"They said, 'What do you think about Mickey Mouse? Would you be interested in doing a Mickey Mouse game?' And I said, 'No! Because I don't do games for kids. You've done an incredibly good job of making Mickey lame and irrelevant to anybody over the age of eight over the last 30 years. I don't do games for kids.' They said, 'No, no, no! We want someone to reinvigorate this character, reinvent this character.' I literally said: 'You know, this is probably impossible, we're probably going to fail. I'm in.'"
— Warren Spector signing on for something very few people could possibly predict.
- The fact that Disney traded off a flesh-and-blood sportscaster to get Oswald the Lucky Rabbit back, just for his appearance in the game.
- Not just any sportscaster, but Al Michaels, who is most well-known for his famous call of "Do you believe in miracles? YES!
- This video. Cartoon mouse or not, if you can break iron shackles with sheer willpower, and then follow that up by scaring away the local Eldritch Abomination with a paintbrush, you're probably a badass.
- "The mysterious intruder was gone. I did not learn his identity... Well, not for a very long time."
- Meta example: The concepts behind Epic Mickey were created by a group of college interns. You know, the people who usually get coffee and run errands for full-time employees? Yeah, they just rebooted one of the most well-known franchises in media history. And, from the looks of things, they did one HECK of a good job.
- Tell me this — What is more awesome than shooting fireworks to defeat the Big Bad and save
thea world in the process?
- This video features music from the upcoming game. It's a piece that doesn't know if it wants to be bouncy old school cartoon music, or something far more epic and sinister. Hell, at times it's bouncily sinister... which is kind of worrying.