Awesome: Attitude Era
The Attitude Era was home to some of the most memorable events in Professional Wrestling, and helped propel it's superstars into household names. Below are just a few of the events during that era.
- "Stone Cold" Steve Austin's speech at King of the Ring after defeating Jake "The Snake" Roberts (who at the time was a born again Christian), while it was some time before the era, was a preview of things to come.
"You sit there and you thump your bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere. Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16: Austin 3:16 says I just whipped your ass!"
- The WrestleMania XIII submission match between Austin and Bret Hart, where his face was beaten to bloody hamburger and locked in the sharpshooter he passed out rather than tapped, is pointed at by some as the beginning of the Attitude Era.
- A match between Hart and The Undertaker with Shawn Michaels as the guest referee led to the first Hell in a Cell, where Michaels dropped off the cell into the announce table and Kane made his debut by ripping off the cell door.
- Hot off the heels of the Montreal Screwjob the WWF brought in Mike Tyson to be at Wrestlemania XIV. Even Eric Bischoff on the rival WCW thought it was an impressive move.
- After years of being assaulted by WCW D-Generation X fired back, literally, by dressing in army gear and invading where they held events.
- Mick Foley and The Undertaker battling in the second Hell in a Cell, perhaps the most famous match in all of Professional Wrestling.
- Austin's feud with Vince Mcmahon was a CMOA that lasted throughout the era, from Vince trying to keep the WWF championship off Austin to Austin's various retaliation attacks, usually involving vehicles.
- Wrestlemania XV was a very solid event with Triple H turning heel and Austin's match with The Rock.
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.