- Someone by the name of Lycerius has been playing a Civ II game (known as The Eternal War) for ten years. The result of said ten years? A Grade A Crapsack World. A three-way power struggle between super powers fighting for resources and the front lines have not changed in 1,000 years. Places are nuked again and again just as radiation starts to disappear and people are dying by the droves. Yet the player's dedication is incredible. On a brighter note, Vikings with nukes are pretty awesome once you get past how depressing that world is. Lycerius has been getting hundreds of responses and suggestions on how to end the war that has been going on for thousands of years and he has plans to try to stop it and get to clean up.
"What happened to you, Lycerius? We trusted you!"
- Update: One of the three civilizations has been wiped out and the environment is finally getting repaired. After a thousand years of war, things are starting to get better...
- More notably, others are picking up where Lycerius left off to try and make the world better. Some have succeeded.
- However, Lycerius himself seems to have gone off the deep end.
- Try out your favorite utter failure of a tactic: From attacking Russia on land to a war on two fronts, your skill and the difficulty level can mean the difference between perfect reenactment and massive success