* Laura busting Shadow out of the train car he's being held in, effortlessly killing all the guards.
** [[spoiler:Stabbing Loki through her own body.]]
* Sam's "I believe" speech.
* Shadow [[spoiler:[[VerbalJudo stepping into the middle of the climactic battle and revealing Odin's whole plot, causing all of them to immediately turn around and go home.]]]]
* Wututu, twelve years old and terrified, being transported on a slave ship to an unknown destination, successfully bluffs a would-be rapist into leaving her alone.
* From The Monarch of The Glens, Grendel's Mother warns Smith that Shadow is not to be touched. One line in particular, stands out.
--> "There’s worse things than dying,” she said. “And I know most of them"
** Keep in mind that outwardly she appears to be a little old woman. And Smith & Mr. Alice are crooks of ''very'' elite order. But Smith knows better than to tempt her anger.