The Yandere no Onna no Ko
Drama CD are tracks based about three different stories with yanderes
. The listener is in the position of the unfortunate main character, an Ordinary High School Student
who is loved by various girls who happen to be yandere
. Each track is focused on each girl's point of view and a Downer Ending
for the poor protagonist. It should be noted that the protagonist of the three CD is a different guy each.
Here's the Character Page
This series provides examples of:
- All Love Is Unrequited: Mostly in Drama CD 2, mainly because the Protagonist does not want to choose between the girls and wants to keep his distance instead. Not that it stops the girls.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Usually the nicest girls are the ones who kill the Protagonist in the most awful gore ways, like the quiet Sonoko or the cheerful Yumemi. Subverted in the case of Elise, being a Nice Girl until the very end. She kills her sister Alice, who was the cause of her suffering, but gets to be with the Protagonist, who does not know what happened to Alice.
- Big Sister Instinct: Alice towards Elise. However, it is later revealed to be one-sided incest.
- Bishōnen: Despite we never got to see the faces of either the Protagonist of each CD, they are presumed to be this.
- Break the Cutie: All of the girls.
- Brooding Boy, Gentle Girl: Elise wants to be this for the 3rd Protagonist.
- Clingy Jealous Girl : All of them.
- Clueless Chick Magnet: Especially the 1st Protagonist, who is quite an airhead. Causes SEVERAL issues later.
- Creepy Child: Nana and Nono.
- Darker and Edgier: Each ending has a more violent death for the Protagonists.
- Disney Death: Nagisa, after being attacked and horribly injured by a berserking Ayase. She even stands up and goes to her house for help. Unfortunately Ayase was there and killed her off for real.
- Dissonant Serenity: Many of the girls are extremely cheerful and upbeat even as they inflict horrible punishments on the protagonist or describe how they've gotten rid of the competition, especially Nana and Nono, who have no concept of death and simply believe they are playing.
- Downer Ending: With the exception of Elise's track.
- Expy: Most of the girls are Shout Outs to other yandere anime characters:
- Face-Heel Turn: Alice, although it's implied that she was never really a good girl.
- Freudian Excuse: Itís always the Protagonist's fault. The 1st was Oblivious to Love. The second decided to use Obfuscating Stupidity, only to backfire at him. While the 3rd is a Gullible Lemming.
- Go Mad from the Isolation: The girls who don't kill the Protagonist often force him to isolate from everyone and threaten him by force.
- Hopeless Suitor: Sakuya, Yumemi, Iori, Nana and Nono to the poor 2nd Protagonist.
- Love Martyr
- Love Makes You Evil/Love Makes You Crazy
- Kick the Son of a Bitch / The Dog Bites Back: Eliseís ruthless threatment of Alice in her track.
- Murder Is the Best Solution
- My Sister Is Off Limits: God damnit, NagisaÖ
- Alice feels the same way.
- Never My Fault: In Alice's track, she blames the Protagonist for her sister's suicide, despite how Elise first called her out on taking away everyone else she ever cared about.
- No Guy Wants to Be Chased: Especially with those yanderes clinging around.
- The Not So Harmless Punishment
- Poor Communication Kills: All over the place, but the Sakuranomiya twins are a prime example. Alice justifies her actions as 'protecting' Elise, but Elise believes she sees her as worthless and nothing more as someone she can bully and torment.
- Sanity Slippage
- Sex Is Evil and I Am Horny: The caus of Iori's Heel-Face Turn was her inability to come to terms with her attraction to the Protagonist.
- Stalker with a Crush: Yumemi.
- Yandere: It is rather obvious with the title.