The final battle counts for Murphy! She killed a Physical God with one hit— after cutting her way through a crowd of vampires and elite half-vamps to get to him!
False gods! Pretenders! Usurpers of truth! Destroyers of faith, of families, of lives, of children! For your crimes against the Mayans, against the peoples of the world, now will you answer! Your time has come! Face judgment Almighty!
- Murphy isn't really the one saying that — she comments later that something else was speaking through her. Considering the circumstances, that line above is probably a Pre Ass Kicking One Liner directly from a freaking Archangel.
- Lea basically calls out that it was The Archangel Micheal who was spouting off. The combat was all Murphy though.
- Fidelacchius bleached her clothes and Bob was circling around her head to protect her from the Lords of the Outer Night's psychic assault. So she
looked like was an avenging archangel in holy white, with a glowing golden halo, laying waste with frigging Kusanagi, The Sword of the Gathering Clouds of Heaven.
- Foreshadowing: You know, exactly like she looks whenever Harry looks at her with the Sight?
- Even better when you read back and notice the foreshadowing: When Harry arrives to find his crew waiting to go, she's playing chess with someone. What move is she noted as making when Harry walks into the room? Moving a Knight into a horde of enemy pieces.
And she raised Fidelacchius, let out a scream that had startled a great many large men working out at her dojo, and plunged into the warriors of the Red Court like a swimmer breasting a wave.
, I hadn't meant she should do that.