Anime: Sisters of Wellber
Tina Lothar was an infamous cat burglar, making both her fortune and her reputation in the kingdom of Wellber. One night, she sneaks into the castle... where she witnesses Princess Rita Sior stabbing the man that was to be her husband, Prince Gernia Han of Sangratras. Due to a series of unlikely events, both Tina and Rita end up running out of the country with their companions Sherry and Sir Cyrano de Bergerac, on a quest to the country of Sangratras to attempt to stop war from breaking out.
The first season aired in 2007. A second season, Sisters of Wellber Zwei,
came out in 2008.
This series provides examples of the following tropes:
- All Men Are Perverts: All of the men in Dust Lust, at least.
- Arranged Marriage: Rita enters into one with Gernia to avoid war with Sangratras. Of course, then she ends up stabbing the guy...
- The Atoner: Rodin, after he is confronted with killing Tina's parents.
- Barbie Doll Anatomy: Averted. Rita's nipples are clearly visible during the first episode after she has stabbed Prince Gernia.
- Played straight with Sherry, but possibly justified in that she's a fairy.
- Bodyguard Crush: Rita starts to fall for Galahad by the second season. Too bad Weiss felt the same way towards Rita...
- Conspicuous CG
- Everything's Better with Princesses
- Framing the Guilty Party: When Tina gets framed for stealing a vase after having promised Rita to retire from her life of crime... except she really didn't steal that vase, and has to spend the rest of the episode clearing herself.
- Girls with Guns: Tina uses one, despite the (mostly) fantasy setting. She intentionally uses less gunpowder to make her shots non-lethal, however.
- Honor Before Reason: Most of the characters take their shot, usually when someone needs to carry the Idiot Ball.
- Hooker with a Heart of Gold: The city of Dust Lust is basically a town full of these.
- I Have Boobs, You Must Obey!: How Tina and Rita manage to escape from the search party in Dust Lust.
- Important Haircut: For both practical and symbolic reasons, Princess Rita cuts her hair in the second episode. It doesn't stop people from recognizing her, though.
- Instant A.I., Just Add Water: Sir Cyrano de Bergerac, a sentient tank, who has actually been given the title of Duke. Yeah, he's pretty Bad Ass.
- It's Personal: Tina's family was killed in front of her by the Death Wasp Man. Hearing about him being sighted in Sangratras was one of the reasons she volunteered to guard Rita.
- Japanese Honorifics: Tina refers to Rita as "hime-sama" (basically "Princess") far into the series; occasionally, this has given away their identity far more quickly than they intended.
- Keigo: Cyrano and Rita keep to relatively polite modes of speech, while Tina and Sherry (and most of the rest of the cast) tend to be far less formal. Tina still calls Rita "hime-sama," though, despite her protests.
- Knight Templar: Galahad, Galahad, Galahad, what will we ever do with you?
- Limited Wardrobe: Each of the main characters has probably two or three outfits, tops.
- MacGuffin: The petition to the King of Sangratas to try and avoid war. It doesn't work.
- Mad Oracle: Subverted with Rodin. Technically, he was only mad for a short period, and for good reason, but has always had a talent for precognition regardless.
- Naked First Impression: The first time Tina sees Rita. Of course, she was probably also a bit distracted by the bloody body at her feet.
- Nipple and Dimed: Averted. Rita's breasts are in full view during the first episode... though the context draws away from the sexy.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: The Mayor from the third episode.
- Princesses Prefer Pink: Well, her hair is pink, anyway.
- Rape as Drama: What Prince Gernia seems to have been trying to do to Rita when we first see her, and the reason she stabbed him. This is (mostly) a misunderstanding: Prince Gernia is actually a serial killer who collects women's eyes, and he wanted Rita's bad. The knife she stabbed him with was the one he was going to kill her with.
- Rebellious Princess: Rita, sort of. Well, it was that or get executed, so she didn't really have much choice.
- Revenge Before Reason: Tina's desire to see the Death Wasp Man pay for killing her family drives much of her actions throughout the show.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: The reason the Death Wasp Man, AKA Prince Rodin Sior, murdered Tina's family was that he went insane after seeing his entire unit killed and targeted random people in his sorrow. Tina's parents were just in the way.
- Serial Killer: The man who has been killing women and taking out their eyes. You may know him as Prince Gernia.
- Tank Goodness: Cyrano de Bergerac, a sentient tank, and also Rita's transport/weapon of choice.
- Team Pet: Sherry, though Cyrano may also count.
- Technical Pacifist: Tina, who uses low-powder shots to make her shots non-lethal. The only man she wishes to kill is the Death Wasp Man, AKA Rita's brother, Rodin.
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: No one seems to comment on the sentient, talking tank or the naked green fairy that follows the two girls around.
- Verbal Tic: Sherry says "beru" at the end of every sentence.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: And pink and green and white...