- The crew of the Stingray tricking a top-of-the-line nuclear submarine into letting them go free by posing as a fishing boat. Complete with a rousing chorus of "Louie, Louie" to help convince the Orlando's crew that they're hearing a bunch of drunk fishermen.
- "45 cents, sir. A quarter and two dimes."
- Dodge's message to the Orlando acknowledging their firing solution and the 'destruction' of the Stingray (congratulating the Orlando's captain and crew for the prosecution, and deliberately neglecting to mention the admiral on board). Then he adds that he launched his torpedoes just before they locked on target, so he wins the wargame when the target ship explodes gloriously in the harbor.
- How the Stingray managed to sneak into the harbor: they hid the submarine in the SONAR blind spot created by a freighter's engines, allowing them to sneak right past the entire fleet that was hunting them. Which by the way would totally work in real life.
- While it would be easy to say "Every crazy scheme they tried that worked," Stepanek's saving of the engine room when it starts taking on water takes the cake for individuality. First he gives a (VERY brief) Rousing Speech to the crew that wants to abandon, then when it looks at first they have things under control, the Main breaks and is twice as bad as all the rest put together. Stepanek picks up a brace and single-handedly charges straight against the geyser to clamp it down.
Stepanek: DRESS REHEARSAL FOR HELL, BOYS!!!
- Then, as stated under Jerkass Fašade, he considered it fun.
- Stepanek not deliberately giving away the Stingray while it's in Silent Running Mode, despite it being the quickest and easiest way to achieve his stated goal of getting reassigned from submarine duty — more specifically, the reason he gives for passing up the chance.
Dodge: You missed a good opportunity there. One noise out of you, we would have been in a lot of trouble.
Stepanek: That would be unethical, sir. I only intend to screw myself. That woulda screwed everybody.
- As Graham is trying to intimidate Dodge:
Rear Admiral Yancy Graham: You watch yourself, Dodge! You are addressing a superior officer.Lt. Comd. Dodge: No... Merely a higher ranking one!