Awesome: Blazing Saddles
- Hired goon Mongo walks into town, and is confronted by a man on a horse. Mongo punches THE HORSE in the face, KOing it instantly.
- The Railroad workers, when asked to sing a "Good ole' nigger work song", ultimately trick their white bosses into singing instead, by first singing an a Capella the Cole Porter song "I Get a Kick Out of You" and pretending not to know "Swing low Sweet Chariot" or "Camp Town Ladies".
- Bart taking himself hostage was even better.
- Which is just a part of his Guile Hero journey of becoming the sheriff they'll listen to. Can we have a Crowning Character of Awesome?
- This troper always liked that the fight at the end was so big that it spilled over into another movie.
- The railroad workers volunteer to save the town in exchange for some land - when the town grudgingly okays but adds "but we don't want the Irish!" the black and Chinese workers won't have it. The town says "Aww, prairie shit...everybody!" Yes.
- The scene where Black Bart and the Waco Kid stand up to Taggart and his men at the railroad. After an hour of black characters passively accepting racial abuse, Bart tells Taggart to "watch that 'boy' shit, redneck." As that villains line up to kill Bart, there's real tension in that scene, complete with dramatic music, as if they might actually Just Shoot Him. And saving the hero is up to the Waco Kid, a character we don't quite believe in yet. A brilliant scene on many levels.
Bart: Well, don't just stand there looking stupid grasping your hands in pain — how about a little applause for the Waco Kid?
[Villains applaud sheepishly]
- Bart riding out of the back lot after Hedley while the main theme blares may be the most heroic moment in the film.
- Brains over brawn: Bart delivers a "candygram for Mongo." The first half of the Looney Tunes stinger plays. Mongo opens the box and gets a powder blast for his trouble. Then we get the other half of the stinger.