Even though it's a comedy-based strip, Big Nate
still has its awesome moments.
- There's a series of strips in which Nate joins Marcus's posse. Eventually, Nate grows lonely and attempts to rejoin his group. When confronted by Marcus, he makes the best comeback:
Marcus: When you joined my posse, I told you not to hang out with any losers!
Nate: (walking away with his friends) I won't.
- In one baseball strip, Nate gets chewed out by the coach for practicing the trombone (yes, the trombone) in the right field. Mid-rave, another team gets a run. Nate catches it, and uses the trumpet to blast it into the catcher's hand.
- "Anything could happen", indeed.
- Nate is cheating at Monopoly. Nothing unusual there. But Teddy and Francis finally find a solution.
- One chess tournament opponent decides to really Trash Talk Nate. It backfires.
Opponent: Do you want to know how I know I'm winning? When you're winning, you get in my face, bark like a dog, things like that.
Nate: (silently moves a chess piece) Checkmate.
(Opponent stares at the board in shock)