Awesome: Deep Blue Sea
- For the Token Minority character, the cook, Sherman "Preacher" Dudley, gets several good moments.
Cook: "You ate my bird. *Cue the lighter flung into the room, setting off the gas leak and blowing up the shark*
- Getting trapped in an oven in a flooded kitchen—with a super-intelligent shark outside, whose ramming the oven to try and get at him turned on the gas just because the situation wasn't bad enough—isn't enough to stop him. He manages to take advantage of the oven's relatively weak walls to bust his way out and make his escape. But not before...
Sherman: Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for thou art with me. Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me. Surely, through this, your mercy shall follow me all the days of my life...because I carry a big stick, and I'm the ''meanest'' motherfucker in the valley. Two sharks down, Lord. One demon fish to go. Can I get an amen?!Others: Amen!
- As the survivors get ready to make their escape, Sherman—who, it should be noted, is deeply religious—takes their hands and leads them in a prayer for good luck, delivered with such gusto that it might as well be a Badass Creed:
- Sherman gets nabbed by the last shark in the climax. But where the others in this situation got killed, Cook hangs on long enough to take his crucifex and stab the shark several times until he's able to get free!
- And finally, topping it all off, he's the one that takes the shot to pin an explosive harpoon to the last shark, then sets off the explosives attached to it that kills it for good.
- Russell Franklin's Rousing Speech to the rest of the survivors was pretty damn awesome. He actually succeeds in restoring calm to the panicking group and begins to outline a plan of escape. And no, the fact that a shark popped up and cut him off in no way detracts from his awesomeness.