For the Marvel Comics Civil War
- It may not be awesome in terms of action, but it still counts. Spider-Man, after changing sides and joining Captain America's side, wants to know how can Captain America cope with the idea of stading for something that goes against the opinion of the vast majority of the country. This is his awesome answer◊.
- Of course, Iron Man had his own moment of an awesome speech to justify his point. See it here◊
- Amazing. Spectacular!◊
- Captain America vs. Spider-Man. During one of the tie-ins, the two wind up fighting each other. Even though Spider-Man has vastly superior super-powers to Captain America (who's "merely" the absolute peak of human potential without going over), Spider-Man has his work cut out for him, as Steve's superior experience and commitment carry the day. Spider-Man at one point tries to analyze Captain America's moves, only to realize there are no "moves," just a seamless transition from one attack to the next to the next, a master ballet of combat. Spider-Man's already having his doubts about Tony Stark's decisions, but when Captain America throws his shield at Spider-Man, Peter's internal monologue calls it "The symbol of the whole freaking country, and he threw it at me." It's that moment, more than any other, that cements that it's when Peter turns coat away from Tony, not if.
- Hercules destroying Clor with his own hammer cemented Hercules into full Ensemble Darkhorse in the sixth issue.
Hercules: How darest thou wear the flesh of the Odinson? I knew Thor... Thor was a friend of mine... and you know something, imposter? THOU ART NO THOR!
- Herc gets another one in the 4th issue. Cap is on the receiving end of a very one-sided beatdown from Iron Man. Cue Hercules coming in with a gigantic metal globe and beating down Iron Man with it, allowing others to rescue Cap
- Cap gets points for his (usual) sheer tenacity to keep fighting despite the beatdown
- Iron Man gets one for not listening to his base feelings and refusing to attack Cap physically and resorting to sonics to put him down. Cap still doesn't go down though.