Anime: Magical Idol Pastel Yumi
Pastel Yumi, the Magic Idol is the fourth Magical Girl series created by Studio Pierrot, airing in 1986.Yumi Hanazono is an aspiring mangaka who loves drawing and flowers. On the day of the Flower Festival, she rescues a dandelion from being weeded, and is surprised when the flowers start speaking to her. The voices belong to Kakimaru and Keshimaru, two flower elves who give Yumi a magical wand and locket as a reward for her kindness. If Yumi draws something in mid-air with her wand, and recites the phrase, "Pastel Poppuru Poppin-pa!", whatever she drew will become real.
- Art Initiates Life
- Big Ball of Violence: When the two fairies squabble over ice cream in episode 1.
- Book Dumb: Yumi doesn't do very well in school.
- Book On The Head: Mrs. Fukurokoji once bet with her aunt she could teach lady-like manners to Yumi. Lessons included the walk with books, and at first, Yumi was not able to curtsy without make them fall.
- Dysfunction Junction: Yumi's mother is an alcoholic, and her parents are often fighting with each other.
- Fat Bastard: Mrs. Fukurokoji
- Fairy Companion: Kakimaru and Keshimaru
- Hour of Power: Yumi's magical drawings only last for a short time.
- Innocent Flower Girl
- Laser-Guided Karma: The fairies gave Yumi her powers as a thank-you because she rescued the dandelion.
- Magic Wand: One that was made from a tulip.
- Meaningful Name: "Hana" means "flower."
- Tertiary Sexual Characteristics: Keshimaru wears a bowtie, while Kakimaru wears a bow on her tail. Though they avert Pink Girl, Blue Boy, because Keshimaru is the one who's colored pink. (Kakimaru is yellow).