Two Car is a fall 2017 racing/sports anime taking place on a fictional island off Tokyo where, like the Real Life Isle of Man, there are no speed limits. As such, it plays host to the fast paced sport of two-man sidecar motorcycle racing.The anime started on October 7, 2017 with a simulcast on Crunchyroll.
Two Car contains examples of:
- Abuse Mistake: Happens to Nagisa when in the onsen. Her driver Izumi has a very aggressive driving style which means Nagisa tends to wind up with bruises from where she collides with their bike.
- Always Identical Twins: The Shishido sisters, Maria and Yuria. Zig-Zagged when Maria cuts her hair in episode 6 to look different, and then in Episode 7, Yuria cuts hers to match again.
- Badass Biker: What most of the cast aspire to be
- Bifauxnen: Katakura Mao. Referred to as the Crossdressing Beauty and wears a male version of her school's uniform with trousers rather than a skirt.
- Biker Babe: It's an all-girls motorcycle competition. This is to be expected.
- Boke and Tsukkomi Routine: The team from Osaka almost continuously.
- Cool Sidecar: Given the nature of the sport they blur the line between an independent sidecar and an integral part of the bike.
- Elegant Gothic Lolita: Amano Alisu and Itou Kurosu from Kyoto. They even have specialised outfits that they can wear over their racing suits
- Extreme Doormat: NAGISA. Willingly obeys Izumi's word even if it ends up hurting her in the process. A bit unique in her case though is that while she gets an arc where she tries to gain a bit of independence and backbone, she ends up submitting to Izumi by the end of it anyway, something which severely disappoints the other characters in-universe.
- In Misaki's arc, she believes that she is one, and initially also believed that, due to Chiyuki's rich girl persona (later revealed to be a mere facade she puts up) and her family being rather poor, that the former chose Misaki as her partner so she could have a doormat to walk all over and push around (subverted once we find out the real reason, which is that Misaki was the first person that Chiyuki felt looked past her wealth and prestige; and she was holding back with her because she doesn't want her to get severely injured, a worry that was formed based on trauma of her previous partner which suffered the same fate).
- Helmets Are Hardly Heroic: Episodes 2 and 3 show the girls taking part in practice sessions without helmets.
- Genki Girl: Miyakejima High Broadcast Club Announcer Maita Ai. But only when in front of a live mike. Otherwise she tends to more of a Sleepyhead
- Motorcycle on the Coast Road: Inevitable given that it involves motorcycle racing and the episodes take place on an island. One of the coast roads is actually part of the race course
- Shout-Out: The Motegi Twins are a clear reference to the Twin Ring Motegi Course
- Significant Haircut: Maria (one of the twins) gives herself a haircut in episode 6, making the twins able to be told apart.
- Tsundere: The main protagonist team are both tsundere toward each other.
- Wrench Wench: Most of the cast to a varying degree given that they're capable of performing maintenance on their own rides.