Awesome: Diary of a Wimpy Kid
- In the first book, Patty gets angry at Greg during a school play and basically throws a temper tantrum. Greg gets annoyed and thows an apple at her. Just so you know, the play was of Wizard of Oz, with Patty as Dorthy and Greg as a tree and the apple wasn't seen as awesome in Greg's mothers eyes.
Frank: I thought she deserved it.
- Also doubles as heartwarming: after the play, Greg goes out to see his family, and they just walk away disappointed ...except Frank. Frank looks down at Greg, and then...
- In the first movie, Rowley tries to invoke this trope by restraining Rodrick from attacking Greg, thought it doesn't really work.
- Greg singing and nailing "Total Eclipse of the Heart", after a montage of kids who had failed to do so.
- Another one from the movie, on Halloween, Greg and Rowley manage to intimidate the teenage bullies with a weedwhacker.
- Pretty much the whole Exploded Diaper scene in the second movie. Although In-Universe, everyone was cheering for Mrs. Heffley dancing in the background. Also during that scene Rodrick gets back at Bill for being a jerk to him by kicking him out of the band.
- Fregley gets one with that scary story he told in the third movie.
- "SHUT UP STAN!!"
- Greg's elaborate prank to get back at Stan in the third movie.
I'll show him what a Heffley is made of.