- Crowning Music of Awesome: Its big showstopping number, "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going". Just watch this clip from the 1982 Tony Awards. And yes, that's a younger and thinner Loretta Divine playing Lorell.
- And Sheryl Lee Ralph and Obba Babatunde. The show was packed with talent.
- "Steppin' To The Bad Side" does not get the respect it so rightfully deserves.
- At the end of the 2006 movie, Effie joins the Dreams and sings the Triumphant Reprise. This also doubles as a Heartwarming Moment as Effie's daughter is watching her perform and fights back tears.
- After years of being forced to sing sappy ballads, Jimmy finally gets fed up and lays down a jam his way.
"I can't do it no more! I can't sing no more sad songs!"