Awesome: Daredevil: Born Again
- Plenty of them throughout the series, but the one that stands out is when Nuke attacks New York and Murdock finally puts on the Daredevil costume again... Nuke's handlers give him coloured pills to control him (red to fire him up, white to cool him down, blue to keep him docile) After bombing a building he reaches back to his handler with
Nuke: Gimme a red!
- Turn over to a final-page splash of Matt, back in red and silhouetted against a wall of flame, with a single caption box:
- "NEXT: ARMAGEDDON"
- Even Foggy Nelson gets one, when he manages to drive away a mugger by tossing a bowling ball (It was a Christmas gift for a friend) at him.
- Ben Urich pistol whipping a dirty cop to death.
- A major supporting character's moment comes when Nuke breaks out of his chains, overdoses his Red stimulants and goes berserk shooting everyone inside the military base as a kind of representation of America as a mindlessly destructive behemoth. Then, he hears his bullets bounce off a star surrounded by red and white concentric circles as the symbol of the USA at its most noble, Captain America, charges in to stop this maniac.
- Even before you see the iconic shield, you see Nuke's horrified - and awed - expression as he sees what he's shooting at.
- "I'm loyal to nothing, General — except the Dream" - Captain America. Just by saying that, Cap proves why he's a guy whose voice can command gods.
- Another great sums-up-everything-you-need-to-know-about-him line from Cap: "He wears the flag."
- It's also perhaps Thor's best 80's moment not written by Walt Simonson. He doesn't even do anything—he just stands in shadows making it rain—but the threat is there that even if Nuke can take out Cap and Iron Man, he's not even close to finished.
- You want to know how scary Kingpin can be even when he doesn't to kill someone? How about when an underling raises an objection to his plans, and Wesley mentions that the underling likes to ski. To that, the Kingpin simply says "Compound fracture, both legs." and that's when Fisk is being merciful in his point of view.
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.