor
- For Good
- For His Own Sake
- Forbiden Fruit: The Tempation of Edward Cullen
- Forged Destiny
- Four Deadly Secrets
- Fragments Of Chaldea
- From Fake Dreams
- From Out the Ocean Risen
- Frozen Non Canon
- ...Fucking Tinkers
- Futari Wa Pretty Cure Blue Moon
- Game Theory (Fan Fic)
- The Games We Play
- Garfield in: "Along Came a Splut"
- Gems Are Unbreakable
- Gensokyo 20XX
- Getting Back on Your Hooves
- The Girl Of Tomorrow
- The Girl From Whirlpool
- Glorious Shotgun Princess
- Ghost, Ghost, I Know You Live Within Me
- Ghosts of Evangelion
- Gods Angels And Kings
- God Slaying Blade Works
- Grand Tour Series
- Gravity Falls Non Canon
- A Growing Affection
- Greyjoy Alla Breve
- Guilty Crown: The Lost Kingdoms
- Gurren Jesus
- Halkegenia Online
- The Harmon Verse
- Harmony's Warriors
- Harry Potter Non Canon
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
- Harry Potter and the Nightmares of Futures Past
- Harry's New Home
- Hazredous Interruptions
- A Heart of Gold
- The Heart Trilogy
- Heaven's Light
- Hellsister Trilogy
- A Hero
- Thirty Hs
- Higher Learning
- The Hill of Swords
- History Teaches Us
- Hogyoku ex Machina
- Hope for the Heartless
- Hope Springs Eternal
- Horseshoes and Hand Grenades
- Hottie 3: The Best Fan Fic in the World
- How I Wonder What You Are
- Hunters of Death
- I Against I, Me Against You
- I'd Trade My Life For Yours
- The Ikaris
- Imperfect Metamorphosis
- The Immortal Game
- The Infinite Loops
- In Flight
- Involuntary Admission
- It Takes a Village
- It's a Dangerous Business, Going Out Your Door
- It's not the Raptor DNA
- The Jackson Legacy
- Jewel of Darkness
- Just An Unorthodox Thief
- Just A Random Tuesday
- Jurassic Park Chaos Theory
- Justice League of Equestria
- The Kirita Chronicles
- King Of Souls
- Kirby of the Stars: The After Story
- Kitsune no Ken: Fist of the Fox
- Kouja No Senshi
- Kyon: Big Damn Hero
- Kyoshi Rising
- Last Child of Krypton
- The Last Daughter
- The Last Spartan
- Lay Down Your Sweet And Weary Head
- The Legacy Of The Cursed Mask Series
- Light And Dark The Adventuresof Dark Yagami
- Lillie's Z-Powered Adventure!
- The Lion King Adventures
- The Lion Of Ivalice
- The Little Pony Legend
- The Lone Traveler
- Long Road to Friendship
- Lost Tales of Fantasia
- The Loud House Non Canon
- The Loud Sim Date
- Lovehammer Inc
- Lyrics Of Sorrow
- Magica Madoka Veneficus Puella
- The Magic of Torchwood
- Maim de Maim
- Manchester Lost
- A Man of Iron
- The Many Sons Of Winter
- Mass Effect Human Revolution
- Master, Pokémon?
- MCU Rewrites
- Medicinal Lullaby
- Mega Man: Defender of the Human Race
- Mega Man Reawakened
- Mega Man Recut
- Memoirs Of A Master
- Mighty Morphin Mecha Rangers
- Mines of Dragon Mountain
- Miraculous Ladybugvs The Forces Of Evil
- A Miscellaneous Tale of Night and Day
- Misfiled Dreams
- Mobile Fighter Evangelion
- My Brave Pony: Starfleet Nemesis
- My Hostage Not Yours
- My Immortal
- My Little Avengers
- My Little Denarians
- My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic Non Canon
- Naruto Non Canon
- Naruto: the Secret Songs of the Ninja
- Ned Stark Lives
- Negaverse Chronicles
- Neither a Bird, nor a Plane, it's Deku!
- The Neo Domino Purge
- Neon Genesis Evangelion: Genocide
- Nerve Damage
- Never Had A Friend Like Me
- Next Level: Nights After Dreams
- New Kid On The Block
- A New Chance Series
- Nickelodeon Heroes
- Nobody Dies
- No Gods, Only Guns
- The North Remembers
- Of Mice and Mayhem
- Old West
- One Foot – Another Multiverse SI
- Once Again
- Once More with Feeling
- The One I Love Is
- One Less Lonely Gurl
- One Piece: Final Holy War
- On Strange Wings
- Osana Reimu
- The Parselmouth of Gryffindor
- Past Sins
- Path of the King
- Pet Project
- Peter Chimaera book of hsitorical faFfiction
- Pokémon Black & White: Tale of a Legend
- Pokémon Reset Bloodlines
- Pokémon: Rise of the Rockets
- Poké Wars
- Pony POV Series
- Power Rangers GPX
- Power Rangers Guardians Of Gaia
- Power Rangers: Oceania
- The Prayer Warriors
- The Predespair Kids
- Pretty Cure Perfume Preppy
- Promises of a Wandering Hero
- Purple Days
- Queen of All Oni
- Queen of Blood
- Queen of Shadows
- Rainbooms and Royalty
- RainbowDoubleDash's Lunaverse
- Rain On The Just
- Rapunzel Goes Home
- Razors Edge
- React Watch Believe Yikes
- Reap The Pain
- The Renegades
- Re Revenge Of The Island An Alternate Reality
- Respect A Woman
- Retro Chill
- Review Team 1: The Rise of Golus
- Rise of the Galeforces
- Robb Returns
- Rose Of Pollux
- RWBY: Reckoning
- The Saga of Avatar Korra
- Sailor Moon Z
- Say It Thrice
- Scar Tissue
- Sean Bean Saves Westeros
- Searching For My Master
- The Second Hand Fool
- The Second Try
- Second Wind
- Separation Anxiety
- Series Thirty And Three Quarters / Shinji And The Doctor / Doctor Who: The Evangelion Error
- Seven Days Survivor
- A Shadow of the Titans
- The Shape of the Nightmare to Come
- Shadows Awakening
- Shinji And Warhammer 40 K
- The Shinji Ikari Raising Project
- Shinnen New Year
- Silly Hat Productions
- Snow Angels
- Sonic Generations: Friendship Is Timeless
- Son of the Desert
- Son Of The Seven Kingdoms
- Sonic X: Dark Chaos
- Souls Art Online
- Soul Chess
- Soul Eater: Troubled Souls
- Souls Reborn
- Spiders and Magic: Rise of Spider-Mane
- The Stalking Zuko Series
- Starfleet Redone
- The Starless Road
- Starlight Over Detrot
- Stars Above
- The Stars Will Aid Their Escape
- The Steep Path Ahead
- Steven Universe Non Canon
- Stories and Tales from Dimension 63
- Straight Edge
- Strawberry Meets Sonic The Hedgehog
- Streets of Rage Saga
- A Sticky Situation
- The Strex Family
- Strykes Random Elements
- A Study in Regret
- Sunshine and Fire
- Super Mario Bros Non Canon (also covers fangames and ROM hacks)
- Superman of 2499: The Great Confrontation
- Supernatural Taisen
- Superwomen of Eva 2: Blue Defiance
- Superwomen of Eva 2: Lone Heir of Krypton
- Swimming in Terror
- The Swordsman & The Gunslinger
- Tails of the Old Republic
- The Tainted Grimoire
- Takamachi Nanoha Of 2814
- A Tale of Transmigration
- Tales of Bleach: Unreal Society
- Tamers Forever Series
- The RWBY Loops
- The Tangled Princess Bride
- Teaching Darkness
- Team 8
- Thats Why They Call It The Present
- Thawing Permafrost
- They Shook Hands
- Thieves Can Be Heroes!
- Things We Don't Tell Humans
- This Bites!
- This Platinum Crown
- This Present Darkness
- Thousand Shinji
- Tiberium Wars
- Time Mix Up
- To Aruverse Rewrite Project
- To Be a (Miraculous) Master
- To My Death I Fight
- Total Drama Alpha Kidz
- Total Drama Comeback Series
- Total Drama Dictionary
- Total Drama Equestria
- Total Drama Geeks Vs Populars
- Total Drama Letterz
- Total Drama Stranded
- Total Drama Switcheroo
- Total Drama Tweenabet
- Total Drama Tween Tour
- Toy Hammer
- Trials of the God-Harem King
- Truth And Ideals The Unova Chronicles
- TSA The Amazing Spiderman
- Turnabout Storm
- Twila The Girl Who Waz In Luv With A Vampyre
- Twilight Unbound
- Uber Drama Island
- The Ultimate Evil
- The Unity Saga
- Universe Falls
- Uninvited Guests
- Unwelcome Storms Hunter
- The Vampire of Steel
- Vanishing Act
- The Vinyl Scratch Tapes
- The Vow
- To Infinity
- Waking Nightmares
- Walking in the Shadow of Dreams
- Water Under the Bridge
- War of the Biju
- The Weedverse
- Weightless (Mass Effect)
- Weiss Reacts
- We're All Doomed
- We're Gonna Get There Soon
- We Were Young Once
- The Wheel And The Butterfly Saga
- When in Doubt, Obliviate
- When There Was A Tomorrow
- White Rain
- Without A Hive
- With Strings Attached
- With This Ring
- Wind Monk Banishment
- The Wizard in the Shadows
- Whirlpools Among The Eddies
- Worldwar: War of Equals
- Witch Quest
- The Worm Protocol
- Wreck It Ralph Non Canon
- A Wrinkle in Time (Naruto)
- Yesterday Upon The Stair
- Yet again, with a little extra help
- Young Justice: Darkness Falls
- YU-GI-OH GX: Sleeping Beauty
- Yu Gi Oh Revolution Gathering
- Zero 2 A Revision
- Zulu Squad No Tsukaima
Avatar: The Last Airbender / Legend of Korra
- In the Avatar: The Last Airbender fic Chasing The Dragon, there's Azula out-Manipulative-Bastarding her psychiatrist, ending in an absolutely fucking epic Hannibal Lecture (made possible by a first-rate Sherlock Scan) that makes the calm and arrogant doctor lose his cool and yell at her to shut up. Even when she's tied to a wheelchair in a mental hospital, you can not fuck with Azula.
- The Legend of Korra fic Dragon features the author's Origin Episode. Namely, it's an origin episode for how the Fire Nation came to be, why the air nomads became nomads, how Blue fire works and why only Azula seemed to have it, and ultimately how the lead villains of the series came to be. And it is awesome!
- In the Tortall/Torchwood crossover Guardian of the Gates both Jack and Ianto get CMOAs when the Graveyard Hag, a powerful trickster goddess tries to use Ianto as a bargaining piece to make Jack wipe out some alien refugees. Just prior to this, she claims the alien's will bring others if they live, Jack just laughs at her and shoots down her argument in 2 seconds flat. When she brings out Ianto, Jack tells him what is happening, and to the Graveyard Hags fury, Ianto tells him not to do it and walks out, with a parting snark attack.
Ianto: "I'm not in your jurisdiction. I came here of my own free will, and I can leave of it as well."
Graveyard Hag: "You have no power here."Jack: *draws revolver furiously* "Wanna bet? You wanna fight a man who can't die? Seriously? You may be a god, but let me tell you something; fighting me is the worst idea you could possibly have."
- This attempted manipulation also causes Jack to flip out, big time.
- The Doctor gets one in the Doctor Who/Firefly cross-over A Life Less Extraordinary' where he is pushed one inch too far:
"Yes, I think war is a fool's game. Yes, I believe life - all life - is precious. But tell me something, Vharaj - did you ever listen to my enemies' tales of me? If you did, it's obvious you weren't paying attention. The Daleks do not have emotion, Vharaj. They don't know fear. But do you know what they called me? Ka Faraq Gatri. It means 'Destroyer of Worlds'. I am the Bringer of Darkness, Vharaj. The Oncoming Storm. I've watched worlds and galaxies fall, and rise, and fall again. I fought the Vampires at the dawn of Creation, and I may yet witness the end of the Universe. I brought about the destruction of my own race, the deaths of my children, my grandchildren, my siblings, my friends, all in the name of peace, to save this Universe. So you tell me, Vharaj: what do you think I am capable of?"
- The Star Trek/Babylon 5 story A Thin Veneer has what almost seems like a Crowning Month of Awesome for Starfleet Captain Acaltha and a group of Klingon ships as their quite-possibly-deranged crews pin a Minbari strikeforce to the wall with a series of more and more deranged dirty tricks, including decoy Klingon 'ships', using weapons that were obsolete for decades to nasty effect, resonating the Minbari's hulls to overload their communications with Klingon opera and annoyingly cheerful J-Pop, and in the end, giving them the planet... that was abandoned before the Federation/Klingon task force ever showed up.
- In Burger Becky's Ranma 1/2/Sailor Moon/Terminator crossover ficTunnel Vision, there is a truly great Crowning Moment of Awesome when Ryoga takes down Skynet. Creating a readable story from that mashup, let alone the tour de force that is Tunnel Vision, is a CMoA for the author herself.
- In the Ben 10: Ultimate Alien/DC Universe Crossover "Lost Ones" Vilgax hires Slade to kill Ben, he decides to go after Gwen For the Evulz and she fights him on an even playing field, even though she gets the crap beat out of her. She counters his Breaking Speech about her guilt for killing the Forever Knights who murdered Kevin, culminating in an Actor Allusion with the words, "Shut up! Just shut up and leave me alone! I’m not some sad little girl you can control, you Manipulative Bastard!". Shortly after she gives Slade an Eye Scream with a pen through his empty right eye socket, and that was after she kneecapped him with a golf club. Considering the fact that Gwen and Terra are both played by Ashley Johnson, it's just so much more awesome.
- When Worlds Collide Series/ Sam Manson's disembodied consciousness leading Charles Xavier and the X-Men to almost certain doom against an army of various Dannys-turned-evil led by an omnipotent Dark Danny, and proceeding to win anyways, and then return Danny from death by sheer force of love counts, no matter how hideous his writing was at the time.
- The Wordverse is a giant crossover fanfic on the The Atomic Think Tank boards. The first story's final fight is John Preston (Equilibrium) and Batman vs V vs the League of Shadows and Ras Al-Gul. And that's the initial story, it gets better later on.
- Edward Elric gets one in Invert, a Fullmetal Alchemist/Harry Potter crossover. Bound by magic and being mindraped by Voldemort, Ed breaks Voldemort's concentration by calling up an image of the Gate of Truth, causing it to manifest for a few moments before fading out. In the distraction, Ed breaks Voldemort's grip on him and kicks him in the balls for good measure.
- Sherlock Holmes defeating Edward Cullen. Without any special powers. It just proved that Sherlock Holmes is a Badass Normal. Edward Cullen, the Vampire from Twilight. Getting his ass kicked by Sherlock Holmes. I can't stress that point enough.
- So, so many moments in I'm a Marvel... and I'm a DC, especially in the After Hours/Happy Hour series. Let's just start with a recent one: "You mess with Dafoe, you gots to go!"
- The Harry Potter/Iron Man crossover, Harry Potter and The Invincible TechnoMage, which features a Harry raised by Tony Stark. The Ministry of Magic tries to start a custody battle when they learn Harry's being raised by a muggle. Harry responds by threatening to "unleash the wrath of God on them". Ignoring what they see as an idle threat, they give him a court date. On the appointed date, Harry walks in, reminds them of his promise, and appologizes for not having been more specific as to which god. In walks Thor, who then uses the well known legal technique of "threaten to smite the mortals if they don't lay off your friend's kid".
- Cave Story VS I. M. Meen has many of these, but most notably this one from Jack:
"I am Jack. Woe is me for I am wrongfully imprisoned. I am Jack! Sad and unhappy am I without friends. BOO HOO!! BOO HOO HOO HOO!!! (blows snot into handkerchief and smears it all over the floor)"
"Emptiness wells up in my tortured soul. I'm going to...GOING TO...(vomits all over the floor)"
"I am Sue; I also am indeed BLEAUGH! (dumps mixture of random condiments and gross stuff on the floor)"
"I'm just Toroko but I'm gonna barf too, and the MUSTARD, MUSTARD BARF MUSTARD BARF!!! (dumps ketchup and mustard all over the floor)"
"(soaks hands with the combined mixture) BEHOLD the GOOEY SLOP of our SORROW! (smears it all over his face) IT IS...SLOBBER...DAMMERÜNG! THE TWILIGHT OF THE CONDIMENTS!!! (removes hands from face and screams to the heavens, palms facing skyward) WEEP FOR THEM, WEEP FOR THEIR SORROW-HO-HOHO-HOHH!!!"
- In Elsewhen, and Elsewhere, a Warhammer 40,000/Star Trek crossover, the Enterprise is captured by a group of Jem'Hadar. What the Jem'Hadar don't realize is that there's a couple squads of Space Marines on board. Hilarity Ensues.
- Men of War, a Gears of War/Halo fanfiction. Master Chief. Duel-wielding Troikas.
- Yeah, it has to be said. Two squads of Cogs are pinned in a room and being overrun by a literal army of wretches. The Chief literally drops in by crashing through the ceiling, and retrieves a flamethrower from a nearby weapons rack. Cue massive asswhooping.
- Master Chief kills a Berserker barehanded. By dropkicking it in the face.
- Not to be outdone, in the next chapter, an entire platoon of Cogs and two king ravens are getting their asses handed to them by a Brumak. An extra large one to boot, with upgraded weapons to match. During this time, the Chief was raiding the armoury for a Galilean Nonlinear Rifle. Also known as: The Spartan Laser. When he joins the fight, he takes out the Brumak with three shots.
- Chapter 20 of Grand Tour has several, being essentially a climactic battle to cap a particluarly screwy Mega Crossover (Ranma ˝, Star Trek, Lyrical Nanoha, Slayers, and Berserk). Most of the good guys get a crowning moment:
- Lina Inverse: nuking down a big chunk of the enemy force, including two members of the God Hand, with a single spell.
- Nanoha's reaction to said spell made that moment even more awesome.
- Nanoha reducing another of the God Hand to utter gibbering terror with the line "You should not have attacked my friends."
- Ranma and Ryoga both get moments, Ranma when he starts firebending and Ryoga when he pops a Hiryuu Shoten Ha - catching an utterly shocked Ranma in the area of effect.
- Guts and Gourry going toe-to-toe with Femto and taking the demon lord down in his own area of expertise - the sword.
- In Journey, the the DRB, an imperialistic evil counterpart to the TSAB, who have access to a not quite dead Queen Beryl and her youma as well, show up to conquer Earth. They end up fighting the JSDF, the TSAB, the Sailor Senshi, Hellboy, Evangeline, and the casts of both Ranma 1/2 and Black Lagoon. It... doesn't go well for them.
- Special mention for Sailor Moon's contribution at the end. told that an orbiting battleship is about to bombard the city, she uses the Millenium Silver Crystal to throw a shield over the city that stands up to three volleys. Each of which was hitting with one hundred twenty MEGATONNES of force. Not bad at all for a clumsy crybaby.
- The magical girl airdrop, ending in Subaru nailing a bad guy with a flying tackle to stop herself after rollerblading down from a couple thousand feet wasn't bad either.
- Lina Inverse: nuking down a big chunk of the enemy force, including two members of the God Hand, with a single spell.
- The Nanoha/Ranma ˝ crossover Nanoha 1/2 provides several.
Signum's mouth worked for a moment before she chuckled. "I do believe I like your little knight.""He grows on you." Fate smiled and had Bardiche load another cartridge.
- One is a threefold Crowning Moment to Ranma near the end of the Nanoha Classic arc, when Precia claims the last of the Jewel Seeds and starts on her Motive Rant to Fate and the TSAB. Moments after she starts talking, Genma notices that Ranma has disappeared from the Asura's bridge just as Lindy's troops move in to aprehend Precia. Precia, naturally, nukes the Red Shirts and keeps ranting, only for Ranma to make his reappearance. The AWESOME is how he slipped off the bridge, through the teleporter, and into the Garden of Time, dodged an area of effect spell potent enough to put down several squads of TSAB Space Marines and then escaped Precia's notice as long as he did. The FUNNY was stealing the Jewel Seeds literally out from under Precia's nose ("Yoink!") and then running away with them, Miyazaki Nodoka-style. The HEARTWARMING was how this affected Fate, who snaps out of the Heroic B.S.O.D. she'd been going into and manages to crack a smile despite everything she'd been put through in the last two minutes.
- Another is during the A's arc, on the desert world with the giant worms. Signum sets up a barrier to trap Fate and Ranma, and since Ranma can't fly, he's stuck as worm fodder. Of course, Ranma isn't Ranma if he doesn't find some crazy way to turn things around, and in this case, he applies his aptitude for movement magic to create a spatial hole and them sucker the worm through it. Ranma then spawns the hole's end point right in Signum's face. The knight's reaction?
- The Harry Potter/Lovecraft crossover "Gentleman Usher of the Scarlet Rod" has some good moments, but the true CMoA that comes to mind is when Harry explains his plan for dealing with C'thulhu's half-brother coming for him;
- Despite the fact that it's a Crossover Crack Fic, Deed manages to get one of her own in Time Loop when she Befriends Kodachi with her "Twin Blade Breaker"
- Zero vs Kira, this crossover fic is basically an epic win from the start, on behalf of our favorite Villain Protagonist Light. As soon as he teleported into Code Geass, first thing he does is to trick the guards, commander, and the scientist who is responsible of his presence to write their names and the commander's cause of death?
Light: It says "George Taurus: orders his men to write their names down in a book, will succumb to an overwhelm fear for his own life and will follow any command given in order to save himself, dies in 30 minutes."
- Harry Potter: Raven, a crossover fanfic of Harry Potter and Teen Titans, has one in Chapter 14, when the demon Axilano, who has unleashed an army of demons in Jump City and has been attempting to capture Harry Potter/Raven Azar for his master Trigon, finds himself on the receiving end of a massive ass-kicking. The original Titans, Terra, Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn, Dr. Light, Zatanna, Doctor Fate, Hawkgirl, Batman, Etrigan, and a Harry from another universe, most of them very pissed off at him for picking on Raven, proceed to beat on him like he owes them money. And who gets the final blow? Harley Quinn. The Omakes at the end of the same chapter probably qualify as Crowning Moment of Funny.
- The entirety of Edward Vs Edward, a Twilight/Fullmetal Alchemist crossover, is a CMoA for Edward Elric. Most of the dialogue is Edward Elric bashing Edward Cullen's insults with ease.
Edward Cullen: I'm practically perfect in every way.Edward Elric: I don't NEED to be perfect for people to like me. OR fall in love with me.Edward Cullen: I've got the most beautiful, perfect, delicious girl in the world. Her name is Bella Swan...Edward Elric: Heh, really? I thought her name was Mary Sue.
Armstrong: FOOL! These sparkles and this godlike figure have been PASSED DOWN THE ARMSTRONG LINE FOR GENERATIONS! This was my shtick before you even EXISTED, lover-boy!
Edward Cullen: Pfft. You're just a dumb anime character...Edward Elric: Well you're just a fake vampire - no, strike that. You're a carnivorous disco ball.
- And then Armstong comes along... and Edward C loses all composure of someone having more sparkle power than him.
- Finmonster asks, what if every comic book universe (Marvel, D.C., Darkhorse, Aliens, Predators, etc...) is in the same universe, then adds Harry Potter just because.This is the result. Has a way of giving each character at least one of these every fight scene too.
- For exapmle; in Chapter eleven Victor Von Doom is covered in third degree. And when the Hulk attacks him, what does he do? Why, he taunts him about how pathetic he is while holding his own against him! Of course, Hulk eventually manages to punch him across the country. Eventually. And that's just one of the CMOAs in that chapter.
- I once read a crossover between Halloween and Buffy the Vampire Slayer, where Michael ends up coming to Sunnydale and stalking Willow. Well, after a LONG series of events, Michael has trapped Willow in her school, and has already taken out Xander twice and managed to get the drop on Buffy. When Loomis shows up, he's got a plan. It basically boils down to bait Michael with Willow, then when he gets close enough STABS Micheal in the NECK WITH A SYRINGE FULL OF SEDATIVE, then savagely beating him to the floor via a pistol whipping. Your mileage may vary, but I liked it.
- In a Massive Multiplayer Crossover, when worlds collide, where anime characters fight the super heroes and villains of the DCU In the final battle in Gotham city, which is split halfway with Konoha, due to the worlds merging, Black Adam fights all of the Z-fighters, and wins easily. He even rips Tien's arm off.
- Earlier on, Black Adam fights every member of CP9 and slaughters them with ease.
- In the same fic, When grimmjow blows up part of a building to distract Superman, who has to hold it up, he continues to whale on Supes, proclaiming he's helpless. Then Superman tells him he doesn't need just his fist, and blast him away with his heat vision.
- And there's no link to this epic sounding fic because...?
- Seriously, anyone got a link to this?
- prodigy. This story is amazing, and not just for the fact that it's a crossover between, ahem: Harry Potter, Crime Scene Investigation, House MD, Grey's Anatomy, NUMB3RS, Psych, Law and Order:Special Victims Unit, Naval Criminal Investigative Services, and possibly even more. No, I'm not kidding. Nearly the entire story (Which is 140,841 words, if I may add.) is so awesome. Words don't describe it, while it does have the thin base of a lot of HP AU's (Harry Potter's twin is named BWL, Harry is ignored.) If runs away with it and crashes that idea into a building, then lights the building. This is easily a 'Crowning Moment of Funny' as well.
- The entirety of The Angel's Voice. Its a Doctor Who/Angel crossover... involving Sweet. Particular awesome are the duet between The Doctor and The Master as they clobber Daleks together, and the chorus number by The Doctor and his previous nine regenerations.
- In the Lyrical Nanoha / Mahou Sensei Negima! crossover fic, Equal and Opposite Attraction Negi, of course, gets one. After finding Hayate trapped in a Mind Rape dark dimension, he procedes to deliver one hell of a Badass Boast, channeling his inner Kamina, before obliterating said dark dimension with a Jack Rakan Signature Finisher, Eternal Negi Fever
Negi:"What in Davy Jones’ locker did ye just bark at me, ye scurvy bilgerat? I’ll have ye know I be the meanest cutthroat on the seven seas, and I’ve led numerous raids on fishing villages, and raped over 300 wenches. I be trained in hit-and-run pillaging and be the deadliest with a pistol of all the captains on the high seas. Ye be nothing to me but another source o’ swag. I’ll have yer guts for garters and keel haul ye like never been done before, hear me true. You think ye can hide behind your newfangled computing device? Think twice on that, scallywag. As we parley I be contacting my secret network o’ pirates across the sea and yer port is being tracked right now so ye better prepare for the typhoon, weevil. The kind o’ monsoon that’ll wipe ye off the map. You’re sharkbait, fool. I can sail anywhere, in any waters, and can kill ye in o’er seven hundred ways, and that be just with me hook and fist. Not only do I be top o’ the line with a cutlass, but I have an entire pirate fleet at my beck and call and I’ll damned sure use it all to wipe yer arse off o’ the world, ye dog. If only ye had had the foresight to know what devilish wrath your jibe was about to incur, ye might have belayed the comment. But ye couldn’t, ye didn’t, and now ye’ll pay the ultimate toll, you buffoon. I’ll shit fury all over ye and ye’ll drown in the depths o’ it. You’re fish food now, lad."
- The Code Geass/Bleach crossover Soul Chess has Lelouch, a mere 5th seat, save Renji, Momo, Izuru, and Hisagi from a menos by using a Kurohitsuji.
- The same fic has Lelouch beat Aizen by waiting until he's caught in Negacion and Geassing him to kill himself.
- As the author requested it, in Restructer Revolution, a Yugioh 5Ds and One Piece crossover, Yusei pulls one off by reviving Ace from dying.]
- Promises of a Wandering Hero: Emiya Shirou vs. Aoyama Motoko. It ends predictably, but the awesome moment is where Shirou FALCON PUNCHES Motoko's Ki Attack. Proof that you don't mess with the King of Fakers.
- The Kings In The Mountains has Gilgamesh wiping out most of the Reapers invading Earth on his own with Ea after delivering a Badass Boast and becoming their main target.
- Rogue vs. Dominatrix!Roll in X-Woman and Dominatrix.
- In Sephiroth Potter and the Order of the Phoenix Sephiroth!Harry critiques Umbridge's teaching style:
Sephiroth!Harry: So, you're saying that there are no vampires, werewolves, nundu, dementors or anything else out there in the world that wants to hurt us. I'd think someone that fought so hard to add new creature legislation would know better. Not only that, if our course is to be taught in this manner from here on, then you are crippling the Ministry and the economy. A NEWT in Defense is required for Auror training, Curse Breaking, and all sorts of other positions. Some of which you are asserting that we need to rely on to keep us safe. So, which is it? Are you a patriot – training us to meet and exceed the standards set by the Ministry, or are you a traitor – weakening it from within?(McGonagall reviews Harry's detention slip)Sephiroth!Harry: Yes, professor.
Sephiroth!Harry: You wanted my blood, Madam Umbridge. Now, what do you propose to do with it?
- If her hysterical laughter as soon as he left her office is any indication, McGonagall thought it was Actually Pretty Funny
- Then there's the detention itself when Umbridge uses a Blood quill on Sephiroth!Harry and his blood melts his desk and congeals into a Shadow Creeper.
- In the Simpsons/Futurama crossover Fast Forward the Planet Express crew are testing their new equpment after Zorax's defeat when the Simpsons walk up to them.
- Bart: You think that's cool? Can yours do this? HIT IT!!
- Cue electro-whips emerging from Lisa's suit, rocket skates from Bart's, from Homer's a freaking massive cannon and from Marge's an enormous forcefield!! All that Transformers-style!
- Fate/Black Reflection. Ichigo Kurosaki vs. Saber. Getsuga Tenshou vs. Excalibur. The end result is a stalemate.
- Pokemon Lelouch of the Rebellion has Lelouch discoving that Mao's Telepathy doesn't work "if the only thought in [Lelouch's]] head is Kill! Lelouch's plan? Use a ninjask (which grows faster every turn), making it use Rage then spamming swords dance (increases attack) and double team (increases evasion) and then forgetting about it via geass. After all his other pokemon faint, ninjask uses baton pass on Lelouch, massively increasing Lelouch's speed, attack, and evasion while driving him berserk, then he also remembers the knife in his hand.
- Puella Stellae Madoka Magica: All hail God Empress Madoka!
- In New Guard, Xander saves a woman and her child from a burning building by taking them to the roof and slowly flying down. While he'd already saved a plane from crashing earlier as Superman, this is the first time he's consciously used his new powers to help someone as well as the first time he's deliberately flown.
- Loba's a story in which instead of growing up in an orphanage, Emma Swan was taken in by a Makai village and ended up becoming a Makai Knight, a feat in of itself due to a lack of female Knights. Not only this, but because of how she's raised, she winds up being the Agent Mulder rather than the Agent Scully. The moment comes in when this change, combined with several others (such as how her life is now that she's a Makai Knight), culminates in a very different conversation with Regina in which she winds up making Regina stutter. Just so we're clear, this is Regina we're talking about, and for almost all of Season 1, she was untouchable. Because of a few, tiny tweaks, Emma manages to push Regina's buttons and wind up breaking her within the first encounter. However, that isn't to say Regina doesn't go down without a fight. After all, she has no idea what she's capable of.
- Harry Potter and the Grand Trainer Tournament gives us an epic ending to the First Task. Harry has already gone and is watching Iris compete against Lance and his Dragonite when Voldemort is secret releases a horde of nanobots into the arena that target everyone. Lance is knocked unconcious and looks to be a goner only for Jack Kenway (his friend-turned-rival) to leap into the arena and defend his body while Dragonite moves to try and save Iris. Harry quickly figures out how to create an electrical explosion and then fuses with his Hoothoot to rescue Jack and Lance. Outside the stadium everyone watches as Harry bursts out of the explosion clutching Lance, Iris riding Dragonite, and Jack on the back of his Bravairy, escaping just in time.
- Ace Garfield 04: Shattered Lasagna gives us a CMOA when Garfield leaps out of his plane, spinning piledrives a nuclear cruise missile out of the sky, and uses the damn nuclear explosion to Rocket Jump back into his plane! Even better, the explosion eliminates the enemies pursuing him at the time.
- A Wizard Among Bats shows Batdad springing into action when Dick brings his cousin Harry Potter at Wayne Manor after realizing how bad the kid was abused by the Dursleys. When Dumbledore comes to take Harry back, Bruce bluntly shares his intention to adopt the teen, calls the wizard on the mistakes he made trying to keep the boy safe and announces he will help to destroy Voldemort's Soul Jar while protecting his new charge.
"I would like to make one thing very clear, Albus. While Harry's safety is my number one priority, he will not be returning to that house. He will be staying with me and my family. I do not think I asked for your opinion on this."
- In Right Place, Right Time, Ryoga Hibiki gets so lost he arrives in the Dragon Ball Z universe right as Androids 19 and 20 are about to fight Yamcha... And, hopelessly outclassed, takes them down anyway:
- Upon realizing how strong 19 is, Ryoga starts blasting him with the Shishi Hōkōdan to no apparent effect, as 19 could absorb the energy... Then 19 suddenly has an emotional breakdown from absorbing too much depression-fueled ki. Last 19 is seen, he's been turned into a depressed poet, and so bad at it that Tenshinhan seriously considers that Trunk's warning was about that.
- After 19's demise, 20 obviously flips out and mauls Ryoga, with Yamcha's intervention only blasting away his hat... And exposing his brain case. One Bakusai Tenketsu later, Ryoga tore 20's brain out of its case.
- In Daria fanfic, Jim Vitale (especially when written by Scissors MacGillicutty) and Black Majesty (when written by Roentgen). The pinnacle of the Big Bad, both are superb examples of the Manipulative Bastard who lives by The Plan- and while Black Majesty is probably someone who Escaped from Hell, Vitale is a fusion of Bunny-Ears Lawyer and Badass Normal with his own CatchPhrases (anyone who he calls 'asshat' is in for a world of 'ow', people he calls 'sport' should watch their backs, and as he says, 'the law is just what lawyers do with it'), his own version of the Kubrick Stare, a Compelling Voice and takes any woman in sight that he wants - because All Girls Want Bad Boys, and he's a amped-up version of Draco in Leather Pants.
- Chapter 12:6 of the Daria fanfic series 'Legion of Lawndale Heroes' - 'Bop 'Til You Drop' - features an all-out battle between the Legionnaires and their Darker and Edgier conterparts - the team of young superheroes known as ' The Alliance ', and is a dictionary of CMoAs:
- Deadpan Snarker Jane Lane (who has magnetic powers) despite being seriously wounded, manages to go toe-to-toe with a young woman with Kryptonian powers and at one point, nearly tears her skeleton from her body by giving the woman's body and skeleton differing charges, allowing the Earth's magnetic field to do the heavy work... Ouch.
- Subverted when resident Butt-Monkey Tom Sloane, who has powers equal to a Kryptonian, charges the other side's resident Flying Brick and deals a punch that causes nuclear-level effects in a straight line behind the girl for over a mile... and when the smoke clears, she is standing there, unaffected. To cap off the Humiliation Conga, she drop-kicks him over the nearert river, almost as an afterthought.
- And then inverted when the Flying Brick decides to try a Badass Boast: 'I just want to hear three words from you two. 'We give up.' Quinn Morgendorffer, who is the resident Badass Adorable of the Legionnaires (and shows that Lightning Can Do Anything) kicks up her Power Levels to WAAAAAAY insane levels and becomes a walking BFG that vaporizes her in one shot as she does her own Badass Boast: 'You get one. 'Bang'.
- Badass Adorable Sandi Griffin (who Took a Level in Badass during the course of the series and is now the team's resident badass} - though Tiffany Blum-Deckler, while seeming to compete for the badass title, is more of a Sociopathic Hero) gets two. First, when facing off against the other teams best fighter - a girl who's also a ninja - Reality Ensues when, instead of fighting her, she simply triplicates and shoots her in the face three times - each of her three bodies fires. Later, when surrounded by four of the most powerful and dangerous members of the other team, the ninja says to her, 'Don't you know that when you're surrounded by four people like us, it means that you should give up right then and there?' Her response - just before detonating her weapon (thereby blowing up herself, her adversaries and a BIG chunk of the mall they're fighting in), is 'Don't you know that when you hear the sound of my zipper unzipping, it means that you can suck my-! '
- Original character David Allen Farrington, who's sporting some serious Psychic Powers (like Daria Morgendorffer herself, but his are turned Up to Eleven because he also has interactive powers like telekinesis - plus, he's a walking BFG), gets a couple himself. First, When he and Daria are having a tag-team bout of A God Am I by both tapping into cosmic forces, he defeats her by giving her a kiss - causing the cosmic power to withdraw from her instantly in a literal case of a Slap-Slap-Kiss. Then, when the rest of the Legionnaires come after him, he gets a little bit Drunk on the Dark Side (although some would say that it's more a literal case of This Is Your Brain on Evil) and starts cleaning house - starting with Quinn, who he tells, '' 'This is the part where you go 'Ow'.' '' It gets worse until he's talked back down by The Power of Friendship.
- Even though the entire battle happens in Cyberspace, and nobody really got hurt, doesn't make it all any less awesome.
- In the Daria fanfic 'Emancipation', Daria gets one when she goes to buy her sister a chicken dinner, and a guy attempts to mug her right in front of the restaurant. Before anyone inside can do anything - not to mention the mugger - Daria's Damsel Fight-and-Flight Response totally fails her, instead making her momentarily Ax-Crazy as she takes her Doc Martens to each of his knees and then kicks him in the face... leaving a perfect print of her boot's sole on his forehead.
- Another Daria fic, Turnabout Confusion is just one CMOA after another as it chronicles the epic Gambit Pileup to determine the most popular girl in school. Plus the fic itself, which started out as just a silly story where Daria and Quinn bet on who can survive the other's lifestyle the longest and soon morphed into an incredibly ambitious and complicated story with apparently little forward planning, and despite that everything fits together perfectly like one big clockwork puzzle.
- Speaking of authorical Crowning Moments of Awesome, the entire series of Titan Legends seems to serve as a CMoA for those who write it. Especially the endings of some of the more heated arcs.
- There are plenty of character CMoAs, though. Like when The OC Savior stabs himself through the heart with a magic sword in order to activate its true power and banish Trigon back to hell.
- The canon characters get them too. In one story, after defeating a crazed Knight Templar, Beast Boy who is a catholic, as in the comics, tells the religious fanatic that he's only going to hear four words when he meets God: "I don't know you."
- Post's gigantic Teen Titans fic, These Black Eyes has OC Noir, who has at this point been kicked out of the Titans after Slade framed him as his Third Apprentice and had been marked with a microchip which Slade could activate and easily kill him at any time, going in to save the Titan's asses. When Slade tries to activate the chip, Noir shows how he got rid of it: by slicing off his own arm. He then proceesed to kill the bastard and save his friends. Hell Yeah.
- Don't forget chapter 249 Dagger's forces are pursuing Robin and Noir, who end up unintentionally leading them into a ambush by the US Army, who were warned in advance by Lex Luthor, and were waiting for Dagger's men to attack.
- The Digimon fic It's A Grand Old Team to Play For, which has Tai Kamiya playing for Glasgow Celtic has two in chapters 6 and 7. The first is when Tai passes to his teammate—who he hated for some time—and the teammate scores to beat Manchester United and the second is when Tai himself scores twice in two minutes to help his team win.
- The lack of Digimon Tamers AU Inner Demons Phase One offends me. For optimum awesome, please see Takato's speech and the subsequent evolution from chapter 20. Fore warning, the fic is being rewritten, so updates won't be for a time.
- There's a Phineas and Ferb fanfic called "Doof Wins" in which Irving of all people gets one. Doofenshmirtz is preparing to disintegrate Perry The platypus when Irving shows up and assumes he wants to harm Phineas and Ferb. Then he jumps into the air and punches Doof in the face, destroys the combine-inator (Long Story), and unfreezes Perry who then precedes to give Doof a severe beating. Yes Irving just single handily saved the day. Wow.
- In Kuann's Disney fic The Merging of Worlds: Night of Ashes, Atticus is an atheist boy who, for some reason, attends a Catholic school. He is critical of the monks and religion, saying they sit on their pulpits all day long preaching God, but never allow for the fact they might be wrong. When Atticus meets the head of the school, Father Joseph, he loses his temper and tells him that the prefects have no interest in his programs, and they plan to do nothing with their lives but join the War and die after graduating from school. He tells Father Joseph he preaches perfection, but is blind to the reality around him. Atticus is then shocked to see that Father Joseph isn't phased at all. He calmly gives Atticus this breathtaking "The Reason You Suck" Speech:
''Your passion has done little to change my perception of you, young man, other than to make me realize that you truly believe in foolishness. That is a shame all the more; your father said you were intelligent. You have said enough. I have a high tolerance, but my patience is depleted in the case of your "righteous" crusade. You claim of yourself what you like, but you are no different than the myriad of children that have preceded you. I am well aware that the passion for academics does not exist in the vast majority of my students; not even those before me now. But the difference between them and those that are like you is that they live their life with their own purpose and meaning, no matter the pointlessness of that goal. There have been many like you, Atticus, and you are not the last that will come to me before I pass on. They may lack your details, your acuity, even your bravery, but they all have one thing in common: their dissatisfaction. Boys like you exist for no other purpose than crush the beliefs of others, to make them squirm with gifts of intellect or courage. It may work with the young men that surround you, but not with me, and not with my brothers in Christ. We know who we are; that is a solidarity that you will never touch." Atticus is left utterly speechless.
- If you don't gain a profound sense of respect and awe for Aziraphale after reading the Good Omens fanfic Be Ye Therefore Merciful, you aren't entirely human. Standing between Death and your 6000-year-old demon friend, preventing the first from getting to the latter by sheer willpower alone? And then persuading Death to overlook your friend because of the giant bureaucratic headache you'll cause for him if he decides to take you first or charge you with protecting the Enemy? That's the ultimatest sign of true friendship (love?) if there ever was one.
- Aziraphale gets another moment of awesome at the climax of When Summoning, Please Watch The Wording. Long story short, some wannabe Satanists have crossed the Moral Event Horizon in truly nasty fashion and then mock Zirah for being the "pathetic lackey of a dead god". At which point Zirah shows them exactly how "pathetic" good can be:
Aziraphale's expression was like thunder. "Come to me, my child," he said, his tone as cutting as diamonds. "And I will show you a true wonder of a miracle!"
- There are a lot of them in Arrangements, such as Crowley and Gabriel are trapped by Lucifer and left to the mercy of a group of human demons. Aziraphale, Castiel, Sam, and Dean are in the same building and fighting hordes of other human demons to get to them, but will never get there in time. Crowley, who at this point is trapped by holy fire and unable to help Gabriel physically, promptly flips out and stops the human demons by transforming into an Eldritch Abomination and driving pure, unadulterated terror straight into their minds. He then goes on to do the same thing to every single human demon in the building, effectively ending the fight without ever leaving his prison. And this is after he'd spent most of the fic being the Non-Action Guy. The chapter is very aptly titled Big Damn Heroes.
Fear was something else. Fear was something uniquely, terribly human, an immovable part of the psyche. And Crowley was the Serpent of Eden. The first demon humanity ever met. The only reason they had primal fears was because he'd put them there.
- The first novel of Dumbledore's Army and the Year of Darkness is, essentially, one long Crowning Moment for Neville Longbottom.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners and resident Badass Bookworms Michael Corner and Terry Boot have many throughout the novel. In fact, as soon as one (or both) of them make an appearance in the novel, you know that something is going to happen. And it's going to be awesome. Pity that neither of them survived the final battle.
- There's also poor Dennis Creevey, who never said a word after realising his parents were dead, until one of the Death Eaters, Rudolphus Lestrange, killed his older brother, Colin. Dennis then proceeds to put his wand through Lestrange's eye, and yell "AVADA KEDAVRA YOU SON OF A BITCH!!!
- Viktor Krum had one as well. When Hannah Abbott and Neville Longbottom realize that the Weasley family is not in their home and wrongly assume they were captured, they disguise themselves as Death Eaters and are caught and sentenced to execution. Percy Weasley witnesses their trial and contacts Ludo Bagman, who contacts Krum, who flies non-stop from Bulgaria to England, takes Polyjuice to switch out with Percy, and then proceeds to spirit Neville and Hannah away while the two of them blast through the doors. Bonus points for this little exchange:
Hannah: But why? Why risk your life for us?Krum: You are Hufflepuff, yes? Like Cedric?Hannah: Yes.Krum: Then you know vy.
- Ah, hell, the entire story is just packed with Crowning Moments for just about all of the characters involved.
- Sluagh, the sequel to the above mentioned "Dumbledore's Army..." has more Crowning Moments of Awesome than the original Harry Potter series combined. Seamus Finnigan, in particular, has become a serious Anti-Hero, as well as Taken A Level In Badass to a whole new degree. For anyone who was disappointed by the Big Bad of the original series being taken down with an Expelliarmus, this time the - much nastier, IMHO - bad is taken out in a last-ditch wager where the fate of the world rests on a knife fight to the death. "You want to live, I just want you to die." Made of Win.
- Harry Potter and the Nightmares of Futures Past, chapter 27. Lucius Malfoy has just lost his house-elf Dobby and is pissed at Harry because of it. He spins towards Harry, ready to curse him with his wand...and stops. "Because an inch from the end of his nose was the end of Harry's wand, rock steady even with his arm at full extension. Five other wands were out as well, as a handful of children silently threatened to hex him and his son if they made another move." There are several others throughout the series, but that one always stands out to me.
- Stealing Harry by Sam-Stroyteller on Lj. "Summary: As with all good "what if?"s, the premise hinges on the smallest thing: what if Sirius was delayed just that much in going to meet Pettigrew after Lily and James were killed—so that Pettigrew used another—Lucius Malfoy—as the murder scapegoat? What if Sirius and Remus obeyed Dumbledore's injunction to let Harry grow up in the protection of the Dursley household—until they could stand it no longer, when Harry was eight years old? " CMoA? In the SECOND CHAPTER, when Remus and Sirius take Harry away from the Dursley's. They both tell them off.
- And again, in Laocoon's Children Book Two, where Tonks gives Tom Riddle a verbal whipping while standing in the Chamber of Secrets. Puny Half-Blood indeed.
- In the Harry Potter Fan Fic "The Lie I've Lived" after the Dementor fight at the end of Book 3, Harry finds out that, when his dad died, he got all of his memories. After that discovery, Harry becomes steadily more badass as the story progresses.
- After the summer is over, Harry is, of course, put in the Triwizard tournament again. In one chapter, he sneaks onto the Durmstrang ship, where they keep a Geist. Not a mischevious prankster like Peeves, but a full blown demonic entity formed from the fear and dark magical 'residue' of the school and the boat. He gets away from it, which angers the Geist. Later, the Geist chases him and Fleur into the Forest. Harry stays there and stalls the Geist, while Fleur goes to get help...From the HOGWARTS GHOSTS. What follows is a medieval style smackdown. The Bloody Baron with a CLAYMORE, the Fat Friar with a giant cudgel, Peeves (who is somewhat demonic), and to top it all off, Professor Binns, whaling on the Geist with his fists.
- One of the ten tasks of the Triwizard Tournament (yeah, it's expanded in the fic) is to solve a puzzle room and retrieve a dagger, using whatever potions you brew and objects you enchant that you can bring in beforehand. One competitor has a phasing belt. Another has a crossbow armed with an arrow that has an articulated hand. Harry has... a bandolier full of explosive potions and A FRIGGIN' GOLEM, with which he proceeds to nearly destroy the room and win swiftly.
- Another task, a variation on the second in the original, sees Harry and Hermione riding a rhino conjured by Harry in order to make it to the finish line the fastest.
- In Fate's Gambit by robst, a nine year old Harry leaves the Dursley's with the help of Fate (It Makes Sense in Context). However, no one knows where he's gone and so both the Muggle and Wizarding worlds assume the Dursley's killed him. It soon gets out that Dumbledore is the one who put Harry there in the first place, causing him to fall HARD from grace. Cue eight year old Ginny Weasley, who is in Diagon Alley at the same time as Dumbledore to return a book of falsified stories about Harry Potter's supposed real life adventures. However upon seeing Dumbledore, Ginny proceeds to, as the text says, 'express the wizarding world's opinion of Dumbledore' by hurling the hardcover book at him with enough force to break his nose. Even though Harry's not dead, it's still pretty awesome.
- These two stories, Harry Potter and the Unexpected Visitor and Prodigy (yep, he is a big fan of the Harry Potter Canon couples). The author, despite not being a native, can nonetheless write with better grammar than many English and American people in Fanfiction.net, and has managed to write two scenes which are quite good Crowning Moment of Awesome in my opinion:
- In The Unexpected Visitor, chapter 25, Dementors and Death Eaters attack Hogsmeade while the students are there. Harry Potter takes charge of the situation while the Order of the Phoenix and the Ministry Aurors arrive, and he contributes a lot to the defence of the town. However, the CMoA comes when, after realising that there are very few Patroni (plural of Patronus) still around and several hundreds of Dementors, he makes up a charm on the spot that absorbs the still living Patroni and transforms them into creatures of fire of different colours that utterly destroy the Dementors, freeing all the souls they have Kissed.
- In Prodigy, chapter 11, Quirrell decides, instead of freeing the troll on the dungeons, to send it directly into the Great Hall to cause as much harm as possible as well as distracting Dumbledore. The troll arrives just when Harry and his friends (Ron, Hermione and Neville) are getting out of the Great Hall, thus encountering him right on the door (this scene is told from Harry, Albus Dumbledore, Sirius Black and Molly Weasley). Just when the troll is going to smash them with its club, Harry, on instinct, manages to cast a magical shield that not only stops the club, but utterly destroys it into tiny pieces, and then gets his friends to scatter. Then, the troll charges Hermione, but Ron manages to push her to a side just in time for the troll to go head on the wall, although Ron breaks his leg in the process. Neville uses a Jelly-Legs Jinx on the troll powerful enough to affect it, and then Harry manages to turn the troll into tiny chunks of burned out flesh and blood using one charm. But the CMoA hasn't finished yet! Later, Voldemort (who is now wandering around in spirit form, Quirrell having been killed by Fluffy) attempts to possess Harry, trying to steal his body. However, Harry, aided by Magic (a personification of all the magic in the world, acting much like Gaia would do) and by the Sorting Hat, manages to keep Voldemort out of his mind and then, confronting him, kicks him out of his mind in a move that also doubles as Crowning Moment of Funny.
- In Harry Potter and the Guardian's Light, a troll is attacking Hermione, and what does Harry do? He climbs onto its back and cuffs it in the ear. And the troll feels it! Better, it's implied that Harry learned to hit from his abusive uncle!
- Argus Filch eats these for breakfast. Why is a squib the caretaker for a school full of wizards? Just ask Voldemort. He's seen Filch's work first hand.
- Also, when Harry gets the power of the starheart and beats the snot out of Voldemort.
- The absolutely wonderful Harry Potter fic The Moment It Began begins with a CMOA: Severus Snape, given the chance to go back and re-live his life starting from the day he pushed Lily away, not only never says "Mudblood", but hands James and Sirius their asses when they let their guard down, more than paying them back for every time they tortured him in his first life. It also ends with the most awesomely ironic death ever: Voldemort gets shot in the back of the head by Severus's reformed father, Tobias, in full Papa Wolf mode.
- Harry's method of dealing with the troll on Halloween in Harry Potter and the Three Rules. He slits it's throat. Later he and Hermione return to the Gryffindor common room and everyone sees Harry completely covered in blood.
George: "What happened?"Harry: "The troll found Hermione. Then I found the troll."Harry: "I think I need a shower. Save me a jacket potato, will you?"
- All of Chapter 19 of Enveloped in the Darkness but especially Harry and Voldemort's revenge on Marcus Flint for his attempted murder of Draco Malfoy.
Voldemort: Now, we turn our focus to who committed this insult. I want you to find them. I want you to hurt them. And I want you, Harry, to set an example. No one fucks with me or anyone under my command.
- Hermione's first Quidditch game in Harry Potter and the Wand of Uru. Hermione clotheslines Flint for mocking her hockey pads, dual-clotheslines Higgs with Harry (knocking him out of the game), and kicks Derrick out of the sky when he tries to attack her.
Flint: "Fucking mudblood trash, polluting our game with her muggle sports shit."Hermione: "Come down here and say that to my face, you snaggle-toothed bastard. I'll fuck your inbred arse the hell up!"
- In Silens Cursor's fic Renegade Cause, Chapter 35 (the invasion of Azkaban by Voldemort's amassed army) is rife with Moments of Awesome. Between Tonks' brutal and bloody battle with a traitorous Auror, Sirius 300-kicking Bellatrix down a flight of stairs, the desperate charge of the Azkaban guards against a horde of escapees and werewolves led by Fenrir Greyback himself, and the epic stalling fight between Voldemort and a vastly-outclassed Kingsley Shacklebolt, it's a chapter to be remembered as epic and awesome.
- Thirty H's. All of it.
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality is virtually littered with these. From his mind alone making the sorting hat sentient (and the ensuing discussion), to blackmailing Dumbledore and Snape in his first week, to a lightsaber duel in a fight between magic armies, to three betrayals in less than a minute, ending in a quadruple agent committing suicide, to Harry breaking the law of tranfiguration thoruhg sheer science and willpower, to Harry making and using a rocket assisted broomstick (complete with "this is my BROOMSTICK"), to him killng a troll by untransfiguring his fathers rock inside it's head, to him scaring a dementor by saying "BOO" at it. The awesome never ends.
- The Harry Potter/Pokemon Fusion Fic Harry Potter: Pokemon Master Series has a ton of these, including:
- Book 1, Voldemort is defeated by Ron, who freezes Quirell's head in an ice block
- Book 2, Neville and Harry racing to save Luna and Ginny from the Ravenclaws that were picking on Luna.
- Bonus points to Percy, of all people, who goes full on Papa Wolf when he discovers what happened to Ginny and begins yelling at the professors.
- Book 3 has Peter who, rather than being a traitor, remained loyal and died saving Sirius' life
- Book 4 has Harry, Iris, and Jack Kenway escape one of Voldemort's traps by flying out of an exploding stadium.
- Harry Potter and the Prince of Slytherin:
- Luna's mother's death was due to using a forbidden spell to make the entire world forget the existence of an extremely rare ability Luna has which would've resulted in her being carted off by the Unspeakables and pressed into the Ministry's service at eight, never to see or be seen by her family again.
- During an attempt by a mob family to assassinate Blaise Zabini Hagrid's cousin Gunther takes several bullets to the chest before breaking one gunman's jaw, backhanding the other and biting off and eating the wand hand of the only other wizard involved in the altercation, spitting out the mangled remains of his wand afterwards.
- Kingdom of Chaos, a Kingdom Hearts fic set after Chain Memories (written before Kingdom Hearts 2) has a wonderful Crowning Moment at the hands of Larxene. The Organization has been betrayed and hung out to dry by Axel (whose convoluted plot to restore his heart to him has just succeeded) and most of their members have been killed by a Deadly Upgraded Sora. About all that's left is Marluxia, who takes Axel to task for his betrayal and starts kicking his ass. Finally Axel is on his last legs and, as Marluxia delivers the killing blow, Larxene, combining a Heroic Sacrifice and a CMOA teleports into the space between Axel and Marluxia's scythe, saving him at the cost of her own life. Marluxia is so astonished that he offers Axel an elixr that can save her life en exchange for his surrender.
- Proving that there is always the other 10% that's So Cool, It's Awesome, the Kingdom Hearts Slash High School A.U. fanfic Boys contains a major one for Sora in chapter 20: The Day I Tried To Live. The fic deals (professionally) with the difference between real and fake, the importance of owning up to what you are rather than fighting it, and the connections between the two. Sora finally reaches a conclusion on the matter, and kisses Riku right on the lips in the middle of the senior hall, thereby proclaiming his acceptance of the story's events and indicating how little he cares about anyone who has a problem with them. It's written and presented so that the response, even for the most devoted of Yaoi Fangirls, is not to Squee!, but to stand up and cheer.
- Those Lacking Spines contains a truckload deal of these such as Larxene's Roaring Rampage of Revenge.
- The final battle in the Kingdom Hearts fic Omega Dawn. The entirety of the battle is a continous CMOA, but the real thing happens when Kairi regains her Princess of Heart powers and Riku getting all maximum power: after Kairi delivered a In the Name of the Moon speech, she drops the hammer (summoned literally from the Hammer Space, made of pure light, surrounded with flames from Riku's keyblade) against the cowering Ruxik.
- http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Awesome/AnnalsOfDarkness contains many such moments including Kairi fighting her master and winning by unlocking a new form of her Keyblade and it turns out half her bones had already been broken from a previous attack.
- The Shocker Legit is one great big long Crowning Moment for C-List supervillain Herman Shultz, aka the eponymous Shocker. Particularily memorable moments include:
- Herman's assessment of superhero banter from the viewpoint of a many-time loser supervillain.
- Herman defeating master assassin Bullseye via exploiting the weakness of his adamantium laced bones. And then when Bullseye refuses to stop laughing at him, utilizing his vibrating gauntlets to literally explode Bullseye's gentitals. Which seems immensely harsh, unless you know what kind of a man Bullseye is.
- Some fortunate timing and circumstances causing Spider-Man to think Herman has somehow scored with his ex-girlfriend, the ultra-attractive Black Cat.
- Doing so about twenty chapters later. Under a series of plot circumstances so that the concept by then seems feasible rather then if you just posed the concept on its face.
- This line:
Shocker: "...being a meta with no direction in New York in the Eighties? Bad times: the Sentinel Program, Galactus's second and third visits, the Green Goblin's reign of terror, Ghost Rider, the Scourge of the Underworld, the Avengers going from seven members to seven hundred (I think I could've joined and they wouldn't have even noticed)..."
- Herman showing mob boss/supervillain Hammerhead what happens if you push someone just a touch too far with your dismissive arrogance.
- Secondary character Martin Blank aka the Gibbon gets one when he successfully steals the armor of the Crimson Dynamo in mid-fight.
- Which happens when a few hundred supervillains and mercenaries are trying to claim a massive bounty on the Shocker's head for the shit he's stirred up. Shocker, with a little help from some friends he's picked up and a tricked-out hideout, survives. That may not seem like much, except when you recall he was being hunted by a FEW HUNDRED SUPERVILLAINS AND MERCENARIES. AT ONCE.
- Despite being surprised by Scorpia, an assassin, Herman defeats her in an elevator and causes her to cut off her own arm. The elevator is covered with blood and is starting to flood. The door opens. Two old ladies are waiting for the elevator. Herman's reaction?
Shocker: "Bitch wouldn't cook me dinner."
- Herman himself states that The Rhino once had one when he told The Kingpin that he refuses to act as an assassin.
- The moment that Shocker proves he really did invent his suit and gauntlets to Tony Stark was awesome. Stark and Reed Richards spent the entirety of their appearance up to then convinced that Shocker couldn't possibly have really invented the suit and gauntlets, that he MUST have stolen them from someone smarter. The moment that Stark realises that Shocker did invent them, and Shocker replies with a smug smile "That's right" was just great to see.
- Polarity is a Marvel fanfic focusing on the Shocker in a world where the dead are coming back to life as the slow, shuffling brand, and his attempts to "do the right" thing during the crisis.
- To start, the event that kicks off Shocker's face turn, when he and the Rhino save a group of three people from a besieged 7-11 AND manage to escape from Hawkeye, who thought they were taking hostages. And the whole thing is caught on tape, uploaded to Youtube to get around a media blackout orchestrated by Norman Osborn. Later in the story, Shocker finds out that his and Rhino's video inspired other villains to do the same thing, forgoing attempts to take advantage of the chaos and working to save civilians.
- See Chapter 21, "One Shots," for examples of Doctor Octopus, the Wizard, Deadpool, and many more doing just this.
- Ms. Marvel gets one near the end of the tale, starting with the line "...I think she just hit terminal velocity."
Ms Marvel: "You wanted the Avengers. Well, you got one. Come on, Electro. I've got a package for you, special delivery. Sign on the dotted line so I can hand you your ass."
- Ares. On the firing line of SHIELD's last line of defense. Mowing down a horde of zombies. While dual-wielding M61 Vulcan mini-guns. The mini-guns they put on helicopters.
- Just to bring it to absurd levels of awesome, he's scoring headshots with every shot from those miniguns. He has to be braced by Ms Marvel while firing.
- The whole of "Polarity" is a long, slow-building story of redemption for Herman Schultz in the face of the world's end, with several CMoAs for the long time butt monkey.
Osborn waved a hand in my direction. "You're nothing more than a common thug who decided to do the right thing for once, Schultz. That doesn't clean the slate of all the crimes you committed, Herman. One day as a lion does not balance out a lifetime as a jackal."Under my mask, I raised an eyebrow. Oh, thank you for hubris. "You're right, Norman. Absolutely right. All the good things I've done don't matter a lick compared to the bad. You're the expert on that topic, aren't you, Green Goblin?" If it wasn't for the persistent hum, you could have heard a pin drop. I think Ms. Marvel let out a low whistle at the comment.
- The moment when Herman : stops the living dead from coming back to life by giving : the Darkhold a Kirk Summation : and uses the theory of electrical resistance to shut down the brain of every single zombie on the planet.
- To start, the event that kicks off Shocker's face turn, when he and the Rhino save a group of three people from a besieged 7-11 AND manage to escape from Hawkeye, who thought they were taking hostages. And the whole thing is caught on tape, uploaded to Youtube to get around a media blackout orchestrated by Norman Osborn. Later in the story, Shocker finds out that his and Rhino's video inspired other villains to do the same thing, forgoing attempts to take advantage of the chaos and working to save civilians.
- Avengers fanfic Legends is made of this. Every time somebody dies, or almost dies, or dies in a flashback, is either this or a CMOH. Stan Lee gets one in the first chapter without even appearing, and then in the last chapter Grant Morrison and Alan Moore get theirs, Beating up Quesada. But it really picks up in the climax, starting in Chapter Six; In Which Things Get Serious, and ending in Chapter Nine; In Which It Is Clobbering Time. The alternate title is Chapter Nine; In Which There Is Much Awesomeness. I'm not kidding you here, and niether is the title.
- Daredevil killing the Kingpin WITH HER EYES!
- IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIIIIIIIIME!
- Thunderstrike calls in the Cavalry
- It is revealed Arcade managed to kill Doom in one of his traps, thus imitating him for a long period of time, and finally getting most heroes depowered and killed when he used Doom's final plan. When Arcade finally dies, Doom reveals he is overlord of HELL ITSELF and begins a millenia of vengeful torture, finishing on the line "I! AM! DOOM!".
- Not a Typical Civil War gets one when Doom reveals that he manipulated the entire superhero community into going to war brags about how he is going to kill their families, and unleash every Supervillain in 42 to kill them in a desperate fight for their lives, and how when the whole ordeal is over he won't have to take over the world because the world will be begging him to take over. When told by Iron Man that there was no way they would let this plan succeed, he subverts his villain monologueing and reveals that while he was distracting them with the grand reveal he was pumping an undetectable gas into the room so when the villains came to tear them to pieces they'd be helpless.
- This is followed by Spider-Man, who was hit with the same gas as everybody else, perserveres through sheer force of will and beats up almost every super villain in 42. He proceeds to go on for another chapter, sustained solely by concern for his family.
- In earlier chapters, the author decides to provide his definition of awesome. Wolverine proceeds to grow sixty feet tall and eat Nitro. You have to admit, that was pretty awesome.
- Speedball. Just Speedball.
- To clarify, Speedball beats Dr. Doom into a bloody pulp, and then takes out the Sentry with a tape recorder.
- Namor broke his hands. How did he break his hands? He punched the Sentry's head into non-existence, that's how he broke his hands.
- An AU story set during Marvel's Civil War, "Addition To The Fray" by Adrian Tullberg, has Doctor Doom confront Reed Richards, via hologram, to find out why he has chosen to side with Iron Man, given his more liberal views in the past. Reed reluctantly informs Doom that SHIELD had sent spy-bots to infiltrate the Baxter Building, take photos of Franklin and Valeria and sent them to Reed, with an implied threat that he should side with them to keep his children safe. Doom, recalling that he had declared Valeria to be under his protection, decides to take matters in his own hands, and a Doom-hologram suddenly appears at SHIELD headquarters.
"Bear Witness. You and your masters shall realise your sole purpose in this life. To serve as a warning to whoever, and whatever shall soon replace you and your organisation. To threaten that child—is to invite Doom."
- When the Silent Ones, the lords of Sleepwalker's race, are ready to execute him for his crimes, Sleepy's human host Rick Sheridan intervenes and refuses to let it happen:
The Silent Ones: You are advised to stand aside, human.Rick: And what if I don't? Can’t do much to me in my own mind, can you? That’d really screw up the tenets of the Sleepwalker race, wouldn’t it?Sleepwalker: Rick, you must not-Rick: No! Killing Terren’sk isn’t going to bring back Mom and Dad! Killing Terren’sk isn’t going to stop Psyko if he ever comes back! Killing Terren’sk isn’t going to protect Julia from Lightmaster, if he ever comes back! Killing Terren’sk won’t do a thing for Sv’ara, or any of the other Sleepwalkers!The Silent Ones: Explain yourself, human.Rick: It happened, alright? My fusion with Terren’sk, Mom and Dad’s deaths, all of it! It happened, and I wish it hadn’t, but it did! There’s nothing that’ll change it, and it’s a part of who I am now. Besides, who’s to say there isn’t a way to break the bond? Kill Terren’sk, and you lose a warrior, you lose someone who’s put his life on the line against Cobweb time and again, you lose someone who’s saved who knows how many lives, both in the Mindscape and on Earth! Besides, you think of all the criminals he’s iced, they’re not going away on their own! (To Sleepwalker) Until you can return home, we still need you.
- Hold My Purse! has Marinette giving a very satisfying verbal beatdown to two older students after they dismiss Chat Noir as a "dumbass sidekick" and a liability to Ladybug.
Marinette: Hey, idiots! Who the hell do you think you are, saying stuff like that about Chat Noir? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't seen either of you do even so much as a quarter of the things Chat Noir has done. He has saved Ladybug, you, me, all of Paris a hundred times before and this is how you repay him?! By criticising him?! (grabs one of them by the collar and drags him down to eye-level) Ladybug wouldn't last a week without him by her side! She needs him! He protects her! Drives her onwards! Supports her no matter what! So No! He is not 'just the dumbass sidekick'! He. Is. Her. Partner! And he is as every bit as good as Ladybug! (turns on the other guy and backs him up against a wall.) It wasn't Ladybug who protected me from The Evillustrator and The Gamer! It wasn't Ladybug who picked me up and ran half a mile away to ensure my safety! It wasn't Ladybug who tried to take on an entire army of Knights single-handedly and nearly won! It was Chat Noir! Every time there is an Akuma attack, he throws himself between us and the danger without hesitation! He does all of that and more just to keep Paris safe and he still finds the strength to smile despite all the pain he has to go through to protect us! Useless is the last thing I would ever consider him to be. (turns on the other students who were watching the earlier exchange) You lot are just as bad! You all stood there while these two morons criticised the most loyal, brave, selfless, brilliant guy I know! He does all of this for us and you won't even stand up for him. He deserves far better than any of you! He is an incredible person and I hope you are all ashamed of yourselves.
- The Short-Legged Vixen has a different take on the episode "Volpina", resulting in Lila's lies being exposed to the whole school and many a funny situation, but also a few awesome moments:
“And I suppose it’s just a coincidence you’re asking out one of the school’s most beautiful girls only after she’s been put down for a week?” she asked back.
- Chapter 2 has Papillon trying to Akumatize Lila... And not only she resists, but terrifies Papillon so much he never tries again.
- After about a week of Lila being a social pariah due her lies, a rather perverted Stalker with a Crush tries to chat her up, expecting her to fall for him out of perceived kindness... And discovers that "All in all, he was lucky Lila had years of practice at holding back her terrifying temper":
“What? No, I just-”
“And Ladybug has a split personality, that is actually PAPILLON! And their secret identity is Gabriel Agreste!” Lila made a mental note to apologize to Adrien when she saw him pass by, his face green, the mouth covered and the feet leading him to the nearest bathroom quickly, while also continuing her rant: “I have good ears, child, you’re asking me out just because you’re shallow enough to value beauty over personality and thought a girl who’s been treated like merda for a week would just be too grateful to resist your non-existent charm and would give it to you! Well, news flash: I have a dignity to defend. So go home, your girlfriend beyond the wrist wants some alone time!”
- Lila's stalker was akumatized due her devastating speech... And he did it in the same bathroom Adrien was dealing with the mental image from Lila saying his father is Ladybug. By the time Marinette has left the place Lila was, transformed and returned as Ladybug, Chat Noir was already there with the defeated and tied-up Akuma, that had been taken down so fast he still can't believe it.
- When the stalker's friends try and put Ladybug against Lila, our heroine shoots them down by pointing out that, with everything Lila had been through that week and somehow had not been akumatized (not awesome due the above event)... Then she finds out the stalker had a picture of Lila making use of the bathroom on his cellphone, confiscates it, and brings it to the principal, getting him punished without losing her cool or even dirtying her hands.
- In Which the Fox Flees sees Marinette trying to befriend Lila, and when she's finally succeeding in spite of the latter suspecting she's Ladybug Chloe shows up and calls Marinette trash... Only to run face-first in Lila's savage temper (fueled by guilt at previously ditching Marinette to go at lunch with Chloe before realizing how she was):
“That’s really funny, coming from her. The only place she could have gotten that personality was from a garbage can.” Lila said to Marinette and Alya, loud enough that Chloé could hear.
Alya’s eyes widened, and then she snorted, and then she laughed. Marinette was shocked.
“What?!” Chloe’s scandalized voice shouted from the top of the stairs. Lila shot her a steely glare and walked up to the top.
“You heard me.” She said, adrenaline running through her veins. Then she swiped to her current contacts and opened Chloé’s. “I guess it’s time to take out the trash.” Lila continued, heart racing, and pressed the delete button. She held the screen out to Chloé’s face as the little trash can animation played. Then she pocketed it, and gestured down the stairs.
“Let’s go, Alya, Marinette.” Lila called out. The two girls made their way up, both holding back laughter and triumph.
“How dare you!” Chloé began, clearly angry. Lila glanced back at her.
“By the way, my name’s Lila.” She added, and then the three entered the school, where she suddenly exhaled a huge breath.
- After discovering decisive evidence that Marinette was her loathed Ladybug, Lila was Akumatized for the second time out of the perceived betrayal and belief Marinette didn't really like her... And yet not only she managed to keep Ladybug's identity from Hawk Moth, she eventually managed to free herself of the Akuma's influence.
- During a later Akuma attack, Lila followed Ladybug... And the moment Ladybug was tied up by the Akuma villain, Lila snuck in the fight and untied her girlfriend. It's later stated she started doing it every time.
- Near the end of the fic, Hawk Moth's latest minion Game Over kidnaps Lila for leverage against Ladybug and threatens to release on her an Akuma, as Hawk Moth knows just how terrified Lila is of becoming Volpina again. Lila proceeds to convince Hawk Moth and Game Over she wants to be Akumatized again so she'll have the Akuma, and thus Volpina's illusions, in case Ladybug needs help, and when that happens she Akumatizes herself, casts an illusion so Ladybug can recharge her powers without her identity being exposed, and when Hawk Moth tries to recall the Akuma she forces it to stay in to let the illusion continue just long enough.
- While the first chapter of Volpina, the Accidental Matchmaker has the second battle between Volpina and our heroes end extremely fast due them catching her completely by surprise, the second chapter has a proper one, where Volpina gives Ladybug and Chat Noir a desperate run for their money. At one point Ladybug and Chat Noir know where she's going in a bus while wearing a Ladybug disguise... And she still gets the drop on them by forcing Aurore Boreal to wear the costume while she sneaks around with an illusion making her invisible, ultimately only losing because she loses her cool at something she wouldn't be normally so angered, allowing Ladybug and Char Noir to finally jump her. And during the chase Volpina still found the time to stop a mugging-and mug the mugger to get the money for the Ladybug disguise.
- One for Hawk Moth: having learned about Lila's Big, Screwed-Up Family, he reacts to Volpina's defeat by threatening them into submission and manipulate Ladybug and Lila into actually becoming friends.
- Chapter 36 of Perception has Marinette being utterly fed-up with women's clothing being impractical in the name of fitting better the body after Gabriel's new pocketless slacks caused an Akumatization... So she barges into Gabriel Agreste's atelier, shuts him up when he assumes she wants a job for winning one of his contests, and proceeds to dissect the usual arguments about not including functional pockets into feminine clothes, before actually giving useful suggestions to integrate them and impressing Gabriel enough he hints to Adrien he wants her to work for him once she's old enough.
- In Lila and the Anger Management Class Lila intervenes when Chloe is doing her usual antics... And the moment Chloe starts threatening her using the fact she's the daughter of the mayor of Paris, Lila shuts her down with the same argument backed by a cellphone recording:
"Did you just say that the mayor of the capital of France abuses his power to spoil his daughter? My, I wonder what would happen if some foreign power were to give the government some evidence of this, like a cellphone recording taken by the daughter of two high-level diplomats..."
- The Reveal That Didn't (Continuation) follows after Marinette confessed to Adrien and, knowing he was Chat Noir, even admitted being Ladybug, only to be disbelieved and Chloe, having overheard the last part, humiliates Marinette before the whole class. In the third chapter Chloe tries to continue... And runs into yet another moment of Lila (one of two people who has realized Marinette did not lie) verbally tearing into her, and into Adrien as a bonus when he tries to butt in. Bonus point for delivering her "The Reason You Suck" Speech knowing that Marinette did not lie (one of two-and-half people who do: Lila realized Marinette did not lie, Alya trusts Marinette enough to know she told the truth, and Nino is willing to give her the benefit of doubt).
- A Different Type of Inspiration is centered around a Gabriel fashion contest, with the designers having to use unusual fabrics... And manages to put more than a few awesome moments:
- One for the Gabriel brand: when they hold a big contest they reimburse the expenses the designers went through for it... And this way got more than a few skilled designers who could win their contests and get Gabriel Agreste's attention only because that little practice allowed them to use fabrics more expensive than they could afford.
- Marinette being Genre Savvy enough to select her fabrics in a fabric store and call Gabriel's contest supervisor to make sure they would work shouldn't be this... Except the vast majority of the contestants failed to do so, and, even with the contest announcement specifying Gabriel plans to put into production the winning design, showed up with unpractical designs made of newspapers (enough of those that by the end Gabriel was feeling sick), garbage bags, window shades, vinyl, and so on.
- More genre savvyness: writing down Gabriel's critics of her design and his advice, saying that he likely gave that advice only once and the next time he'd be hypercritic because she should know better... Exactly why Gabriel gave her the advice.
- One for the author, for making reading the instructions awesome.
- Marinette not only winning the contest over many more experienced designers, but also inspiring Gabriel Agreste (practically a legendary fashion designer himself) to make a new line based on her design.
- The Grand Deception sees Lila react in a rather peculiar way to her Akumatization... Namely, going after Hawk Moth personally. Because Ladybug and Chat Noir had months to do so and failed, so it was time someone else gave it a try. And the way she did so is possibly her most awesome moment in fanfic:
- After finding out from Alya more about how Hawk Moth chooses his victims, she decides the first step of her plan is getting Akumatized again. Thus, she manipulates the entire school into ostracizing her, knowing the feeling, even self-caused, would get Hawk Moth's attention.
- How she did so: she anonymously outed herself as a compulsive liar, complete with damning evidence, and when Chloe did her thing she stayed there. True to form, an Akuma shows up soon after.
- The fact she got herself Akumatized again, even as terrified as she was of it.
- Second step is to steal the Miraculouses so she'll be able to find where Hawk Moth is and take his, and to do she uses Volpina's illusions to convince Ladybug and Chat Noir the other has been Akumatized to make them fight and then take on the winner when they're tired and with their guard down, or, if they aren't weakened enough, getting them so angry at Hawk Moth they'll go after him decisively. This part doesn't work as fast as she expected due Ladybug and Chat Noir being so evenly matched they fight the whole night before retreating for a second round, but would have worked had she not told Marinette about her plan as a back-up.
- The fact she was Genre Savvy enough to have a back-up, even if it backfired on her.
- When Hawk Moth finds out due Ladybug telling Chat about it in Volpina's hearing, he's livid... And actually respects her ability to fool literally the whole of Paris, especially him, so easily. Then he threatens to punish her... And Volpina gives him a quick vaffanculo by throwing her Akumatized necklace to Ladybug before he can go through with it.
- Lila's dressing down to the two heroes for not doing enough-and accidentally exposing her to Hawk Moth.
- After finding out from Alya more about how Hawk Moth chooses his victims, she decides the first step of her plan is getting Akumatized again. Thus, she manipulates the entire school into ostracizing her, knowing the feeling, even self-caused, would get Hawk Moth's attention.
- Sting has a great moment from Chloé and Adrien after Lila confronts Marinette and tells her to stay away from Adrien, accuses her of being a fashion groupie only concerned about having an in with Gabriel, and tells her that Adrien doesn't like her
Chloé: Oh please. As much as this is amusing, I’m not going to let you spread any more lies about Adrien. Marinette’s all Adrien ever talks about. Ladybug and Marinette. Anyone who spends five seconds with the boy knows this.
Lila: Ahh. Little Miss Thing herself. I heard about you, too.
Chloé: Of course, you did. I’m Paris’ darling. You, on the other hand, are a compulsive liar, spreading your little stories. You’ll love her newest one, Marinette. It’s simply divine. Apparently, she designed Jagged Stone’s newest album cover.
Marinettte: (feeling a strong urge to punch her in the throat) No.
Lila: I did. Jagged Stone and I are good friends. He wrote a song—
Chloé: And here I thought it clearly states M. Dupain-Cheng as the artist on the cover.
Lila: It’s a pseudonym. Obviously, I couldn’t put my name on the cover. The fans would mob me.
Sabrina: Look at her. Changing her story. It calls into question every other thing she’s told since she got here. I wonder if any of it is true.
Chloé: I doubt it, Sabrina. We really shouldn’t waste our time on a liar.
Lila: I don’t lie. How dare you insinuate that!
Adrien: M. Dupain-Cheng. Otherwise known as Marinette.
Lila: (blood drains away from her face and she spins around) Adrien!
Adrien: (angrier than Marinette has ever seen him) You know, I was going to discreetly have a word with you about the lies you’ve been spreading about us, but now you’re trying to steal an incredible accomplishment from one of my friends as well. I can put up with a lot, but no one does that to my friends.
Lila: Adrien, I would never—
Chloé: Oh, she totally would. She did and she has. Really rather rude of her.
Adrien: I warned you. I said lies unravel. Guess what. It’s unraveling. Somehow, the person who matters to me most of all heard your lie about us dating and I’m not even going to question how anymore. I doubt anyone in this school will trust anything you have to say, ever again. I don’t know you, Lila. I don’t want to know you now. No third chances. My schedule concerning you is indefinitely booked out. There will be no renegotiation.
- Nathaniel gets several awesome moments in "Protecting the Tomato", including resisting akumatization despite being beaten by a school bully, being neglected by his parents, abused by his older brother and utterly miserable, repeatedly calling out his awful parents (despite repeated verbal and physical abuse, including having half his hair ripped off and being denied medical care) and when he finally gets reakumatized (twice), avoiding hurting innocents (even going out of his way to be kind to Manon whose doll the bully destroyed For the Evulz) and only targeting the bully (both times) and his mother (the second time). Not to mention his Big Brother Instinct towards Max, which was the whole reason the bully was clobbering him. In other words, Nathaniel let someone use and brutalize him for weeks just so Max could have some relief.
- Several adults risk their reputations and even jobs to get Nathaniel away from his mother who works for Child Protective Services and up until the events of the story, always managed to sweep accusations of her abusing Nathaniel under the rug before punishing him for "lying". Not only are they successful in removing Nathaniel from the home but they also get his Spoiled Brat older brother out and are even hopeful that there's a chance (albeit a small one) that he can be helped to grow beyond the damage his mother's Parental Favoritism has caused.
- New Year's Dance by Thelastpilot (sequel to Secret Santa) begins with Gabriel summoning Adrien to his study and telling him he is supposed to attend the New Year gala with Chloe. However, Adrien is adamant he wants to take Marinette instead. After a brief but emotional (at least on Adrien's side) standoff, Gabriel respectfully relents, on the condition that whatever dress she decides to wear must be approved by him first - reasonable, since it's a high profile event, as in worldwide-cream-of-the-crop-level high. Five days of non-stop work later, Marinette comes with a dress of her own design... and comes out of Gabriel's study ready to faint from shock - the dress was good enough to get not only his approval, but an internship offer as well.
My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
- Jordan 179 likes epic conflict, so Awesome moments are not uncommon in his The Shadow Wars Friendship Is Magic universe. Special mention goes to:
- MLP Collateral Damage: The Changeling Princess Ceymi is such an incredible Infiltrator that, undergoing a Heroic B.S.O.D. because her One True Love has been murdered before her eyes by Queen Chrysalis, she manages to hold her composure by pretending to be herself, fully sane.
- Nightmares Are Tragic: Princess Luna, possessed by a Night Shadow and being forced to fight against two of her best friends from a previous life as Nightmare Moon, manages to trick and eventually fight her possessor, enabling Twilight Sparkle and her friends to use the Rainbow of Harmony to purge her of her possessor.
- Dragonshyness: Pinkie Pie charged into an avalanche and opens all the stops on her Reality Warper powers to save her friends from the rockfall. Later, her powers almost exhausted, she still goes in against the Dragon. In that same avalanche, Applejack literally snatches Twilight Sparkle out of the path of a house-sized boulder and carries her to safety. Later, Rainbow Dash kicks the Dragon in the face, and Fluttershy overcomes her fear to utterly skewer the Dragon's mind with her Stare.
- Divine Jealousy And The Voice Of Reason: Wind Whistler: She's a Badass Bookworm and Genius Bruiser who was one of The Megan's True Companions who helped her save all Ponykind. She then became one of The Ageless guardians of the history and tradition or her species, living over 3500 years at Paradise Estate, before Discord betrayed them all and took her body, warping it into a duplicate of his own form. She held on to a good part of the new brain through sheer will and forced Discord to accept mere Symbiotic Possession (though he's in charge of the body) and has been fighting a 2500-year-long campaign of subversion from within in hopes of turning Discord away from evil. And she's not an Alicorn. Just a Pegasus, with no special powers beyond her high intelligence, great courage and indomintable will.
- One or two pop up in Chasing The Shadow, including:
- When Sakura Fires herself at Gaara out of a cannon, and, later on, Intimidates the oldest being in the world into training her.
- When Hinata, after training with Guy for a year, beats up Sasuke singlehanded. Youth!
- There is a scene in 'birth of a forest' where Naruto remembers his previous life as Hashirama, and slowly, but surely get's the power of Hashirama. Anyway in the chunin exam finale Iwa attacks, and Naruto isn't using his full power, because 'reasons', but then he feels Sarutobi die. Someone who was a beloved student in one life, and a beloved grandfather in this life. When his rage takes him, and he turns, and faces the army from Iwa alone is awesome.
- In A Drop Of Poison, Hinata defends the infirmary during the Invasion using the same technique she used to defeat Neji. By the time the fourth wave of attackers arrives, they have to jump over the corpses of their comrades to even enter the room.
- There are a few in the Pokémon fanfic Tales of Flame but the two that come to mind are:
- When Grovyle, the resident Battle Butler, gets into a fencing duel with a Scyther Mook and channels Leaf Blade through a broomstick. And wins. Then later he gets a motorcycle and a real sword... all he's missing are the Cool Shades
- At the end of the crossover with Anomaly where Scyther gets fed up with Mewtwo's attitude problems and shoots him with an Air Cutter in the face and makes the legendary bleed!
- Latias from Latias' Journey. She's depicted mostly as a gentle, somewhat timid and fearful Pokémon. That changes big time in Chapter 5. After watching a bunch of evil bird Pokémon butcher a bunch of baby Flying and Bug types in Wing Fortress, she goes completely apeshit. The end result: a bunch of enemy Flying types lying in pieces in nursery, followed by a Psychic attack so powerful that it could best be described as a psychic nuke. That is followed up with an even more obscenely powerful Fire (or Dragon) attack that completely obliterates Wing Fortress and a large piece of the surrounding forest. It is utterly terrifying but at the same time awesome.
- Quenta Narquelion: Sauron attempts to capture Fëanor's ghost, and taunts him about how his actions only served Morgoth's goals. Fëanor is not amused.
Fëanor: My sons [...] held this land. They took it from you, and they threw you back beneath the mountain. They stood strong against you through the years. My brother Fingolfin rode out against your lord and gave him seven wounds. Does he limp, even now? I think he does. [...] You cannot hold me. Your master has thrown himself into this land, mile by mile, league by league, to take it from us. We met his will and we fought him, every step, and no matter how we are remembered, that changes nothing. We have not failed.
- Stellar Requiem's TRON: Legacyfanfic Survivor's Tale pulls an awesome one; Yori has been working for La Résistance inside the system and is captured. Clu, in a particularly sadistic dick move, decides to send her to The Games and have "Rinzler" finish her off. She's an engineer, not a fighter, and she figures out exactly who Rinzler is. She manages to use the arena physics to surprise him, then pulls a move that knocks them both out, essentially fighting the champion aka her Brainwashed and Crazy husband to a draw! It's even more awesome on a meta level, since that's been a popular fanfic cliche to "dispose" of the character and explain her Sequel Non-Entity status.
- That Runneth's "The Contingency" explains exactly why Alan T. Bradley is a Memetic Badass in the fandom. Surrounded by Clu's forces, outgunned about a hundred to one, and turned into an Iso due to Radia's scheme to force him into helping them, he's utterly screwed, or at least should be. However, he ends the whole conflict without having to so much as raise his voice at Clu by letting him know that if he and Flynn do not get out alive, Lora is standing by to wipe the entire hard drive and will lose no sleep over it, and adding a Kirk Summation about Clu's childish motivation. And just to let Clu know it isn't an idle threat, he finishes with:
“You saw my disc,” Alan said. “And you know my program. That’s my guarantee. If that’s not enough, nothing will be enough.”
- Eyrie Productions is a site full of fanfics that shine with these.
- I'm surprised Fairly English Story isn't here. Episode 72 is where it kicks into overdrive.
- Hell, he even faced the Hermit Arcana when he turned into the Chou Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann!!
- Sailor Moon: Legends of Lightstorm has a few.
- Episode 2: The first time Lightstorm and Tuxedo Mask meet. Without even knowing who the other one is, they both team up to help Sailor Moon take down Jadeite's drone.
- Episode 3: Within seconds of being disconnected from a machine that was using her brain to perform calculations so extreme that they were killing people, Sailor Mercury powers up and starts kicking ass with her new ice cannon powers.
- Episode 4: Upon finding out that Jadeite has been using her temple to hurt people, Raye attacks Jadeite with a katana and slices him to bloody ribbons before knocking him out with one punch. And then she gets her powers...
- Episode 5: Sailor Jupiter gets more than one in her first appearance.
- Literally the first thing she does is kill six rapists with her bare hands, and that was after she'd been practicing parkour for a few hours.
- When she and Lightstorm find a rogue Negaverse drone that's killing and eating humans, her first instinct is to kill it despite being armed with only a combat knife.
- When Zoisite is about the kill a beaten Lightstorm (a man she barely knows), Lita gets so angry that she transforms without her Sailor Pen in an earthshaking explosion
- Gets even more epic when the rest of the Scouts show up for one of the best fights in the series.
- Episode 6: Sailors Jupiter and Venus team up to beat up Jadeite while boasting about how he's screwed because he's never faced them before (a nod to the original anime that the work is based on).
- Episode 7: Villainous example: Jadeite gets his powers back and pays back the Sailor Scouts for beating him.
- Sailor Moon saves Sailor Jupiter by punching a drone so hard part of it explodes.
- Jadeite hits Sailor Moon so hard she goes flying and crashes into a speeding subway.
- Sailors Moon and Mars, Lightstorm, and Tuxedo Mask team up against Jadeite and blow up an entire subway to try to kill him. And Jadeite survives.
- Eyrie Productions Unlimited's Neon Exodus Evangelion
- When NERV finds Sahaquiel, they send Jon and Asuka's EVAs into space to fight it. And after that, when Jon's EVA is damaged and can't make reentry, Asuka cuts the Entry Plug out of it and carries the Plug back to Earth behind her own reentry shield. This event is what starts getting them to really trust each other.
- Rei confronting Gendo Ikari in episode 3:4:
Rei: I'm unarmed. I have no armor, no defenses. If you want DJ and Asuka dead, then kill me.
- In episode 3:7, DJ Croft manages to defeat an AP Eva with Jet Alone.
- Shinji gets one in episode 3:8. After a near-miss by a plasma weapon near Jon's head, Shinji thinks Jon is dead and goes into Unstoppable Rage with a plasma rifle of his own. He stands there, shooting unflinching even when a shot goes for his own head... and is deflected by Shinji's AT field.
- Rei also gets one in 3:8, when her rage at SEELE's manipulations manages to power and awaken EVA Unit 0 into its full glory as Moloch.
- Bridge Bunny John Trussel manages to hold off the US Army at the dock of the Queen Elizabeth 2 long enough to save Hyuuga, which is even more awesome considering he hadn't even wanted the gun that came with his promotion in the first place.
- In Apotheosis Now, every one of the good guys gets at least one CMOA. Including SHODAN and Gendo.
- Don't forget "I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh..."
- The amazing, albeit unfinished A Human Saiyajin gives Ranma a brilliant one when he comes amazingly close to beating Imperfect Cell. It gets underlined when Cell flat out tells Trunks that for all their powers, none of the Z crew were as much a danger to him as Ranma. Even after becoming Perfect Cell, Ranma gives him a good fight Then he and Vegeta spend a year in the Hyperbaric Time Chamber and Ranma learns to master the power of the Nekoken
- A crowning moment of awesomeness for the author, who managed to fit well over a hundred 'Emergency!' episode titles into the text of this Doctor Who fanfic.
- The Ultimate Ace just for the fact that it's Ace Combat, written Real Life-style (lampshading the difference thus: Mobius One "hadn't been responsible for the final destruction of Stonehenge though. That was a common misconception. Nothing short of a B-1 or B-2 had that much firepower"), and it works.
- The Land Before Time fan fics having a CMOA? Yes!
- Land Before Time: War of the Worlds has a few CMOAs. The most memorable involved an amphibious assault combined with Littlefoot, Ali and Shorty parachuting into an enemy held island for a commando raid.
- Land Before Time: Twilight Valley also has some CMOAs. One of which was Ducky's mother beating the crap out of a stone knife wielding Hadrosaur with twin sticks.
- "Black Flames Dance in the Wind: Rise of Naruto". The whole story is filled with Momemnts of Awesome and Crowning Moments of Funny.
- Basically, all of Chapter 25 is a Crowning Moment of Awesome. Naruto fights his mother and destroys several city blocks in the process while all available Chuunin and Jounin are maintaining a barrier so the two don't destroy the entire village.
- "Roku Naruto". Chapter 13 gets a Crowning moment of awesome for the conclusion of the first fight against Zabuza. Naruto and his clones threw several giant kunai filled with 900 kilos of rubhidium into the lake Zabuza is standing on. Zabuza later swore never to fight Naruto over water.
- Nigh everything written by lord of the land of fire. While I can't endorse the sex scenes, he manages to make some very awesome scenes that readers often fail to fully appreciate the Awesomeness of. "A Few Angry Words" contains a parallel to Revelation Chapter 19 (Yes, that's the Second Coming of Jesus), while "The True Monster" contains a rather thorough paralel to World War II! Just when you think this guy has written himself into a corner, he comes out with something even more awesome as a resolution.
- An OC named Philip gets one in the W.I.T.C.H. Fanfic WITCH POWER by Xen Kenshin when he completely DESTROYS Nerissa's demonic minions Shagon and co. because of an unstoppable rage.. downside? He kills his love interest Irma.
- In Neon Genesis Evangelion: Redemption by Chris & Alex Voutsis, Rei Ayanami, piloting a Unit-00' with only ten minutes of battery power, is forced to fight alone against the USAF-operated Unit-04' (codenamed MARI) when Shinji and Asuka are incapacitated. Normally, this would be impressive but this kicks it over the top: The USAF has upgraded Unit-04's Dummy Plug and can remotely pilot the Eva themselves, meaning that, unlike the Angels who just blast things at random, Unit-04 is smart. Worse, it's armed with a jet pack, an S2 engine, a laser rifle, and stealth armor — all of which it just used to destroy three military bases in France, steal eight other Evas for the US, and take on the UN. The situation looks so bad, even Misato thinks they're all probably screwed. After all, how can you fight an intelligent enemy that's just going to circle around above, taking out your support network (because it knows everything about you from spies in NERV), and you can't even paint it on radar? Rei's answer? Link with the Dummy Plug clone's mind to locate its position and then use her positron rifle to destroy its jet pack — without even bothering to turn on her targeting computer. Then engage in a bloody, knock-down drag-out fist fight that levels half of Tokyo-3, goes down the Eva elevator shafts, into NERV itself, and ends with Rei beating Unit-04 to death in a berserker rage just before it destroys Unit-01 (and a Shinji trapped inside) even after Unit-00 is crippled and has taken a full gun clip to its head.
- Soldier of Spira has far too many to count, but several events come to mind. First, Operation Ratcatcher in its entirety, just for the build up and how Auron was written (Whose portrayal in itself is a Crowning Moment of Awesome for the writer; few can claim to write an Auron who surpasses the original). Second, Starfall in its entirety, for Auron and Rikku. Third? Auron more or less holds the entire world at ransom just by making a promise. Everyone, and I do mean everyone, in Spira and beyond knows not to goad/enrage/bother Auron. If he makes a promise, then no matter how impossible it seems, he will keep it.
- Here's the absolutely epic speech Auron makes, in its entirety:
Auron: Braska? Can you hear me? Yevon? Fayth? Lords of the Living and the Dead? Are you listening? Rikku will not die today. Rikku will not die today. Rikku will not die tomorrow. Rikku will not die in Zanarkand. Listen to me. Hear me all of you. All of your plans and your devices and wars, she has no part of them. She is not here because of you, to help you or to stop you. She is only here because she loves her cousin. Do you even understand such a simple reason? So Rikku does not die today. Rikku does not die tomorrow. Rikku does not die in Zanarkand at all and if she does then there is a new side in your forever wars and a new player and then I promise you that at the end of everything, at the end of it all no one will be standing.
- Here's the absolutely epic speech Auron makes, in its entirety:
- Shinji nullifying the dummy plug system, retrieving the entry plug and then proceeding to rip Bardiel apart with his bare hands and the help of Asuka and Rei to save Touji in The Second Try.
- Most of "The Treasure of Lei Fong Wu" , including the chapter devoted to Jayne annihilating a massive facility full of killer robots while wielding a heavy laser and an anti-tank rifle. Other moments include Wash using lasers to etch some graffiti on to the main antagonists ship.
- ShadowDragon8685's series of Misfile fanfiction starts the process of Rescuing Jenny the Second from the Scrappy Heap in Concrete Dreamscape, and by page 14 of Electric Dreams, she has become just plain awesome, defusing another superbitch by playing on the girl's latent homosexuality that she's trying to hide. (Note: Concrete Dreamscape and Electric Dreams are the fourth and fifth installments in the series. To read from the beginning, start here.)
- The end of "Chapter 23: For What Can Change" of Stray really powerful, maybe her absolute favorite in any fanfic, because she was counting bullets and realized what Adamska was about to do. Amazing scene.
- This chapter of this The Fairly OddParents! fic, The Hollow Halloween by AmandaArtiste, presents one for Remy Buxaplenty, in which he shows us all that you simply should not try to brainwash Trixie Tang (and her friend) while he's around.
- The Master has many in the Doctor Who AU Fic Season Four, but his finest moment is in Chapter 13, where he and the Doctor confront the Rani - who plans to establish a New Gallifrey for the currently human Time Lords in her possession at a psychiatric ward with the help of the Doctor and Master. The Master laughs hysterically at this and has this brilliant rebuttal:
"Oh, come on, a Time Lord empire? Founded by the three of us? There goes that policy of neutrality! No, wait, I've got it! I can make more black hole converters, you know. I can be Rassilon. Lucy, my dear, you get to be Omega, that would be fitting. Oh, Doctor, that leaves you as the Other. Yes, that sounds about right. I can rule for a thousand years of terror and the new Eye of Harmony will have all sorts of gadgets to keep it in check and they'll all be named after me! The Sash of the Master and the Key of the Master and the Seal of the Master. While we're at it we might as well have a bloody Trouser Press of the Master. Does that sound nice? Does that sound fun? Yes, come on, let's build a new Time Lord empire!"
- Akane in "Road Trip", one of John Biles' Mai-HiME Future stories, when original character Mitsu is about to be tricked into summoning her Child so it can be killed:
"I won't let you fight alone! This time, we're not going to be picked off one by one! NOT THIS TIME!" (...) "I won't lose again! THIS I DO SWEAR! We will defeat you and protect those we love! FOR I AM THE BATTLE PRINCESS OF THE WIND STORM! AND TOGETHER WE WILL DEFEAT YOU!"
- From the same series, "Afraid To Fly Part 2" gives us Shiho's moment of awesome. Her regret over how she used her Child in the original Mai-HiME has meant she's been unable to summon it ever since, but when someone else tries to summon her own Child against her, she reclaims control of it by confronting and overcoming her own past negative feelings.
"I am a Princess. And you are my Prince. And now it's time for us to slay some monsters together."
- From the same series, "Afraid To Fly Part 2" gives us Shiho's moment of awesome. Her regret over how she used her Child in the original Mai-HiME has meant she's been unable to summon it ever since, but when someone else tries to summon her own Child against her, she reclaims control of it by confronting and overcoming her own past negative feelings.
- New Beginnings, New Fate by FreetheKyuubi, this scene made both hilarious and awesome by the amount of skill implied.
"KAWAII!" All the girls (except the blonde and pink haired girls that were fighting earlier though even they looked like they were seriously fighting the urge) screamed in unison and launched themselves at the very surprised blonde. The glomping that ensued was one of legends as girls piled on top of each other in attempt to get to the boy beneath them.A good natured chuckling suddenly came up from beneath the pile of girls and every one looked down in shock to see the aged face of the Hokage just visible. "Well, it has been a while since I was glomped by such attractive young ladies." The old man said with a smile. "But it is getting somewhat hard to breath. So would you all mind allowing this old man to get up?" The girls had to have set a new speed record in their haste to get themselves off the village's leader.As the old man stood back up, a loud laughter filled the air and every looked over to see Naruto rolling on the ground holding his sides. "I...I can't...believe you...replaced yourself..with...the old man!" Naruto wheezed out as he laughed."I can't believe you replaced yourself with me, you little bastard!" Jagaa said heatedly from next to Kakashi. Naruto started laughing harder and Jagaa glared at him. Kakashi was using every ounce of will power he had not to join the sunny blonde. Seriously, how often does one see the most powerful man in the village get used as a replacement and then glomped? It was certainly a first for him.
- Eyes of the Broken Soul, a story that has so far extended Naruto's Academy life to about 37+ chapters, while still remaining awesome, a CMOA for the author by default. This scene is taken from a rather recent chapter where Naruto is on a survival trip (read: camping trip/death trap) with his class and they need to catch their own food. Naruto decides to fish last, being unsure of himself in front of Ino, Sakura, Choji, Shikamaru and their fathers, and unintentionally, completely, shows everyone up.
"What the hell!?!?!?!" Sakura shouted, almost causing the boy to lose his balance and fall over. "How the hell can you walk on water!?!?!?!" Naruto just shrugged his shoulders before scratching the back of his head with embarrassment."Ehehehe... well, the thing is I can't really swim that well." He mumbled sheepishly, somewhat embarrassed by his own "shortcomings". The pink haired girl just deadpanned."So... you just decided that defying the laws of nature and walking on water was easier..." She replied sarcastically. Naruto just nodded his head nervously, wondering why everyone looked so surprised by that."Yeah... that and I wanted to make sure that my dragon didn't get wet either..." he added lamely, trying to to escape the sittuation that he had gotten himself into. Ryuukimi just rolled his eyes before falling into his own blank expression
- The Blood fanfic Blood 2: The Unforgiven, by Eric Juneau. Specifically, the last few chapters of Part 2. That part, mostly taking place in a CabalCo-controlled prison/mental ward, just drags on and on after a while, slowly taking the reader's sanity and love of reading with it. And then it does a complete and total 180, as the main character is rescued by Caleb himself, leading into the best chapters of the entire fanfic.
"Move faster," the man commanded."It's a winding road," Avery said.He heard the click of the revolver."Okay, moving faster."
- In the hilariously awful Death Note fic Light and Dark The Adventures of Dark Yagami, Watari gives us the immortal line "ENOUGH OF YOUR RUDDY FLASHBACKERY YOU SODDING ARSES!" And "THAT FOOLISH WANKER DA'URQ IS IN NEW YORK AND HES KILLING SOME POOR SODS!" And a ton of other superbly ridiculous British English yellings.
- She's Come Undone, an AU Sailor Moon where Usagi is placed in a mental asylum for the criminally insane by the government because her senshi battles were embarrassing them. She's given the choice of being set free but renouncing the fact she really was Sailor Moon, and staying in the hospital she's been confined in since forever and remaining a persona non grata and possibly never getting out alive. Her response: giving them a figurative middle finger by ripping up the papers she's given that would have had her saying she wasn't really Sailor Moon but just crazy, and stomping on them. Followed by saying she will always be Sailor Moon with a smile on her face, even while she's being dragged and beaten by the nurses for not doing what she was told. The Maya Angelou poem just enhances the awesome for me.
- Nazo Unleashed. The first episode opens with Nazo nabbing a Chaos Emerald, then destroying the city it was located in. Then it goes into a three-minute brawl as Nazo beats the crap out of Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles, followed by Sonic turning into Dark Sonic. Episode two kicks the action up even further as Super Sonic and Super Shadow go two-on-one against Nazo. Finally, in the third Episode, Nazo uses the Chaos Emeralds AND the Master Emerald to go Super himself, then beats the ever-loving crap out of Super Sonic and Super Shadow. Then both hedgehogs turn the Emeralds into Super Emeralds so they can go Hyper, and then FUSE into Hyper Shadic. What follows next is a one-on-one battle across Angel Island, into SPACE, then back to the island, before Nazo uses the Super Emeralds to go Hyper as well, followed by what can only be described as a Dark Spirit Bomb versus a Wave Motion Cannon. It's basically to Flash what Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is to anime.
- Elle Bishop gets a crowning moment in Creedog VanDrey's Heroes series The World Entire. Gabriel Gray has been mentally tormented back to his serial killing Sylar persona, where he has returned to Primatech to steal the powers of the dangerous inmates there. He comes up Elle, his wife, leaving him a series of vitriolic voice mails. Upon seeing him, she is immediately realived until he telekinetically throws her into a wall in preparation to open up her head and steal her electrical abilities. Without missing a beat, she attempts to seduce her Ax-Crazy husband. When that fails, she berates him for even wasting his time on her dinky sparks. She then leads him on a tour of the cells, enticing him with the various superpowered inmates as if she were a waitress reading daily specials off a menu. The final "item" is their four-year-old son Noah, who has the one ability Sylar is most desperate for: immortality. The gambit works, while trying to kill his son, he has an emotional breakdown. He falls to his knees, seeing Elle only seconds away from electrocuting him. Later, when he asks her why offer up their son, she admits that she needed to be alive to protect Noah. She then reveals what her plan was had electrocuting Sylar not worked while pulling out a pistol from the back of her jeans: she would have, without hestitation, shot him in the sweet spot that negates his healing abilities... then followed it up with a dozen more bullets around the crown of his skull, followed by bashing his head against the cement wall until his brain fell out, which, if it wasn't in enough pieces for her liking...well, they have a "woefully underused blender". After making this point, she then proceeds to initiate sex.
- Halo: Combat Evolution has several, but Wa, the Spartan Shock Trooper, gets one just by existing. Everything about his weapons and tactics is designed to scare the Covenant. He is to the covvies at large what the Chief is to the Covenant rank and file, and to the Spartans what the Spartans are to everyone else. He demonstrates this in chapter twenty-five by walking into a combat situation, saving his teammate, taking a hit from a Brute Hammer and getting right back up, then tearing the Brute's midsection out. Then he rips the top of its skull off. The oncoming brutes stop dead.
- The Faltering of Suzumiya Haruhi is a CMOA in itself, because the writing style is so ridiculously close to Baka-Tsuki's translations of the original work, that it could be a lost original short story or something like that...
- And it give Kyon a HUGE CMOA, when he fight against the dude Haruhi dumped after five minutes. Said guy was an Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy and roughed Kyon up, eventually threating to do the same thing to everyone else in the SOS Brigade... BAD IDEA! According to Nagato's explanations later, at this point Kyon unlocked his human talent to manipulate data to CRUSH his opponent!
- There are several by Thrythlind:
- Divine Blood Chapter 11. Ranma "Braiding Tornadoes"
- Kodachi and Mousse vs the Oni from The Amazon and the Moneylender
"It did not understand whom it was facing."
- Fighters of a New Day; Kurumi vs Kiba in chapter 5.
- Kiyone Muyo!; Quote Kiyone Chapter 10: "Let me explain to you the facts of life," Kiyone started. "You've lost."
- Slayers Bred; Third part of the Unnamed Trilogy that started with Kitsune Lina Jolrael to the Elf Lord —>"You dare mock a scion of House Feanor?"—>"I mock almost everybody," Jolrael said honestly. "Except Luna Inverse, tried that once, didn't turn out too well. Now shall we find one of your mages or do we have to tell every bleeding high elf individually that you've surrendered."
- The webcomic site Stardroids.net is full of one shots and story arcs for the Mega Man and Mega Man X series, ranging from heart warming to gut-bustingly hilarious to unbelievably awesome, but the real awesome is in the most recent story arc, True Blue: Under Fire. During the storyline, X is consumed by an evil version of himself, given a Healing Factor, and Zero is faced with the task of taking him down. The sheer level of Determinator in Zero becomes a CMOA when after losing an arm, being torn apart, and welded to a wall, Zero rips himself off the wall and keeps fighting X.
- There's at least one per chapter in People Lie, a Naruto fanfic by Nugar, but the one that stands out to me the most combines not only awesome, but heartwarming and funny. Naruto and Hinata are nearly half-dead and unconscious after defeating a Shoggoth and destroying an evil cult. That's the awesome. Sasuke carries Hinata and Naruto all the way back to Konoha, being severly beaten up himself when only a few days before, there were mutual death threats between him and Hinata. That's the heartwarming. The funny comes from all three of them being entirely naked, and references to fangirls attempting to make Naked Sasuke Day a national holiday.
- In chapter 28 of the Higurashi fanfic Redemption (as well as in the last half of the story in general), several characters earn their CMOAs. The one that stands out is Mion's CMOA: She has only one gun...and manages to take down five soldiers with it. Just when it's revealed she missed one...she just shoots him a second time and he dies.
- The Halo fanfic Enemy of My Enemy is chock-full of them. These include:
- The previously-innefectual 2LT Brambley suddenly revealing his hidden badassitude and scaring the shit out of an obnoxious Obstructive Bureaucrat.
- The Hunter pair saving a group of human children from a Brute stealth-hunter pack
- Anything the Sangheili/Elite Rukth 'Kilkar does.
- A Sangheili named Marikos is informed that the human's chaingun turret can't angle up high enough to shoot down enemy Banshees... so he rips it off its hinges, blows some Banshees out of the sky, and proceeds to carry the thing around like nothing for the rest of his time in the campaign.
- The Brute-controlled Scarab getting shot in the face point-blank by artillery cannons, right after the Chieftain leading it bragged about being unstoppable.
- The method that the humans use to kill another Brute-controlled Scarab.
- The showdown between Elite sniper Zerat and the Jackal sniper "Yik, Slayer of Men", both absurdly-skilled marksmen, and how Zerat kills him
- The final showdown between Elite Shipmaster Arume and Brute High-Chieftain Torikus.
- See it here.
- The Doctor's Nightmare gets one with this ending speech:
"I'm going to kill you in order to release all these souls inside you and then I'll find a hole in the fabric of time and space and put your body inside the void. Once I seal it up, it won't matter if these dream demons bring you back to life because you'll be trapped forever between universes and there'll be nothing there for you to kill. You never shoulda messed with me, Krueger. You shoulda run and hid the moment you figured out I'm not an average human. You think you're humanity's worst nightmare? Well, I'm yours. Because when I get through with you, you'll wish you'd never been born." To clarify what has just happened, the Tenth Doctor has just beaten Freddy Krueger and he's telling him what will happen.
- Chapter 13 of the Axis Powers Hetalia fanfic Outcast: "That boy just so happens to be my gormless, Yankee, muggle. So. Kindly. Step. OFF!"
- In Malign Contingency by Edcrab, the author has essentially taken the Half-Life setting and introduced so many additional factions that it borders on original fiction. The story waddles along sedately and inconsistently until the finale, when the grand plan becomes clear, including a segment where Forty the Combine Elite finally does something remotely relevant and slaughters the alien assassin that's been stalking the main characters since the outset, and then proceeds to murder his way through the crew of an entire starship to demonstrate to his superiors that he's not a failed project. Part of it is the sheer relief that he didn't deliver the smackdown to the good guys...
- Really? Read it and I'd say the evil Ass Pull that sees the whole group killed by a Strider was better... cos it turns out that the supercomputer has finally used the teleportation technology which is apparently so wonderfull for the Domarians, and it hasn't been forgotten about. That and the saw-it-coming-but-loved-it-anyway reunion ending
- Sailor Moon: Millennials by The Judge seems determined to give a couple dozen of these to each of the Senshi, but one that stands out in particular comes from Hotaru of all people. During a sequence in which the Senshi are scattered across time and space thanks to a mishap with the Gates of Time, Hotaru finds herself alone in a tropical jungle in the Jurassic period, and the situation is testing her patience. She's tired, she's sweating buckets, and she's quite thoroughly pissed off about the whole incident, so when a T-rex decides to take an interest in her, little firefly snaps and gives it a DEATH GLARE FROM HELL.
Saturn: Don't. Even. Think. About. It.Rex: *Turns and runs for its life*
- From The Hokage's Will by Airhead dude, we have the long anticipated Naruto vs Sasuke match. Naruto basically outclasses Sasuke in taijutsu-with Sasuke having no defense against Sage Mode Phantom Punches, so Sasuke amps up the ally by going fully incomplete Susano'o, thinking he has it won now. Know what Naruto does? Toss the Rasenshuriken into the Susano'o...and completely and utterly SHATTERS it like glass. So. Awesome.
- The Fruits Basket Western fic (that's right, you heard me!) The Swordsman & The Gunslinger is made of this, and gives each protagonist a CMOA. The first one is when Kyo Sohma, the titular swordsman, takes out three gunmen win thirty seconds, armed only with a katana. This establishes him as the premier badass of the fic.
- Graveyard Shift, a Mass Effect novelization being written by the same author behind Tiberium Wars and Forward, has one for Wrex almost right off the bat, when a trio of assassins dressed up as C-Sec officers show up and try to "arrest" him. Wrex chats with them for a bit before suddenly killing all three in the span of a couple of seconds with casual and insulting ease. Then he tells off the leader of the group, saying he's really disappointed with him for the "fake arrest routine."
- Michael, Action Survivor main character for Toy Hammer, gets an extended one for not only being able to - through diplomacy, threats and friendship (also, impressing the commanders with his fire extinguisher - he manages to get the Human, Eldar, Tau and even Ork forces of Warhammer 40,000 to not only stop fighting, but to co-exist (more or less) and even - when the need arose - to fight as one, we have to give him a Crowning Moment of Awesome... or a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming.
- Also, we have one for Sohm Vekt, a person who is normally considered a Red Shirt, being able to gun down multiple Super Soldier Space Marines while his team is dying all around him... he's barely able to stand or crawl afterwards, sure, but this guy just punched out several guys way above his pay grade.
- Chapter 21: Chaos forces seem to be winning but the GOD EMPEROR OF MANKIND shows up in the very ticked of and very powerful flesh, and basically has the Chaos forces all void their bowels, by just appearing there.
- The Middle Ground (an epic Naruto fanfiction) has many - Tenten beating the hell out of Tandea Shun, the Smug Snake and then sticking a sword through his heart when he gets up to attack her the last time. Tracking Shino into the middle of a warzone then landing in front of him to defend him from enemy shinobi all righteous fury. Team Gai taking down bandits with an air of boredom. Shino using his bugs to tickle someone into submission in a fight. Aburame Katsu (Shino's grandfather) using tea as a weapon... oh there are just too many!
- The Neon Genesis Evangelion fic Father has one in Chapter 5, when Asuka's father Erik (and his wife "Mrs. Soryu") visit after hearing rumors (true ones) that Asuka has gotten pregnant. Long story short, things devolve quickly, leading to Mr. Soryu shoving his pregnant daughter with such force that it slams her into a nearby wall hard enough to knock her unconscious. Before anyone else knows what's happening, Shinji (Asuka's fiancé) has one-hit-KO'd Mrs. Soryu (being grazed by a bullet fired by her) and pinned Mr. Demon-Dad to the wall by the throat, having fully given himself over to the inner berserker and trying to crush the man's neck with his bare hands. Later, as Mr. Soryu storms up to Gendo in his office and threatens all sorts of retaliations, Gendo calmly and efficiently shoots down each and every one of the man's threats with logical and legal rebuttals. And when the man disowns Asuka and states that he'll leave her penniless and alone, Gendo reveals that Kyoko had left Asuka her entire estate and (considerably large) fortune to Asuka, and that SEELE (in this story now a new incarnation loyal to Gendo) have discovered that Mr. Soryu has embezzled/stolen his late wife's - now Asuka's - money, and that Mr. Soryu and his wife are now under arrest. Gendo then closes the conversation and finally blows his top at the man:
"On a rather more personal note, allow me to tell you this: Do not mess with my family! You brandished a gun in my son's home, with the proof being a wound on the back of his hand! You throw my future daughter-in-law against the wall, endangering her and her baby! I may be considered a total bastard by everyone else, and I gladly use members of my own family to further our goals, but I will NOT allow anyone else to jeopardize their lives! And despite what I may wish, your daughter is about to become family, thus she is under MY protection! Is this understood, Soryu? She is to become an Ikari, no questions asked."
- And then Fuyutsuki punches Soryu in the stomach hard enough to K.O. him, just for good measure.
Fuyutsuki: Sorry, Commander. It seems my fist slipped. I apologize.Gendo (dismissively): Ah. Well, don't let it happen again. By the way, Fuyutsuki, make sure he and his wife leave Japan as soon as possible. I think there is a military cargo flight bound for Germany leaving shortly. See to it they are on it before it leaves, will you?Fuyutsuki: By your command.
- And then Fuyutsuki punches Soryu in the stomach hard enough to K.O. him, just for good measure.
- Few fanfics mimic their source material as perfectly as Houseplants of Gor, a parody of John Norman's Gor series. It's simultaneously a CMOA and a CMOF.
- The Tales of Vesperia fanfic "The Overlooking Crown", the sequel to "Black Brigade", has the fourth chapter stop a rebellion in the most awesome way possible. You have to read it.
- One excellent Yu-Gi-Oh! fic by the name of Homecoming featured the long-suffering Ryou Bakura, always portrayed as the helpless woobie in fanfiction, finally being pushed to his breaking point and slamming Yami Bakura in the face with a freaking baseball bat.
- There's the Mass Effect Self Insert Mass Vexations, during which Author Avatar Art finds himself having to drive the Mako after Shepard suffers a hand injury. Aside from turning that entire section into a not-too-subtle Back to the Future reference, it's a moment of awesome on its own given that Art successfully drives Shepard and the crew to the Conduit. What makes it even better is that it's the cap of an entire fic's worth of character development for Art; he's gone from someone who's never fired a firearm to a very good soldier by Alliance standards.
- The Legend of Zelda: Exoria: Link, a member of Hylian Joint Intelligence, needs to find a vehicle which he can use to get Princess Zelda out of the city. He finds the MRX402A ULATRV, codename Epona, and proceeds to avoid two road blocks (blowing up one and avoiding the other by getting up on the curb and turning into an alley), outrun or lose a total of Humvees, outrun the crumbling of a highway cause by one of two attack helicopters shooting out the support with a missile, trick one attack helicopter into crashing into a building, drive up a breaking tree to get on the upper level of a highway, fend off two gunsword wielders also on motorcycles, jump off one end of a drawbridge to land on the other, dodge a missile of the remaining helicopter whose blast cloud destroys said helicopter, and outrun a fricken' spider mecha .
- Kyon: Big Damn Hero has Kyon vs Yakuza, numerous times. All of them count: one was a Big Damn Heroes moment, another was with Nagato and they beat 24 Yakuza, and the third is another Big Damn Heroes moment that hasn't happened yet. It's Kyon on his own against 12 Yakuza.
- From the Doctor Who Dark Fic "Psycho Savior, qu'est-ce que c'est?", five words:
Ninth Doctor: Ha, ha! Drank your death.
- In Chapter 34 of Task Force 43, the titular Starfleet task force aides the Earth Alliance in fighting off the Minbari at Proxima. The Minbari later get a crowning moment of awesome when Delenn helps Mars by not allowing Earth Force from attacking them after Mars had joined the Federation.
- Ghosts of the Future, a Sonic fan-comic gets one around the Secret Rings arc with "I'm the ghost writer of this story". (Another bit of awesome, look at the improvement in the art) There was also "Let's get dangerous", but that was great for different reasons.
- Children of the Blue, a Blue Gender fanfic, features the scene where Yuji's son is kidnapped, and two of the kidnappers have been caught and are now being interrogated. The interrogator? Marlene Angel, who happens to be the kidnapped boy's mother. The kidnappers decide to cop an attitude. Anyone who's watched the show knows exactly how well that's going to work.
Marlene: Where did they take my son?Kidnapper #1: Bite me.*Marlene shoots him in the face, and casually points her gun at Kidnapper #2.Marlene: Where did they take my son?
- Kidnapper #2 spills the beans immediately. Captain Reynolds would be proud.
- FATE/Holy Grail War of 2814, an offshoot story of Takamachi Nanoha Of 2814, has Archer fighting the Wolkeritter by himself. Through a combination of Tracing, emotional manipulation based on his memories, and Unlimited Blade Works, he starts creating power rings. He starts with enraging the Wolkenritter by threatening Hayate, using their rage to make a Red ring (and making a giant angry construct of Rin), drawing on their love for her to make a Violet ring, and using Signum's will, Vita's hope, and Zafira's compassion to make Green, Blue, and Indigo. Despite bleeding from everywhere from the strain, he blasts them all with a Ring-Construct Starlight Breaker big enough to be seen from orbit and uses their fear to make a Yellow ring.
- Of course, all of that was to free them and the Book of Darkness from Angra Mainyu's corruption, upon which he willfully surrenders his Linker Core to help save Hayate's life. Even if you don't like him, you have to admit he always has style.
- A series of novelisations of the Half-Life games, The Black Mesa Incident and Welcome to City 17, are full to the brim with this trope, mostly by virtue of Gordon Freeman being Gordon Freeman. Even by his standards there are plenty of exceptional moments, including Gordon destroying a Gunship by dropping a piece of a bridge on it, destroying another Gunship by directing it into a Strider's warp cannon, then destroying that same Strider by riding on top of it and jamming a grenade into it, and killing the Nihilanth using nothing but his trusty crowbar, driving it straight into its brain.
- ALL of
ChapterEpisode 15 of Power Rangers GPX.
- Supernatural: Deterioration of Reason features an OC!Gabriel fighting a demon who had kidnapped, tortured and humiliated Castiel. Gabriel's Berserk Button was already pushed and he was already beating the crap out of the demon. But the moment the demon implied that he did something else to Castiel, even God himself has had enough. This sentence said it all.
It was the response of an incensed Father to the torture and ridicule of one of his sons, it was the vengeful mark of the Lord himself.
- In the Lyrical Nanoha fic ''Stahlkönigin: Nanoha using full power, blaster-3 Starlight Breaker to destroy a target with MASSIVE magic defense? Business as usual. Vivio withstanding the same attack for a minute or more in order to block it from hitting civilian buildings? Epic.
- The Homestuck fanfiction We're All Doomed has many, so I'll just list a few:
- Chapter 3: Future Gamzee 2 manages to throw off his murderous past self's tirade with one word: HoNk.
- Chapter 9: Tavros out-raps Dave. That is all.
- Chapter 12: All eleven trolls team up to beat Gamzee AND THEY MANAGE TO DO IT WITHOUT A SINGLE PERSON GETTING KILLED.
- Chapter 13: Everybody teams up, gives Doc Scratch an epic "The Reason You Suck" Speech, culminating in Sollux blowing up Doc Scratch's typewriter.
- Chapter 14: Can be summed up with the closing line: TG: lets kill us a First Guardian
- Chapter 15: Everybody teams up to beat Doc Scratch, but the best part has to be Aradia's awakening, which happens in the only way it could possibly be cooler than in canon: Aradia fools Doc Scratch into destroying her robot body while Derse explodes, wakes up, single-handedly engineers almost every major event since the timeline splintered, then goes back in time to mere seconds after she left, riding Bec. Hell yes!
- The Code Geass fanfic My Queen uses the premises that Kallen chose to stay with Lelouch instead of the Black Knights. During the Battle of Kaminejima, alone, she takes on the Royal Guard and the Knight of Twelve alone, defeating without much problems. She stands up against the Knight of One fairly, however, when the Knight of Six almost pulverizes the Shinkiro, where Lelouch was, things get ugly for her enemies. With INSANE levels of hot-bloodedness, she beheads the Mordred, much like Orange-kun, with her Radiation Wave, destroys and entire division of the Black Knights, destroys the Zangetsu, almost killing Todoh (he shouldn't have called Lelouch a demon) and destroys the Galahad, even Bismarck's Geass couldn't save him.
Todoh, after the battle: ...if his feelings for her are true...then Kallen Kozuki has become the most dangerous warrior on this planet..."
- The Glee fanfic And Innocents, which involves a Columbine-esque shooting at McKinley, is chock-full of these.
- There are so many in the shooting alone. First, Will Schuester reacts to the oncoming shooters by blocking the doorway to his classroom and taking every bullet the shooter unloads at him.
- Artie gets one when he gets Quinn, Santana, Mike, and Brittany out of the building, by carrying the latter three out on his lap. Two of them don't make it.
- Eric, Kurt's boyfriend (the fic was written before Blaine became a character) gets one when he takes a bullet for Kurt.
- Sue Sylvester takes a bullet for Becky. And lives.
- But the trophy goes to Finn and Puck, who take down both shooters in the music room, stopping them from killing Kurt and Eric, or anyone else. Finn then goes on to keep Puck and Eric alive until the paramedics get there.
- Finn gets another CMOA in the aftermath. Eric had been driven out of his home by his violently homophobic mother and brother and was now living with Finn and Kurt. [[spoiler:His brother stops by to try to force him to come back, so that he can "bring him out of his perverted lifestyle." The brother attacks Kurt and Eric. Finn
- Chapter 16 of the Code Geass fic Code Geass Megiddo. Through a combination of attrition and superior numbers, the Black Knights are on the verge of being wiped out by the Britannians in Pearl City, following their strike on the Harbor. In response Kallen, activating her Geass to map out the city and identify enemy units amidst the chaos, declares, "Lelouch... This is my miracle!" and attacks and obliterates the bulk of the Britannian forces by herself.
- The Family Guy fic Payback from a Pipe has Stewie beats up Quagmire after he beat Brain in Quagmire's Dad then he calls Glenn out on his hypocrisy over the stuff he said to Brain and deals him a "Reason You Suck" Speech and makes Quagmire apologize to Brain. Fro those who hate how Glenn has been treating Brian lately this is perfect for you.
- In a cutway in ch.38 of Family Guy's The Spellbook which a I call "Aquaman's Revenge"
Peter dressed as Black Manta: Surrender, you fool! We all know that you have no powers out of water!Aquaman: Outrighteous! I can't believe that you don't know that this is !Peter: Ohhhhhhhhhhh shi-
- Poland, in the Hetalia fanfiction 1940: Lithuania. He spends the first two thirds of the story alternating between being forced to work in a factory making uniforms for German soldiers and getting beaten up by Russia and locked in his room for several days at a time for not knowing when to shut up. Then Lithuania sneaks into Poland's room and finds out that Poland has been running an organized resistance movement from his closet this whole time and mailing instructions to his rebel forces by climbing out of his second story window and sneaking off to the post office, mailing the coded letters, then climbing back into his room, despite the fact that he is seriously weakened because Germany and Russia are killing so many of his people. Also, he blew up one of Germany's ammunition factories offscreen.
- In the Lucky Star fanfic The Day Everything Changed, after seeing Kagami be mercilessly attacked and laughed at by the fanfic's main antagonist, Konata decides that the time has come to take a stand against her friend's attacker. Despite being a foot shorter and about 75 pounds smaller, she ends up winning. What makes it even more awesome is the fact that she herself was badly beaten up during the scuffle but she still kept fighting, determined to protect Kagami from any more harm. Well done, Konata. My hat goes off to you.
- The scene where Kirby destroys Dark Matter in The Dream Land Story is undeniably awesome. Kirby manages to catch Dark Matter (which had previously shown itself to have almost perfect reaction time) off guard, giving it a ruthless beatdown with the Star Rod.
- The Doctor Who fic Invisible Road gives us this awesome Badass Boast:
The Sontarans call me a warrior. The Cybermen call me a threat. And the Daleks called me the Fiveslayer. I have faced down ghosts and blood-drinkers, sun-eaters and world-burners. And if you, or any of your silly little ships, want to take anyone off this planet, you tell them Ace McShane will be waiting for them.note
- A Happy Ending, a L.A. Noire fanfic taking place after the ending, has Jack Kelso killing Roy Earle.
Roy Earle: Los Angeles is a big city, Jack. The police will find you, I swear it!
Jack Kelso: Then I don't care.
- Slightly meta, but the existence of Yuletide. Fans from around the world get together once a year to give each other presents in the form of stories for small fandoms. Several of the fandom categories on Archive of Our Own were created just for Yuletide. As December becomes the month of Yuletide with fans gushing about how much and why they love such-and-such small fandom, the craziness of the chats, the hippos leaping in to help out, anyone who rushes in for a last minute beta during Yuletide madness, the army of pitch hitters standing by to make sure no one goes without a Yuletide story... It's all GLORIOUS
- Heads is Heads, a Battle Royale fanfic involving Kazuo starting up a Program resistance group. Eventually, he, Shinji, Shuya, and about ten of the other students succeed in blowing up the school and escaping Okishima.
Shinji Mimura: I...have lived the dream...I have done what every student in the world dreams of...I have blown up the school!
- Getting Even With the Girls, a Persona 4 fanfic, has the boys pulling pranks on the girls as revenge for the incident at the Amagi Inn. As soon as the girls open their gifts, they got owned; Chie got hit with a boxing glove, Yukiko got a bomb exploding on her, Rise got hit with a paintball, and Naoto got a pie on her face. Sweet revenge, indeed.
Yosuke: I think we handle that very maturely.Yu: Yes, that felt good.(The girls got owned by their "gifts")Yu: That felt better.Yosuke: Yeah, it did.
- The pro wrestling fanfic, A Ring Of Their Own climaxes with a match between Molly Holly and Victoria - two out of three falls, no time limit, loser gets their head shaved. The match runs the entire length of the show and goes down as one of the greatest matches in pro wrestling history.
- Chapter 6 of Soda at 70 proof, a Codename: Kids Next Door Numbuh 86/Numbuh 362 Slash Fic, has a truly awesome moment for the now-teenaged 362/Rachel, when she is captured by the Teen Ninjas. She starts by playing Distressed Damsel, fooling her guard into revealing all necessary intel, then breaks free and beats him up. She is then bound with chains and handcuffs and confronted by Chad Dickson who tries to brainwash her with a Boyfriend Helmet. She breaks free of the chains, and short-cicuits the Helmet, blacking out the room and giving herself a heart attack in the process. And then this happen:
She trails off and is silent for a moment, then, "Do you know why you were undefeated? While you were with the KND, I mean. Do you know why your sparring record was spotless?""Well, yeah," Chad scoffs. "It's because I was the best. Still am.""No," Rachel whispers. A shiver runs up Chad's spine. "It's because you never fought me."(cue Curb-Stomp Battle)
- Naruto:Asunder: Hinata plans and performs a coup with only 5 people (Her, Naruto, Lee, Shino and Shikamaru) where she becomes Clan Head (by defeating her father), Naruto has removed the Caged-Bird seal from every Branch member and Lee, Shino and Shikamaru take down all the elders and Main Branch members. The coup was planned in 3 years. It successfully went off in 2 hours.
- Naruto, Hinata and Lee's Dying Moment of Awesome. Naruto creates a mini-black hole to kill Madara. Lee breaks Samehada with a kick before punching Kisame out of existence. Hinata turns Zetsu into (acidic) liquid.
-  Kojiokida 2's Sonic X fanfics take the HSQ and break it multiple times over!
- Nazo, in this series the fusion of Sonic and Shadow defeating Metal Overlord by shoving a Chaos Control warp right in his face!
- Amy, of all people, finally managing use of the Chaos Emeralds. Who does she fight? Dark Super Sonic!!
- Sonic completely smoking Jet in their final race. Note that unlike Sonic Riders, Sonic runs on his feet, being more true to his character.
- In the Grand Finale Sonic ascends to Hyper Sonic by merging the Chaos and Sol emeralds, and supplies his power to virtually everybody in the main cast, giving them the ability to turn super in order to stop Mephiles and Iblis.
- In the RWBY fic "Massages", misunderstandings make most of the school think Jaune is having sex with several of the girls (he isn't; he just gives really good massages). Cardin, who is rather jealous, ambushes Jaune along with his boys. Then, he starts talking about he plans to "show them who's better in bed" all while he and the other three beat the crap out of Jaune, not noticing that Jaune is getting angrier and angrier with every word. Once Carden finishes listing what he'll do to the girls with Pyrrha, Jaune goes completely berserk. With his Aura "exploding around him like a white inferno" with enough force to melt concrete, he brutally KO's all three of Cardin's lackeys in one blow, and then proceeds to demolish Cardin, caving in his family-heirloom chestplate armor with a single punch, blocking his mace attack with his bare hand, and then finishes Cardin with a blow "that packed as much punch as Nora's famous hammer". It takes Headmaster Ozpin knocking Jaune unconscious to stop him from killing Cardin (though he mainly stepped in because Jaune was in very real danger of fatally burning himself out from how much Aura he was using).
- A New World: The Story of A Lost Shinobi has many. Special mention goes to the Phantom Arc, with highlights like Naruto redirecting Jupiter by PUNCHING IT!
- The climax of the Soul Eater fic What It Means To Lose Control, specifically, how Stein breaks Medusa's influence over him after enduring eleven chapters worth of emotional abuse and manipulation: he performs surgery on himself to remove the snake she's placed in his body, ending with him pulling the thing out of his insides with his bare hands. He takes the opportunity to gloat to Medusa (she can hear and see him with the snake) about how she's finally lost, and then blows the snake up with a Soul Menace .
Stein: You lose, Medusa. Your hold on me is gone. It never occurred to you that I had a chance, did it? That I'd have the strength, the mental composure to excise you from myself? You thought it was only a matter of time before I returned to you and let you put my broken mind back together as you saw fit. I'll never go back to you. Good-bye, Medusa.
- Being Meiling is pretty much one giant one for one of the Touhou fandom's biggest Butt Monkeys. Highlights include:
- In the very first thread, when Marisa shows up to steal books from Patchouli, Meiling simply snatches her mini-hakkero out of her hands and plays a game of monkey-in-the-middle with Sakuya.
- Her fight with Yuugi. It ends with Ancient City in an absolute shambles, though for the oni, it's just another Tuesday.
- In the second-to-last thread, what does Meiling do with a pyromaniac fairy, a magnet gun, a chemical sprayer filled with flammable foam, an air horn, a couple of billy clubs, and a wardrobe of fetish-y outfits? Why, humiliate the Watatsuki Sisters, of course.
- Even better, this was inspired by an earlier event where Cirno took down Yukari with a cradle, a boom box, a wind-up mouse, and some fried tofu.
- In the last thread, when the aforementioned pyromaniac fairy goes mad with power after finding Kaguya's robe of the fire rat, Meiling calms her down with The Power of Friendship.
- In Xendra, the titular character (a temporarily female Xander Harris) and a few other normal humans wipe out a nest of dozens of vampires without Buffy's help. First they tamper with a firework and use it to ignite over a dozen vamps in a cemetery. Then they fill the nest's warehouse basement with gasoline (via sewer tunnels that run downhill into the basement) and ignite it, then use Andrew's flying monkey summons to throw several molotov cocktails into the nest. When the vamps try to flee via buses with blacked out windows, they run over the spike strips Xendra's group had laid out just in front of the warehouse's doors. All told a few dozen vampires dead and their human accomplices arrested and not a single injury on the Scoobies' side.
- The Ultra Series fanfic Ultraman Moedari contains several crowning moments of awesome, besides a Madoka-esque plot with an insane ending. Worth it.
- Lunaram kicking Moedari in the face with an entire moon.
- Jake as the Satunamist's killing of Yapool. There Is No Kill Like Overkill indeed...
- Ultraman Finem's entrance, destroying an entire planet and then easily defeating three of the most powerful ultras in existence. His past, conquering an entire nation of ultras singlehanded.
- His duel with Lunaram as well, smashing planets and creating a black hole.
- The ending itself. It's very bittersweet but totally epic.
And still the light shone!
- Anna and her gigantic store of deadly weapons.
- Pretty much everything Father Leo does, period. Examples include easily defeating Virido, Miryuu and Moedari and his duel with Lunaram. He throws a fridge at someone too.
- Madame Kandakai completing training courses in five minutes, which take Jake hours to do.
- Mumen Rider in Serious Saitama manages to lead a group of Subterraneans away from a civilian evacuation despite said monsters being strong enough that only S-Class heroes stand a chance against them and even A-Class can only distract them at best.
- Worm - Waterworks has Danny Hebert's retaliation against Winslow for letting the bullying against his daughter go too far: not only he decides to homeschool Taylor, he manages to persuade every member of the Dockers Union with a kid in Winslow to withdraw them from the school. This is over seventy kids, meaning that Winslow will lose a substantial amount of money and have to face an investigation from the Board of Education. All of this perfectly legal. Many reviewers expressed admiration for Danny over that.