''Super High Speed Galvion'' is a 1984 anime about a secret organisation named Circus using [[TransformingMecha transforming]] [[RealRobot cars]] to fight the evil Shadow group. Who also use transforming cars, as well as MechaMooks, for their own evil deeds. Later on in the series, just before it got canceled, it was revealed that [[spoiler: Shadow was the front-end for invaders from space]].
Galvion was meant to be a toy-driven franchise for toy company Takatoku. However they went bankrupt soon after the show was canceled, without releasing any toy. Four of the toys were later released as cheap train station toys, and also by US toy company Select in their ''Convertors'' line-up. A decent selection of model kits, some horrifyingly OffModel, was released by model kit companies Arii, Imai, and LS.
Surprisingly, given its obscurity, [[http://www.bandaivisual.co.jp/GALVION/ Bandai is releasing it for DVD and Blu-Ray in 2013.]]
!!''Galvion'' provides examples of:
* AMechByAnyOtherName: The Road Fighters, Chasers, etc.
* CombiningMecha: Combined with MechaExpansionPack.
* RecruitingTheCriminal: Mu and Maya.
* ShoutOut: Galvion 3 Zector is essentially a transforming version of the [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vector_W2 Vector W2 supercar]].
* SuperPrototype: The Galvion cars.