Awesome: BRIAN BLESSED
- In Stephen Fry's Fry's Planet Word, he discusses William Shakespeare with Blessed, who notes that a lot of people don't really realise what "To be or not to be?" means because the phrase has become so famous. So he explained it to some university students by pulling a pistol, firing a shot into the ceiling of the lecture theatre, then holding it to his head and bellowing "TO BE, OR NOT TO BE?!!"
- The man punched a polar bear in the face and scared it off. Somewhere in Heaven, God is looking down and going, "Yep, that's how you make 'em".
- He's training to be a cosmonaut, to visit the International Space Station. At seventy-six. SEVENTY. FUCKING. SIX.
- The fact that he attempted to climb Mount Everest, 3 times! That's determination.
- During a production of King Lear in 2015, he collapsed on stage, falling off a raised with a heart problem. After twenty minutes of being assessed by a surgeon and a cup of tea, he came back and finished the show. He carried on with the run for another week until having to withdraw on medical advice - but read the first part again.
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.