- In Avatar: The Abridged Series episode 11, the leader of the Northern Water Tribe gives a feast of "seal testicles, penguin testicles, polar bear testicles, and gazpacho".
- Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series Kaiba: "You can take over my company, you can kidnap my little brother, you can even try to kill me but when you F*ck with Video Games, you've gone too far."
- In Bring Me All Your Elderly!, Iroh brings up what could result from meddling between two separate realities: "injuries, death, the end of the universe as we know it, badly written teenage drama... The possibilities are endless."
- This Axis Powers Hetalia Kink Meme fill shows the nations' meeting expenses; they spent thousands and thousands of dollars on everything from strippers to long-distance phone calls to tweezers, and then one dollar and fifty cents on gum.
- In the Bleach fanfic The First Guardian, the first chapter has a list of things Ichigo can't do (given to him by his Zanpakuto Spirit):
"You can't fly, Ichigo."
"You can't phase through walls, Ichigo."
"You can't read minds, Ichigo."
"You can't use the Force to trick people into buying you things, Ichigo. The Force doesn't even exist."
"You can't stay up all night today, you have exams coming up soon and you have to be on your best."
- Examples from the Calvinverse:
- Done repeatedly in Can You Imagine That?.
Calvin: What're we going to do? Why is he chasing us? How will we escape? Where does this path lead? When will our bedtime be?
- Then there's this:
Calvin: Yesterday, you made a remark on the feasible membership of Susie Derkins. She is the rival of our club. Plus, she's a girl!
- Also this:
Hobbes: Of course, when I say 'big galoot', it means that you're handsome, intelligent, and, uh, both of your legs are the same length.
- Another example:
- From Calvin and Hobbes Get XTREME!:
Hobbes: We're raving from cold and starvation and lack of comic books.
- One gag in Calvin and Hobbes III: Double Trouble has the aliens smashing several of Calvin's mom's antiques, causing her to cry out every time. It ends with them destroying a clock worth about 50 bucks (compared to the fine china that was destroyed before). She reacts in exactly the same way.
- In Retro Chill, Calvin says that second grade involves "mustard gas, whips, swinging pendulums and long division."
- From Calvin and Hobbes: The Series:
Lenny: Uh, bad news, boss! It would appear that Dave blew up the navigation console, and Biff knocked off the steering wheel. And Jeff just broke a window!
- And from another episode:
Andy: Where do you suppose that (a door) leads to?
Sherman: I dunno. Dungeon, torture room, bloodthirsty zombie, the mansion's balcony.
- Another instance:
- And again:
Sherman: (translating hieroglyphics) Let me see here, curse... curse... another curse... insurance guarantee... ah, here we go.
- And in the very first episodenote , Hobbes lists his Overly Long Name as "The Ultimate and Most Powerful Predator on the Planet Earth, with Razor Sharp Teeth, Deadly Claws, and Urge to Kill Stuff, and Also Has Opposable Thumbs, and is Able to Stand Up On Two Legs".
- Then there's "Thunderstorm", which has this:
Thunderstorm: Success! Now we have absolute threat! Excellent! The place can actually do some evil-like damage now! Every glitch is finally repaired! The gamma-rays are fully-loaded, the laser-cannons are set, the navicomp is functional, and the cappuccino machine has bendy straws! I'M IN THE GROOVE AGAIN!
- And the three listed objects that "seemed remotely suspicious" are knives, razors, and English IV textbooks.
- From "Camping Trip Part 2":
Mom: CALVIN, BE CAREFUL!
Hobbes: YOU CAN DO IT!
Dad: DON'T LOSE THE FISHING ROD!
- During a flashback in "The Transmitter Conspiracy Part 1", we have Andy introducing himself to Socrates:
"I enjoy video games, basket ball, and putting up with [my] pet talking hamster."
It was an interesting introduction.
- Done repeatedly in Can You Imagine That?.
- From The Joker's Wild, a Teen Titans crossover with Batman in which the Joker features prominently (mind you, he sent Harley out to get torture implements): "Did you get everything? The drills? The nails? The acid? The matches? The custard?" This doubles as Noodle Implements.
- In a Naruto/Mahou Sensei Negima! crossover fanfic, Broken Faith by Kur0Kishi has this as well in a side mission unrelated to the main plot.
"Sorry, calling it a missive is an understatement. He sent a clone that somehow traveled 500 miles from here to our Main Headquarters in under 3 hours over land and water, bypassed all official channels and communication protocols, slipped through our ward scheme like it wasn't there and evaded 130 individuals affiliated with our Association, including our entire Security Force. I found him drinking a bottle of 1978 Montrachet wine while chatting with my wife about the finer points of miso ramen in my own private quarters."
- In Gensokyo's Heart, the Author's Note for the second Intermission asks us three important questions.
- In Mass Effect Human Revolution, Wrex's listed crimes include "Two hundred and sixty-seven counts of driving under the influence, three hundred and seventy-five counts of vandalism and assault, and one count littering." However, that littering charge is due to ripping off another Krogan's testicles and tossing them into a public lake.
- My(stara's) Little Ponies: Friendship is Adventuring: The list of crimes Marcus (or rather, his alternate identity Eric of Vestland) is charged with in chapter 3:
"He is wanted for the theft of the Water Elves' Pearl, an affair with a Minrothadi ambassador, wearing an Augrist high priest's hat when unqualified to do so, stealing the harem of a Thyatian Ambassador, mocking the Thyatian Emperor, wearing the Sacred Hat of Valerias inappropriately, misleading youth, mocking the gods, failing to pay for 8 sandwiches, and 3 moving violations. Among other crimes."
- In National Security, America is mildly miffed at whoever decided he should go into hiding after he ends up with Neal Caffrey on the grounds he could have been stuck with an actual bad guy like a murderer or a rapist or a non-taxpayer.
- The description for No Gods, Only Guns uses this:
Ancient artifacts of immense power. Murderous synthetics. Ruthless megacorps. Unscrupulous mercenaries. Genocidal stellar god-machines. Incompetent galactic governments. Claptrap dubstep. The horrors of the galaxy are many....
- In No Hoper Light is not happy about having to attend the school for vampyres:
- In That Which Holds The Image the Doctor tells Harry, Ron and Hermione about some of the places the Tardis has gotten him.
"I materialised this box on the Security Deck of the Admiral Tholtrich. I landed this box on top of a Regulation Zebra prison ship, whilst it was in warp. This box got me a seat next to Brangelina at the Oscars."
- A Shadow of the Titans:
- Gadjo at one point lists all of his Berserk Buttons: zombies, his brother, those who threaten pie, and people who send him text messages.
- When Jade is going over her gathered school supplies, they're all mostly normal (for the HIVE), but she also mentions a "needlessly creepy" paperweight resembling Tarakudo.
- Monsters In Paradise: While Koishi Komeiji is briefly hospitalized in Hearthome City with her mind-reading powers reawakened, she picks up an analysis-in-progress from the nurse assigned to look after her. Amongst other things: the nurse's questions being answered before they were asked, the difficulties she had dealing with Koishi's external veins... and her pupils and irises being the same colour.
- I Against I, Me Against You: Rarity, after delivering a No-Holds-Barred Beatdown to CT, tries to explain herself to the others.
Rarity: He killed Captain Eberle, he killed everyone in the desert, he threatened to kill me, and worse, he called me old!!!
- Fortresshy: The Nine Fathers: At one point, the following threat is made, via letter:
Saxon Hale: Disobey me in this, and I will hunt you down, break every bone in your body, feed you to the reanimated corpse of my pet yeti, and kill you until you stay dead. And then you'll be fired.
- In The Story To End All Stories, when listing potential suspects, Penny Pringle mentions such well-known villains as Lex Luthor and Freddy Krueger along with Clifford Daniels, the sadistic 10-year-old from Clifford.
- The Metroid/Kamen Rider crossover fic Metroid: Kamen Rider Generations emphasizes this on Mitsuzane Kureshima's backstories. Considering that he is known for being the manipulative, lying, self-absorbed, cowering scumbag. The last thing he can do after killing Kouta and let Mai die but not only crying like a hysterical child, he also begins binge drinking to forget them, and doesn't mind falling off the wagon.
- Universe Falls: At the start of "Dipper and Lapis", the main characters are enjoying some downtime, and express gratitude that they don't have to deal with things like "crazy golf ball people", "brain-eating zombies", "jerky shape-shifters", "rampaging Gem robots", or "awkward dinner parties".
- To quote Jamie in Fantasy of Utter Ridiculousness:
"So, who else are we going to meet today? Living phantoms? Talking cats? Tofu enthusiasts?"
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Star Wars crossover fic Jedi Harris has a scene in Xander's physics class where Jonathan Levinson is supposed to be making a circuit board and failing miserably. Xander reflects that if it's ever turned on, "it would either melt, spontaneously combust or pick up Radio Moscow".
- During The Emiya Clan Christmas Special, this is invoked when Keiko gets her hands on the God/Burning Gundam.
Keiko: I AM AWESOME! I AM ALMIGHTY! I AM OMNIPOTENT! I AM GOING TO DESTROY CANADA!
- In Sapphire Eleanor Rose Suzette de Mont vs. Canon, the Long List of charges Charlie has racked up include throwing someone's computer out the window, impersonation, having a threesome with fictional characters, getting kicked out of Rio (twice), and pirating music.
- Beyond the Veil Volume One: Arrival:
In his day, Harry Potter had fought many fearsome creatures and won many deadly battles. In his fifteen, nearly sixteen, years of life, he had been through a great number of tough trials. He had fought dragons, giant snakes, soul sucking monsters, deadly wizards, and had to sleep in the same room with Ron Weasley's snoring.
- Deadpool Announces Hit the Mark shows Deadpool on Lian Yu as Oliver's trainer. It then cuts to a second Deadpool wearing heavy body padding and a pink wig ("Tumblrpool") typing at a computer. In a clear jab at the crazier members of the Arrow fandom...
Tumblrpool: Oh...did you see how Wade and Oliver looked at each other? It was pure magic! They are truly made for each other, I don't care what you say. And if you say differently, you are a misogynistic, homophobic, islamophobic, Nazi...meanie!Tumblrpool: (slams keyboard, turns and faces narrator) HOW DARE YOU ASSUME MY GENDER? You triggered me! You awful, vile, disgusting, bottom-feeding, nasty, stinky, wart-infested...straight white male!
- Death Note:
Light: I, Light Yagami am Kira. I'm a killer, a murderer, maybe even a bad person.
- In Office Politics Raito's revenge for L breaking up with him involves threatening his coworkers, killing more people, and changing L's screensaver to an ad for erectile dysfunction medication.
- In So Wrong, It's Right:
- In the D.Gray-Man fic 69 Ways To Torture Idiot Apprentice, Cross is so thrilled that the author decided to write an M-rated story that he makes a list of things he'll do to use it to his utmost advantage. It reads: Drink like no tomorrow, gamble everything away, including Allen, smoke EVERYTHING possible, even pot if nothing else is around, get bitches, lay bitches, do expensive shit that Allen will pay for, kill all of his loved ones so he focuses only on me, and snore when I sleep."
- In one Digimon fanfic featuring Yuehon, the Digidestined of China, this exchange occurs between her and the only remaining Digidestined of North Korea.
- In the Discworld fic The Importance of Being Mostly Human, Willikins lists some of the father-son activities shared by Sam Vimes and Young Sam as including "fishing for eldritch horrors in the Ankh, upturning country legal systems, [and] tiddly-winks".
- In Never Quite Done, a Doctor Who college AU, the college-aged version of the Brigadier has had a rough week with his dorm floormates: three students had set off the fire alarm, two nerf gun wars had broken out in the corridors, he'd had to call in a hazardous waste removal team... and he'd been rated the sexiest first-year floor proctor.
- A Series of Incredibly Fortunate Events combines the trope with a brutal Take That!:
But so far, it seemed to be one of those long, slow, crippling, unshakeable conditions that just got worse and worse, like Parkinson's, or MS, or Anne McCaffrey novels.
- In Never Had A Friend Like Me, Norm still hates Canada and occasionally magically torments the entire country. During one of Norm's attacks against Canada, he caused the place to be struck by earthquakes, volcanoes, floods, plagues of locusts, lightning, fires, glaciers, tornadoes, rampaging moose, and... he made the hockey players unable to skate in a straight line without falling.
- When listing some of the less moral people he's had as masters, Norm mentions dealing with "thieves, warriors, spies, murderers, psychopaths, and politicians."
- Forward: River catalogues her injuries after a prolonged pursuit, crash, walk across the desert, and gunfight.
Catalogue of injuries: hairline fracture in shin. Multiple fractured or broken ribs. Lacerations, bruising of back, vertebrae, possibly wrenched shoulder and back muscles. Bullet lodged in gut, precise location unknown. Head trauma, ninety-plus percent probability of concussion (postulate round ricocheting off boulder and bouncing off skull, or maybe shrapnel knocked loose by same) Bruised jaw. Sunburns.
- Niceties in a Crisis: Kurt is telling Will off for treating him unfairly. While speculating about why Will doesn't like him, he says: "I don't know if it's some kind of latent homophobia, or that you don't really know what to do with me, or if you just don't want someone in the club whose hair is better than yours."
- The Sacred And The Profane: "...Caphriel had a bizarre tendency to get upset over the slightest things, like murder and rape and duck torture." Mostly used to show that, no, Zirah really doesn't see much difference in the levels of those crimes; why do you ask?
- You're Like, the Magic Twins or Something: Come up to Mabel and Dipper's annoyance. Demon magic and floating jewelry, fine, the Pines parents can take that... But no way are their kids getting tattoos, they’re teenagers for goodness sake!
- The fanfic One Wizard Too Many has a warning about the following: "Mayhem, destruction, and HHRnote ."
- A sort of 'reverse example' with Hermione's Badass Boast in The Parselmouth of Gryffindor:
Hermione: "I am Hermione Jean Granger. Some of my dearest friends are a millennium-old Basilisk and the Vanquisher of Voldemort. I got O-s on every single exam I took last year."
- A certain very much NSFW fan fic story has the following disclaimer:
The fanfiction listed herein could contain any of the following: angst, bitextual, blasphemy, bondage, brother-fucking, crack, cross-dressing, cross-gen, dead bodies, dirty talk, drinking, dubious consent, drug use, felching, female/female, felching, frottage, foul language, gen, gratuitious house-elf nudity, grudge-fucking, hatesex, het, incest, male/male, mindfucking, more angst, porn, rimming, sex, smoking, slash, smut, Stan Shunpike, substance abuse, threesomes (or moresomes), underage characters, unhealthy relationships, violation of inanimate objects, violence, voyeurism, wanking, and the occasional typographical error.
- The blurb for Harry Potter And Lord Of Zenth Mage:
Harry is Son of Power, High Lord of Zenth Mage, Heir of ShaoLinWudanParaohRomeMongolian Emperor, and Super Warrior. He plays Voldemort, Dumbledore, fool ministry as his pawns. He will have relationships with girls.
- In Confessions Draco tells Harry that he would have preferred to be in love with someone "smarter, with less of a hero syndrome and better hair."
- In Dumbledore's Army and the Year of Darkness, Ginny rattles off a list of equipment she's managed to smuggle into the castle, finishing with "and some Pygmy Puff treats for Arnold".
- This moment from Lord of Caer Azkaban:
Auror: Minister Fudge, you are under arrest for Abuse of Power, Corruption, Perjury, Enlisting Others to Make False Statements, Fraud, and Jaywalking.
- In Meet the Godparents, Harry is nervous about meeting Ron's Aunt Muriel and tries to joke about it.
Harry: I've outflown a dragon, I've faced down hordes of Death Eaters, and I've snatched the last dessert away from Ron.
- Sweet Protector:
Harry: This is not good. But hey, I survived Voldemort, the Dursleys, and Snape's potion classes!
- In Vengeance from the Grave Harry confronts Dumbledore who, in addition to stunning Harry in the back (allowing him to be captured and tortured by Voldemort and his minions) has been stealing from his account to fund the Order of the Phoenix.
Harry: You will be charged with treason for having attacked an officer of the ministry, thereby leaving him at the mercy of the very terrorist he was defending the public, including your own ungrateful arse, against. Add to that fraud, grand theft and if I have my way; offensive facial hair!
- In Royal Chances alternate-dimension Voldemort threatens to torture Umbridge for the scar on Harry's hand.
Harry: No Tom, you can't kill anyone. Nor can you chop them up into little pieces or water torture them or make them watch any cute children's movies that are really cute.
- In Harry Potter the Undead Slayer Harry, having been pulled from his foster family by the Goblet of Fire, threatens to begin "enhanced interrogations" if he doesn't get some answers pretty soon. Cedric unwisely asks what he means by that.
Harry: Thumbscrews, bamboo splinters, the rack, waterboarding, Justin Bieber music...though the last is banned in three galaxies.
- An Ancient Method of Torturing Males:
Hot needles under the fingernails, boiling oil being poured on unprotected flesh, literal salt rubbed into wounds, prolonged exposure to whiny teeny-bopper pop music; these were all things that he'd rather be going through at the moment than the torture he was now experiencing.
- Storm of Yesterday:
Emmeline Vance: Sirius Black is a cad of terrible quality. He's foul-mouthed, inappropriate, completely offensive in any situation and he has a tiny prick!
- In Jedi Potter Dolores Umbridge is arrested for several offenses.
She was also found guilty of possession of eleven dark arts artifacts; a Mayan sacrifice blade...well used; the heart of a human child; a cursed mask designed to induce nightmares of the lethal kind into the wearer; a phial of basilisk venom; six blood quills; and a pair of really tight, high-heeled shoes that had no purpose other than to torture the person wearing them.
- In Take no Umbridge II: Taking Defense Dumbledore evaluates the charges against Umbridge.
Dumbledore: I believe that brings it to two hundred seventy-six charges for her trial thus far. And can someone please tell me who added and what is jaywalking?
- In Hunt McGonagall explains the differences between the idealized Boy-Who-Lived and the real Harry Potter to Ginny.
McGonagall: He has a hot temper, he likes to keep peace, even if he should speak out, he bottles all his problems up and his handwriting resembles chicken scratch.
- Embracing Destiny:
And many students were sick of how the standards had been lowered, how discrimination had alienated the houses from each other and especially the girls disliked how the uniforms made them look fat.
- Harry Potter and the Quantum Leap:
Susan: Well, this raises the legend of the 'Boy-Who-Lived'... Not only does he defeat a mountain troll barehanded, now he slays basilisks. What's next?
Harry: Werewolf? Giant? Vampire? Acromantulas? Inland Revenue inspector?
- In Kyon: Big Damn Hero, Kyon mentions casually to Sasaki that he has to meet several past instances of people, fight 12 thugs at once, arrange to deliver an alien artifact and study for a math test. It scares the crap out of adult Mikuru, but Sasaki doesn't take it seriously.
- During You Got HaruhiRolled!'s court case arc, Haruhi is on trial. When listing her charges, the prosecutor plays with this trope: Haruhi is accused of thievery (the most serious on the list, but mentioned first), being stupid and an asshole, as well as pushing a random passerby. This last one is treated as severe as the others, because Haruhi is unfortunate enough to be in a Kangaroo Court.
- Hivefled: The warnings page lists death, rape, incest, torture, body horror, cannibalism, necrophilia, and "dubious use of buckets". It Makes Sense in Context, though; said "dubious use" involves Bizarre Alien Biology and forced incestuous reproduction.
- Shows up a lot in Moirallegiance Is Science:
- Of course, no-one wants to watch innocent people get murdered, so they choose criminals, vagrants, delinquents, and apparently schoolgirls with too many absences.
- Shadows Awakening: When Jade is listing reasons she shouldn't trust the Queen, she mentions how the Queen tried to ally herself with Shendu, kill Jackie, how the Queen antagonized everyone, and finally, the Queen's sense of fashion (or lack thereof).
- During the Justice mini-arc in Vaguely Recalling JoJo, Enya threatens to break Jotaro's spine, tear apart his flesh, and slash off all of his hair.
- Those Lacking Spines: "Organization XIII was not a nice group of sort-of-kind-of-former people. They toyed with minds, they twisted relationships, they used lives as tools, they manipulated innocents, they spread chaos, they captured hearts, they lengthened the lines at the DMV and they commanded Heartless."
- In The Official Fanfiction University of Middle-earth: "Sauron would going to roast her for breakfast. He would make her grow long pointy nails. He would flunk her." (OK, the latter might be pretty bad for a fangirl, who'd have to leave Middle-Earth.)
- The Very Awkward Ringtone: Loki's list of shitty things that has happened that day includes Thor being banished, Odin going comatose, finding out he was adopted and being unable to get his old ringtone back.
- Mega Man Recut: Proto Man’s list of crimes in the first chapter ends with "defacement of a public statue". Sadly, this was not foreshadowing for Mega-Pinocchio's Abraham Lincoln incident.
- Whisper: Trixie apologizes to Twilight Sparkle and her friends for all the things she did in the story and in the episode "Boast Busters", including that she's sorry "for thinking that you were an evil sorceress and wanting you to be tarred and feathered or turned to stone or crushed by a garbage wagon or kicked in the shins."
- Getting Back on Your Hooves has a similar example when Trixie brings up her List of Transgressions from "Boast Busters" (first wondering why Rarity fixed her mane rather than take revenge and second apologizing to Rainbow, both times ending with the fact she bragged about it.
- Trixie: I called your mane a rat's nest, goaded you into a rigged contest, turned your hair into a disgusting green mess, humiliated you in front of the entire town, and then bragged about doing it! And before that I publicly humiliated two of your best friends!
Spike: Which you also bragged about.
- In A Kingdom Divided, Scootaloo lists dangerous creatures Twist can meet in the forest, including bears, wild boars and drunk lumberjacks.
- In Telling Tales, Rarity complains about hearing grisly tales of "exploding dragons, eyes gouged out, [and] abominable table manners".
- Parodied in this picture, which points out that amongst enslaving kingdoms and cursing ponies, King Sombra also swipes their clothes.
- Used in narration in The Vinyl And Octavia Series, when Octavia first goes to Vinyl Scratch's apartment.
- Octavia hesitated as she looked around the cramped apartment. Piles of unwashed clothes lay everywhere, which was odd as Vinyl had never worn clothes in the short time Octavia knew her. The sink was filled with messy dishes, which Octavia suspected were several days, if not weeks, old. The walls were cracked, the ceiling was leaking in a few rooms, and the carpet didn’t match the drapes.
- In the Nancy Drew fic Icicle Creek Lodge on Yelp, Lou Talbot gives the lodge one star because he was arrested for digging up dinosaur bones there...and because the cook put paprika in his food.
- A Growing Affection has the Nine-Tails telling Naruto her favorite past-times are murder, NTR, and cheating at cards and dice.
- When Naruto is introducing and mentioning things about himself after time traveling in Time MixUp, he says he dislikes "traitorous, revenge obsessed bastards who decide to destroy an entire village because of the actions of a couple of its citizens, and the three minute wait for my instant ramen to be ready."
- In Kitsune no Ken: Fist of the Fox, Hidan's recent list of crimes include attempted murder, obsessively stalking his ex-girlfriend, and damaging a copy of Icha Icha Paradise.
- A Crown of Stars: In part 8, several Avalon City cops arrest one of the Princesses of The Empire and her friends for "'borrowing' the lander, leaving the Empire underage without permission, and ditching school".
- Thousand Shinji: When Shinji was about to fight Zeruel, he had this to say: "Motherfucker, you've invaded my city, beaten the fuck out of two of three of the girls I cherish most in this world, and now you're making me play the Big Damn Hero with this last minute entrance. I hate playing the Big Damn Hero."
- In Ripples, Waves, Tsunamis, a One Piece fic, we have this:
Luffy: Of course I'm serious! This bastard broke on to our ship, our home, hurt Nami, almost drowned Chopper…and most importantly…HE STOLE ALL MY MEAT!
- Multiple examples from the One Piece Self-Insert Fic This Bites!:
- In the Christmas Episode, Wiper binds and gags Aisa and uses her as the replacement for their broken Christmas Star. What did she do to earn this? Sneaking out to Upper Yard to gather Vearth, accepting a gift of roasted almonds from the Skypiean Conis rather than fighting to the death as a Shandoran should, and using her Mantra to figure out where they were hiding the Christmas presents. That last one is what makes Laki think the punishment is appropriate.
- Vivi beating up Mr. 2 in Chapter 20. She slugs him in the throat for hurting Usopp, breaks his nose for attacking her country, and then gives him a Groin Attack for his outfit.
- The list of offenses Drake levels against Cross ends with the illegal importation of South Birds, an endangered species.
- Archive of Our Own states in the Terms of Service: "Unless it violates some other policy, we will not remove Content for offensiveness, no matter how awful, repugnant, or badly spelled we may personally find that content to be." and "You understand that using the Archive may expose you to material that is offensive, erroneous, sexually explicit, indecent, blasphemous, objectionable, or badly spelled."
- Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Case 5: Turnabout Substitution: When talking to Rhea Wits about her computer, her hobbies on it include creating scuba-diving simulators, hacking the pentagon's computer, and chatting with friends on the internet.
Apollo: Yeah right, like she knows how to chat on the internet!
- The first chapter of The Retelling of Pokémon Colosseum has one of these:
Gonzap: Very smart, Wes. You've destroyed our main snag machine, and stolen the other one. You took our zoomer. And to boot, you used those explosives we had been planning to use as well to utterly destroy our base. AND half of my moustache has burnt off, and I don't have any eyebrows anymore. You'll pay for this.
- In Pokémon Reset Bloodlines, Sabrina is guilty of kidnapping, murder, and plagiarizing a move from a Pokémon Coordinator to create a Laser Blade with her Kadabra's Psycho Cut and their spoons.
- In Pretty Cure Heavy Metal, Shugo lists three things you can't say on television in one episode. Due to a censorship scandal involving South Park episode "201", the last item is "Muhammad".
- Lassiter Learns How to Bend, Shawn says: "And while Drimmer may have been a murdering psycho and a very bad dresser..."
- In Ice Ice Baby, in the second chapter, the four gods deliberate on how to measure who the greatest among them is, with the options: "An audit", "a shoot-out", and "a bake sale".
- The author's warnings on Chapter 24 of Control Alt Delete are for drug references, profanity... and Greek mythology.
- In a Super Smash Bros. fanfic, Princess Peach has banned Smashing. Mario, Link, Bowser, and Pikachu are arrested for having a match. Bowser's charges are read something along the lines of "Participating in a Smash match, multiple attempts to abduct Princess Peach, and failure to appear for jury duty."
- At the climax of Didn't Expect That, Eleya charges Franklin Drake with an assortment of crimes committed both in the story itself and in Star Trek Online. The full list is "illegal genetic experimentation, misuse of government resources, sending a false distress signal, criminal negligence leading to combat loss of Starfleet assets, espionage, conspiracy to commit murder… Oh, and two counts of trespassing."note
- In Slut-Raven (a NSFW Teen Titans'' story on AdultFanfFiction.org), Raven's rant against her alternate self ends with this:
Raven: She’s ruining my reputation, destroying the team dynamic, provoking emotions and thoughts that shouldn’t exist, and, worst of all, she likes to take it UP THE BUTT.
- Diesel and the Community Service: Some of the Thin Git's crimes are unpaid parking tickets, uncompensated property damage, and unapologetic name calling.
- In the Total Drama Island fic Total Drama Tokyo, one of the teams is lost in the woods, which are filled with Youkai.
Vivienne: All right, this is the last straw. It's raining, we almost got killed by Onis, there's nowhere to sleep, we can't find the key anywhere, and Puck won't stop complaining about his itchy butt.
- In The Last Daughter, it is mentioned on Taylor's long sheet of hero activities, which included apprehending supervillains and busting gangs, that she helped a young girl get her cat down from a tree.