Long ago, a Spider Yokai killed a lot of people; but a brave monk challenged her.In modern day; a young used bookseller (Suzuri) and his landlord's granddaughter (Mizuki) crack a sealed book that had an offspring of that spider. The spider takes the form of a young innocent child; and they take care of her.A heartwarming tale. Or not.
- Cute Monster Girl: Horribly subverted; the cute appearance is an act; and she ultimately sacrifices Mizuki to her mother and shapeshifts into her.
- Downer Ending: Mizuki is eaten by the spider's mother, and the spider-child masquerades as Mizuki without anyone being the wiser.
- History Repeats: The same events happened to the monk. The current day cast even read about it.
- Lured into a Trap: Pay close attention to the old bookkeeper's wording. Furthermore he seems nonplussed about the existence of yokai... probably because he seems to have gone though something similar that Suzuri went through with a different kind of monstergirl.
- Nature Versus Nurture: Nature wins... Not that there was even a fight to begin with.
- Treacherous Advisor: The old bookkeeper knew what was going to happen.